Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

feedmyleg posted:

Dino Diego
Leaning more on the pop cultural side of things, Dino Diego covers obscure dinosaur films, dinosaur hoaxes, and the history of dinosaur media, such as in his series about traveling animatronic dinosaur exhibits called The Decline of Dinamation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYx2aHA-dVI

Bookmarking to watch later.

Man, those things were the delight and terror of my life when they showed up for a couple runs at my local museum back when I was a kid. It must've been early '90s, it feels like it must've been pre-Jurassic Park, but I haven't been able to find the year. Apparently new animatronic dinos have been making the museum rounds this year, making it tougher to find any info from back then, hopefully this video is relevant to the stuff I remember from way back when.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

feedmyleg posted:

Dino Diego
Leaning more on the pop cultural side of things, Dino Diego covers obscure dinosaur films, dinosaur hoaxes, and the history of dinosaur media, such as in his series about traveling animatronic dinosaur exhibits called The Decline of Dinamation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYx2aHA-dVI
Bookmarking to watch later.

Man, those things were the delight and terror of my life when they showed up for a couple runs at my local museum back when I was a kid. It must've been early '90s, it feels like it must've been pre-Jurassic Park, but I haven't been able to find the year. Apparently new animatronic dinos have been making the museum rounds this year, making it tougher to find any info from back then, hopefully this video is relevant to the stuff I remember from way back when.

So I think this was the company I was thinking of after all, in their heyday from the late 80s to early 90s before slowly declining after Jurassic Park came out. So I can put my memories at a solid 30 years ago :corsair:

Anyways, it's a fun watch, I definitely recommend taking a look.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

That is super neat. Except for the illustration reminding me that a lot of dinosaurs had feathers

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

This isn't media or art, but it seems like a relevant place to post it. I don't think I've ever considered the possibility of dinosaurs living in polar regions :aaaaa:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Developing denser bones to counteract the sheer amount of your own blubber so you can float around and be even lazier, that's some pro tier evolving right there.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I can't believe science finally identified what my posting enemies look like :aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Lol, this place rules