Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

deep dish peat moss posted:

I imagine whoever sold them on the idea in the first place has convinced them that the backlash from gamers is no different than it was when Oblivion sold Horse Armor

Did horse armor make lots of money? I thought that bombed as the early scapegoat but later iterations of microtransactions/DLC created our modern gaming hellscape

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I think microtransactions had way more of a case for "this might be helpful or beneficial at some point" than NFTs

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Excited for when the square execs say "we need a killer app to make NFTs work, and the best way to do that will be to attach them to a must buy title" and then ff7 remake part 2 requires nft purchases to progress

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Because if you set up a machine learning procedural graphical asset generation process (easy) that massive group of nft gamers will flock to your game, netting you additional sales in the dozens!

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

But how's symbiogenesis doing