Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

You meaning to tell me that all these people slobbering about NFTs have no clue about how to make a game?! Gasp!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

These people have no loving clue how loving goddamn crazy they sound. Nothing. Not ONE thing in that sounded fun.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

floofyscorp posted:

Some of the conversations I've had in industry spaces about this are absolutely loving wild.

I'd want to hear some.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

What... What is wrong with these people? Not the scammers, those I have an idea of and despise accordingly, but... People who buy into this... How can they function in basic reality? How can they tie their tricking shoes in the morning?! It's so obviously divorced from any kind of established precedence or background!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

...what really strikes me down with how utterly shameless these people are is the way they keep going ON AND ON about how this was going to be web3, the new way to run things on the internet and share information!

And then everyone asks them how and they just babble about ownership as if their little piece of software was in ANY way superior to anything that is already here. I mean, God knows the internet is bad right now, but... This was so obviously not the answer to anything.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Lammasu posted:

So NFT trading has fallen 97% since January. Yet they keep pushing this stuff.

But that would mean having to admit they were wrong!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

What an utter, disgusting poo poo show this loving poo poo was. God, when I think of how much time was spent on trying to push this uselessness onto games, which added NOTHING to the functionality of a loving game.

Idiotic!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Clarste posted:

Just think... procedurally generated AI level design.

What's the difference between this and the way seeds of roguelites work? Is there any?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Qwertycoatl posted:

And in the replies, the next handwavium iteration of "you'll be able to transfer NFTs to other games"

https://twitter.com/MichaelMumbauer/status/1632594085403049984

These people are so, so dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Kith posted:

https://www.gamesradar.com/square-enixs-nft-game-sounds-like-a-nightmare-nobodys-prepared-for/

https://twitter.com/LGG_DAO/status/1628952878487416832?s=20

the hair clipping through the hats IN THE PROMO ART is not inspiring confidence in this absolute loving disaster

I've often thought that a lot of anime-esque art was lazy, but THIS...