Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrianRx
Jul 21, 2007
Wait, what is the use case for crypto in videogames? Is the idea that you can document the purchase of unique items in the game and possibly trade/sell them to others as NFTs? How is that different from hats in TF2 or skins in CS? Where do coins come in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianRx
Jul 21, 2007
Why didn't these companies go all in on hats in the last decade if selling imaginary video game objects is the wave of the future? There was a huge market for goobers who wanted to spend thousands of dollars on a render of a knife with a camouflage hilt in the 2010s. This is just a more complicated and fragile way of doing exactly the same thing. What am I missing?

BrianRx
Jul 21, 2007
I miss grown ups. I don't like that the kids who ate glue in elementary school have control of world-changing amounts of "money".