Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Waking Up: A Guide to Spirituality Without Religion. It was ok. A lot of sciencey brain stuff. The last chapter was about fake gurus and awesome drugs which was nice.

I'm currently reading Buddha's Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love, and Wisdom. Another book based on brain science. I read it a long time ago but don't remember any of it. In fact I don't remember most books I read.

I like non-fiction books. A lot of what you might call "self-help" but not like Tony Robbins "Just think positive!" stuff. I like the physical/chemical science behind things. For fiction I have next to my bed "If It Bleeds" by Stephen King. His latest short story book. I LOVE King short story books. Just long enough to keep my attention span and make me feel like I accomplished something by finishing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ChubbyChecker posted:

last brain book i read was brain rules by john medina

it was about exercise, survival, wiring, attention, short-term memory, long-term memory, sleep, stress, multisensory perception, vision, gender and exploration

quite interesting stuff

Added to my Amazon list!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

mkvltra posted:

Check out 'Why Buddhism is True' by Robert Wright.

I'm listening to the audiobook right now. ;)