Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Prehistoric Beast is a must-watch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlaXIRTjNfo

I had a bunch of dinosaur books when I was little but I didn’t actually read them until relatively recently. The science is super out of date but drat John Sibbick made some amazing drawings

It struck me last year that hey, maybe I should get some up-to-date dinosaur books. I got two well-reviewed ones (Theropods & Sauropods) but while the artwork is very nice, they are very sterile, and I realized what I really wanted was a paleo-art book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

eating only apples posted:

I would like to see some baryonyxes, if any dinosaur-knowers itt have any videos or images that would be awesome

Speaking of James Gurney…

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Organza Quiz posted:

I grew up on Dinotopia and as soon as I got into needle felting I thought to myself one day I gotta make Bix:

I really want to make some of the others too but there are too many options to decide!

omg :3:

I love the first book and while I did get it when I was a kid, I still think it’s a charming book for all ages. I bought the second one not too long ago and… yeah, that’s 100% a kids book, to the point I barely want to bother reading the text. I’m sure the other ones also have great illustrations but what is the writing like?

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
lol I have that somewhere. It’s not good

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Phy posted:

That is the most art nouveau illustration of a naked man being startled by a flying stegosaur I have ever seen

Alphonse Mucha wasted his fucken talent on all those pictures of women

I had to double-check it wasn’t a Winsor McCay drawing