Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Yes, the "earning" requires someone to pay in to buy your poo poo. You know, the most basic of MLM/pyramid type scams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

drat this dude with the Elon Musk quote picture on his wall seems cool as gently caress

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Game that has failed to launch like four or five times already: https://massivelyop.com/2022/04/25/bless-unleashed-pc-is-becoming-a-blockchain-play-to-earn-mmorpg/

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Or specifically it was developed by people working for free in his "religious compound" in germany

What the gently caress

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Some of the old dungeon crawlers had save transfers between franchises, not just with a series.

Yeah Bard's Tale let you import Wizardry disks I think?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

lmao yeah okay

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Drakenel posted:

Investing in a company seemed like a good idea so long ago...

Now its basically chaining yourself to a bunch of lobotomized, screaming chimps with your money.

It was literally always that way

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Somfin posted:

Got an absolutely shameful reminder of how little these NFT folks actually know about, like, anything at a local games conference today.

Was this the New Zealand game dev conference out of curiosity? Having an obvious plant in a tiny audience is pretty lmao

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Somfin posted:

There was a "do you have any cool upcoming features like this one that I'm going to mention by name"

There was, importantly, one single mention of games in the entire one hour presentation, which was about getting kids to make games for money (the guy called it pocket money 2.0)

oh my god

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

man who made simcity ignores lessons of simcity

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Somfin posted:

SimCity's lesson was "happiness and sickness don't matter, just cop up"

I was thinking of the pollution and environmental impact angle but well, you got me there

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Its the president of Square Enix's pet project, and they sold off a bunch of popular franchises to fund it. No way is he going to admit he majorly hosed up.

They did not, and would have done this project even if they didn't sell Eidos

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

The entire east/west split was bad for both Eidos and Square Enix and getting rid of them was the best for both parties

The CEO's love of NFT is separate to that, like the Million Arthur NFT thing they did that probably brought them like ten dollars total

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Square Enix is really determined to run that poo poo into the ground. So many Nier crossovers with other games. it even got a lovely mobile game.

Oh no, a mobile game. Truly, a mark of shame against any IP, especially a Japanese one.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Babylon's Fall is not a good game at all, like aside from some setting trappings it's just bad all around and the culmination of everything Platinum wanted to do starting with Scalebound lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

There's been like one or two people in the Naninovel discord wanting to do something NFT with it but both sounded like ideas guys, naturally

More recently it's been "I made an entire VN with AI" and "I've been wanting to do infinite seinfeld since 2018 actually"