Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I imported my character from baldurs gate 1 into baldurs gate 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Drakenel posted:

Smart move would be to just stop talking about it, let it quietly die while telling any braindead investor that asks about it that it's 'still in development'. (And then never finish it.) Slowly try to rebuild your brands and get your business back on track.

But that requires forward thinking, and most top level executives can't stop fellating their 'quarterly reports' to allow their brains oxygen.

Isn't this what Ubisoft is doing? I haven't heard about their NFT stuff in long long while.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

deep dish peat moss posted:

Unity merged with ironSource (a company that finds innovative ways to insert ads into every-loving-thing) last year for pretty much the explicit purpose of doing this, and filling Unity with a bunch of other trash-tier ways for devs to monetize their games:
https://techcrunch.com/2022/11/07/unity-and-ironsources-4-4b-merger-is-now-complete/

Meanwhile its CEO made statements about how monetization should be the main focus of any game dev and said indie devs who don't put monetization first are "some of the biggest loving idiots."
https://www.thegamer.com/unity-ceo-game-dev-monetization-fcking-idiots/

I would not at all be surprised if future versions of Unity do something like charge the devs nickle-and-diming fees in several obtuse ways which the dev can sidestep by paying a yearly premium or by clicking an "enable ad-supported" toggle that makes the players watch ads regularly with all of the revenue going to Unity to cover the fees.

(Much like every "disruptive" software company that grows big, as soon as they "disrupted", got the market share and pushed several competitors out of business, they panicked because there was no more market share to gain and began tanking their product for the sake of their investors' returns - and they will probably be wildly successful because they do not have much competition anymore)

Unity has signed a contract with the US military to provide its simulation technology for defense purposes. The Unity Engine developer announced the three-year multi-million dollar deal in 2022.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Ghostlight posted:

I'm the Sell arrow originating from Step 6: Rare NFTs (not for sale)

My guess is that your earn those NFTs by playing, and you can sell them but not buy them directly from the game store. In other words, this is where the gold farmer bots break the game economy.