Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

You find yourself at Sector Selector Station. It is a station where Sector Selectors, such as the first 13 of you, are.

The first thirteen goons to post in this thread laying claim to an unclaimed sector will become lord of whatever planet is found within.

To lay claim to a sector you must view the image at the bottom of this post, then post the name of the sector which you would like to claim in bold. If you would like to claim Sector 69, you would include this in your post:
Sector 69

If you would like a character name that is different from your forums name please post that as well

Then what?
The planets and their attributes will be revealed. Further instructions and an alternate signup method for lesser, more plebian posters will be introduced. The annals of the ongoing current history of The Space Sector march forever onward, and we see what awaits us next in the future of the current era before it becomes the past...

Sector Lords may interject in the thread at any time to tell us how the lord of their sector would react to current events. Perhaps you want to launch an attack on a neighboring sector, or engage in intrathread diplomacy, or you want to band together with other sectors to create an army that can kill god. Whatever.

This thread is an experiment with the idea of a MMO CYOA Thread where multiple players choose their own adventures with one game master rolling dice behind the scenes and writing it up. Some players will rule planets, other players will command spaceships, and other players may just be bit parts in another player's schemes.

This era is only going to run for 7 days, with daily updates, just to see what it's like. If it's fun and the game continues beyond then, the current era will be locked into the past and a new era will be launched.

The Sector Selection Screen
now choose your sector, sector lords...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Next Sector

As the hub, central sector - we will be as obstinate and obnoxious as possible.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I'll take Sector Up
That's me in the corner

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Im a pretty modest guy, a lil sector is more than enough for me

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

im not going to claim it but im rooting for Z.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Sign me up for lord of Z

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
I declare myself Lord of Sea Sec (or C-Sec).

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Sector 420 JUNC checking in

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

claiming the non-sectorlar

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

I shall appoint myself the Exact Lord Inspector of Rump Sector Ex-Sector

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

You can’t fool me Scientology recruiter.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The thick clouds that were covering up Space before you began to explore it start to clear up as you explore it. No one understands why this happens.

BluesShaman discovers the planet Garboria. A Garden-class world with a population of 17 million, Garboria grows all kinds of garbage.
The Walrus uncovers a planet called Websyburg which immediately declares them the Chosen One and they now own a small terraforming colony on a strange moon.
Smugworth is the King Baron of Dutopia, a Big Gas class planet with a population of 256,000 that must live somewhere within the gas. Smugworth is very rich because of this.
Sophy Wackles discovers Utopioca, a Nice-class planet housing 26 million souls, a fledgeling civilization which has not yet established itself among the galactic economy.
Ignatius M. Meen discovers the.. Face Place Space Base. An Upper-class planet, or artificial planet probably, that seems to house many fine dining and luxury goods retail establishments. With only 347 full-time residents it is a surprise that FPSB is one of the richest planets in existence.
Froggage uncovers the JUNC sector which actually was DUnC but changed for copyright reasons. It's a junky planet full of sand dunes named Dunce. You are trapped there Froggage, hahaha.
Repeating meme is the new Lord Savrior of Chrisp, a tiny Boil-class planet that grows like a wart on this mysterious sector's sectorial rear end.

What more wonders are yet to be uncovered???

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Dec 19, 2021

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

nothing valued is here

My sector is too small to get a dog unfortunately, theres not really enough room for it to run around in here. Ive got a nice cat thats hiding around somewhere in here though

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

You may eject as many of your 143,000 loyal servants as you would like in order to make room for dogs.
does this look like a planet that can't fit dogs to you??

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Dec 19, 2021

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

I'm going to use my sector's riches to market all the lovely goods and services my sector has to Utopioca and get 26 million new customers.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Utopioca will allow Face Place Space Base to sell goods and services on our planet in return for access to FPSB‘s space and weapons technology as well an agreement to enter into an alliance. :hfive:

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Sophy Wackles posted:

Utopioca will allow Face Place Space Base to sell goods and services on our planet in return for access to FPSB‘s space and weapons technology as well an agreement to enter into an alliance. :hfive:

Reasonable enough, I accept. :)

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

...though I'm not sure how much weapons tech I actually have...

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

I also, eh, don't have much in the way of an actual armed force myself but that's not gonna be a problem when we're working together I'm sure!

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

I really messed up my first sector so I am glad there's a Second Sector for me to ruin administrate effectively.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
Sign me up for blue sector!

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
sea sec seems like a lark

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

I’ll take Sector 8 and oversee all the free/affordable housing or whatever’s there.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I need some Big Gas. Does anyone have any Big Gas - I need it to terraform this moon, or planet, I haven't decided yet.

edit: I have moss to trade. good moss.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I dunno if there's still room but if there is put me in I want to kill Smugworth he is my forums enemy

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
I want to be a bit player in someone else's schemes

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

I would like to do some kind of menial labor, such as toiling in a mine or doing laundry on a space cruiser

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

nothing valued is here

deep dish peat moss posted:

You may eject as many of your 143,000 loyal servants as you would like in order to make room for dogs.
does this look like a planet that can't fit dogs to you??

I couldn't do that to the poor cat, its master of this land and already so comfortable wherever its hiding, maybe under the couch

I would like to open communications with dunce, im looking for land to plant cheap cabins to advertise predatory time shares and would like to rent space in their expansive wastes to do so. In exchange i can loan out a teaming workforce desperate to stretch their legs off this sardine can of a planet for once in their lives

RepeatingMeme fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Dec 19, 2021

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

nothing valued is here

A code saffron distress call goes out to the leaders of all major sectors seeking immediate aid. Anyone with an open dog park and willing to dogsit a hypothetical puppy while im away on business please respond immediately, i would like to negotiate terms

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
Lord Voidus Biggus easily claims the 0 sector

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

there have been a flurry of allegations about sector 8. I don’t want to say more until we know for sure but a lot of people are talking about it and I wanted to give you a heads up

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

TONIGHT! Utopioca will be holding an “open mic night” to get to know our new galactic neighbors. First prize will be a shitload of Sector Z Weed. :2bong:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I claim the Slam Sector :scrunt:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Much of the sector is now explored. Sector E is the only remaining sector.

Whybird discovers Blucifer, the Gassy Kid class planet with a lot to offer after a little renovation.

we get boat we get go discovers Lilville - contrary to how it looks, Lilville is not a particularly small planet, but it suffers from a condition where while you are there, everything else in the universe is twice as big.

Lord Voidus Biggus lays claim to the Lifestar - a fledgling planet with the power to do powerful things, somewhere deep inside of it.

istewart is the steward of planet Opps - a Whoops-class planet that blew itself up and cracked itself open like a molten egg. Despite this, it somehow still lives on, and the molten liquid seeping out of the core makes for a fine industrial catalyst... until it has all leaked out, that is!!

bulgaroctonus discovered the Spoctopus! This ancient beast is a mystery to everyone, but bulgaroctonus is soon to discover all of its secrets. Does bulgaroctonus own the Spoctopus or does the Spoctopus own bulgaroctonus? Who can say for sure...

News
Star-lanes have been discovered among the sector! Surprisingly they look like large red dashed lines running through space, how did we not see them before? Travel is only possible between planets linked by these red lines.
The Spoctopus and the F.P.S.B. are not planets and that means they can move and go anywhere they want, though they are rather slow.

Once Sector E is claimed, the rituals may proceed...

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

EVENTS

Repeating Meme’s advisors whisper in their ear:
”You know, my Lord… Lilville has an incredible power. What if we were to gather all of the other planets in the sector at Lilville? Chrisp would become twice as large as it is now! Uhh… not that it is, uhh… it’s not small now, my Lord, you know, but…”

Sophy Wackles and Ignatius M. Meen have chartered a trade alliance between Utopioca and the Face Place Space Base. These two factions are experiencing unprecedented economic growth! Residents of many other sectors grumble about the new scarcity of luxury goods, with most of the supply being delivered straight to Utopioca. Perhaps Ignatius M. Meen should consider methods of expanding production…

The rumor mill churns! It seems that a flurry of mysterious allegations have been levied against The Spoctopus and bulgaroctonus. What are these allegations exactly? The News is working on getting to the bottom of this - but can we really trust a Spoctopus?

There is an Excess of Dogs in the sector, as they are not allowed on Planet Chrisp. “It just seems like they don’t want us.” Said one dog, who looked very sad.

Spaceweed Affictionados flock to Utopioca for the sector’s first Open Mic Night. Heistpeople around the galaxy catch a whiff of the first prize… a whole lot of Spaceweed from Sector Z, let's hope Utopioca has tight security. Lords of other planets grumble that their subjects seem to like Utopioca more than Home… what can be done about this??

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Is everything that comes to Lilville doubled in size while on the planet, or just in the sector. If I ordered a large pizza from Sector O's renowned chefs would it be an extra large when it arrived?

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
Lord Voidus Biggus declares that all dogs are good boys and welcome on Lifestar. Any planet found to not respect dogs as Good Boys will be considered an enemy.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Folks, this peak magma thing you keep hearing about planet Opps is just a total lie. Crazy plant huggers on the galactic internet trying to undermine good old-fashioned, hard working Ex-Sector industry. I can assure you we’re going to be open for business for centuries to come.

In fact, that’s why, today, I’m proud to announce the immediate availability for export of Volcano Kibble, the galaxy’s first ever exothermic dog food. It’s not just high in minerals, they’re also rendered easily digestible in its near-liquid state. You can even use it as an emergency heat source during a starship power failure! 10 percent of all profits will fund the Oppsian humane society’s dog rescue and training program, right here at Fields of Dessication National Park. Security, search and rescue, or loving companionship, we can handle it all (SHORT HAIRED BREEDS ONLY PLEASE)

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
The dogs can feast on Garboria's abundant natural garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
How much for a jpg of a ship? Don't try to cheat me, I'm a shrewd buyer.