Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Wow, 5 likes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

They saw that Konami made some cash from an NFT sale so are adding NFTs to their merch store for a slice of that pie.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

More surprised to learn Sega and Namco got in on it earlier

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Is it even a game?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Yeah I feel like a new tech gimmick has arrived and a bunch of those "idea guys" that were really into nfts in gaming have just moved on to the next thing. I'm sure there's still people out there wanting to grift or make something of it but I feel like its time as 'the next big thing' has passed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

When there was all that stuff about the CEO's interest in nfts this is basically what I expected it to amount to. There was all sorts of speculation about nft integration into FFXIV or whatever but just selling nft art is what Konami did and what i imagined this would all boil down to.