Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Bust Rodd posted:

Sandman’s inclusion was so distracting. Of all of Peter’s villains he feels the most contrived and OP, and I never feel like Peter beats him in a satisfying way that makes sense. Sandman functions more like a Swamp Thing level god then a villain. Even in a movie opposite Electro it just seems like Sandman could easily, effortlessly just destroy Manhattan and shred Spidey like mincemeat by become a razor-bladed sandstorm desert twister and every Sandman fight is just Spidey lasting until the plot macguffin works or functions and deactivates Sandman.

I liked Carnage fine as a “thank god I’m vaccinated and can enjoy a movie” sort of reward for surviving COVID but as both a fan of Carnage and a huge fan of the first Venom film it completely loving sucked and lacked stakes of any kind and just completely wasted Harrelson and Hardy. There was a way to make this script more about developing the relationship between Cassidy and Brock, make it more personal. Imagine a comedy-action-horror film in which Eddie & Venom are being chased through the city by a serial killer, who almost catches them, but Eddie escapes, but not without Cassidy getting getting impaled by Venom and becoming Carnage…

I’m not a screenwriter but I just don’t understand how you can make a Venom/Carnage movie where Venom & Carnage only interact for 5 minutes at the very end. Just an insanely weak script with nothing going on.

I don't like how Sandman can grow into a big roaring monster in the movies. Can he do that in the comics? Seems to me that his sand/concrete powers should be limited by his mass. Like where if he decides to grow that big then he's less solid and more like a giant sand ghost instead of a Dark Souls boss.

Also, co-sign that Venom 2 was a huge piece of poo poo. I really liked the first movie too but V2:LTBC was just stupid in all the wrong ways and, like you, I don't know how you can gently caress that up. Venom 1 was stupid in all the best ways, I found it hugely entertaining, funny and really liked how it was doing something different with the comic book movie formula. I usually like Woody Harrelson too but. god drat, this was just Tommy Lee Jones' Two Face levels of scenery chewing for no apparent reason that added nothing. Best thing I can say about it is that I wouldn't call it boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU