Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 14 days!)

re-read confedracy of dunces for the first time since i was a teen. i thought it was funny then, still do, although maybe not as brilliant as i used to think because it does drag on a bit but it's still funny.

it is crazy how similar ignatius is to online nerds of the 21st century though. it's basically what if a guy with terminal posting disease lived in an era where he could not post. so he ends up making a spectacle of himself on the streets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 14 days!)

ChubbyChecker posted:

last brain book i read was brain rules by john medina

it was about exercise, survival, wiring, attention, short-term memory, long-term memory, sleep, stress, multisensory perception, vision, gender and exploration

quite interesting stuff

i'll give this a look. i've read a few books which sound like this on the surface but have ended up being self-help books which really offer nothing but platitudes and anecdotes, but since you say it's interesting stuff and i am interested in this kind of thing i'll give it a go.

so many times this year i've left books half-finished because something completely different distracted me, only to then get distracted from that and move on again. i'm not really sure if it is a problem that this is becoming a habit. the books aren't even boring most of the time i just think ehhh had enough of this subject/story, what else. i suppose i can always return to them when i feel like it. the memory of what came before tends to re-emerge quickly so books aren't too bad to pick back up even months later.