Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

The next layer is the fact that I don't know what player would possibly want to interact with a system like this. If I like playing World of Warcraft, presenting me with the suggestion that if I want to get ahead in raiding I should play Candy Crush for 20 hours and then transfer resources from that game into Clash of Clans and then further beyond, would not elicit anything from me other than loud retching noises. Just the idea that this is somehow desirable to anyone is baffling. I don't know how someone can be so divorced from the modern gamer zeitgeist as to believe that. There's no incentive for players either.

The funny part about this is that in Shadowlands WoW basically has this sort of situation going on, with a whole bunch of currencies that force you to spend dozens of hours playing all sorts of content you may or may not like and then converting them back and forth in a byzantine system in order to get your gear upgraded enough so you can actually do end game raids

How's it going? Its led to the collapse of WoW (among many, many other things, although those things aren't opposed to the NFT crowd either) to the point where the catgirl MMO took its crown

Feldegast42 fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jun 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

This is the kind of poo poo that my inner child makes me wonder if I'm somehow missing something with crypto. Even the people that defined my childhood are running straight into the buzzsaw with this poo poo and I just cannot understand it.

Its the biggest pyramid / Ponzi scheme of all time.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Something I just thought of -- an NFT is tied to a certain blockchain, right? Can you make a competing NFT tied to a different blockchain for a piece of content?

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Given EVE's playerbase a NFT blockchain game from CCP would at least generate a whole lot of comedy