Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
bump this thread every time you're grateful for your kidneys

its almost 2022 and we have to make an effort to be grateful.

One thing I'm grateful for is my kidneys. They remove excess fluids and future JO crystals from my body. They have never once had a hiccup 33 years of continuous accident free operation.

Real poo poo I am honeslty very grateful that I've never had a kidney stone, never had to be on dialysis, don't need a transplant, not bloated from fluids. I drink liquids and 100% of them become piss I don't even have to do anything. Even if you have kidney stones be grateful for you K's imo

bump this thread every time you're grateful for your kidneys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
ah they took my friggin' kidney! -charlie the unicorn

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
kidneez nuts, op

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
I knew this girl that had 3 kidneys. 2 of her kidneys were shriveled and failing (like the Grinch's heart I figure) so they got her a 3rd one. I didn't even know this was possible. Where did they hook up the 3rd one too?

She was Canadian and their healthcare is known to blow money like a sailor at a strip club on things like extra kidneys

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit

hosed-Up Little Dog posted:

kidneez nuts, op

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

My kidneys happily filter the excessive alkaloids from my rampant kratom use, and for that, I am

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
did the goon who got a bunch of money raised for them in 2003/2004 get their kidney and survive?
They were known for taking in orphan goons on xmas/thanksgiving and were considered good folk

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
my sister has three kidneys but only one works, and it didn't come with her. pretty crazy stuff. big ups to that guy who died in a motorcycle crash 30 years ago you had a really solid kidney.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

a tip of the fedora to m'kidney

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Go kidneys go!

:3:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Kidney beans are good in chili
Don't tell my family

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

What can I do to make my kidneys happy? Are like they into filtering my blood? Or should I do something nice, take 'em out on the town?

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
When they do kidnay transplants they don't remove the old poo poo ones they just pile more in there.

I read a story recently about the first successful xenotransplant. They murdered a genitically engineered pig, pulled out it's bio-mutant-kidney, and attached it to some vegetable. They let it do it's thing for a few days before pulling the plug on that sucker. Success! I hope I can get giant pig balls transplanted onto me so I can take a poo poo on them

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Kidneys are great and all, but did our bodies really need to make 2? Seems kinda flashy to me, tone it back a little evolutions

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Stage 2 kidney disease right here with 1 kidney. Been at stage 2 for the last 11 years or so at least. Real grateful I'm not dialysis or needed a fistula. (haha fistula) Still urinating fine without blood, never had a kidney stone, but I've had gout a handful of times. Really focusing on a healthy diet, and foods that don't hurt my kidney. I have alcohol probably 3-4 times a year, and I really shouldn't have none of that.

I'm doing okay, but I get tired real easily, so much so that it is categorized as narcolepsy. It happens especially after eating, so I cut out processed carbs for the most part because that gets me. I have pancakes in the morning made with flour and 1/3 banana and water, and that's it. Got my carbs in for the day. I'm told I'm only allowed to have "a deck of cards" amount of protein/day at most. Protein really does a number on your kidneys. Irreversible damage.

I'm also skinny and tiny af. The whole kidney removal thing around age 3 stunted my growth for a prolonged amount of time.

Anyway, I'd really like to have an artificial kidney someday soon if they make them. I kind of want to know what it feels to feel awake, for like, a prolonged period of time.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

haha those make pee

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Had bloodwork done on Dec 1st and got this in my results

Quickest they can see me is Feburary , gotta love Americian healthcare.
I've passed 2 stones over my lifetime and currently have one too large to move but luckily it's barely noticable. Haven't pissed blood in months, but it's been a thing.
Now I make sure I have a bottle of water at all times, gotta stay hydrated.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
I had a kidney stone once. It was as big as it could be without them actually needing to break it up or go in after it. It took over a week to pass, and the only thing that really helped was walking. Every time I stopped the pain came back and it was pretty bad. So I walked for like a week straight.

Let me tell you, pissing out dark bloody chunks after it passed was weird (and gross).

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Good Sphere posted:

Stage 2 kidney disease right here with 1 kidney. Been at stage 2 for the last 11 years or so at least. Real grateful I'm not dialysis or needed a fistula. (haha fistula) Still urinating fine without blood, never had a kidney stone, but I've had gout a handful of times. Really focusing on a healthy diet, and foods that don't hurt my kidney. I have alcohol probably 3-4 times a year, and I really shouldn't have none of that.

I'm doing okay, but I get tired real easily, so much so that it is categorized as narcolepsy. It happens especially after eating, so I cut out processed carbs for the most part because that gets me. I have pancakes in the morning made with flour and 1/3 banana and water, and that's it. Got my carbs in for the day. I'm told I'm only allowed to have "a deck of cards" amount of protein/day at most. Protein really does a number on your kidneys. Irreversible damage.

I'm also skinny and tiny af. The whole kidney removal thing around age 3 stunted my growth for a prolonged amount of time.

Anyway, I'd really like to have an artificial kidney someday soon if they make them. I kind of want to know what it feels to feel awake, for like, a prolonged period of time.
You are one tough cookie
:sympathy:

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
Imma piss all over your kidneys OP

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

one time when I was a teenager I did a lot of messed up synthetic drugs and the next day I was super thirsty but couldn’t pee at all and also could not stand up without falling over! I thought I was going to die but I got better by that night. Now I appreciate my kidneys more

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

runnypoops posted:

For free?!? drat this is way better than craigslist

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Kidneys dead, now what is a thread where goon GPF needs a kidney and goon Domus donates a kidney (not to GPF though)

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
you've gotta be kiddneying me

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

Hope that guy didn’t kick-ney the bucket

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Just gargling piss all day in my guts, thank

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit

runnypoops posted:

Not sure if im :smith: or :unsmith: at the thought of this

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Yeah sure why not, thanks kidneys

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

i feed my kidneys lots of middle shelf whiskey and gin so honestly they should be thanking me

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

OP i am grateful for my kidney.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Spinz posted:

You are one tough cookie
:sympathy:

Thank you.

aceface
Dec 27, 2017

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
gently caress kidneys, never did nothin' for me.

Free loadin' rear end organs.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Put them in a pie.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

take em out and boil em

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Gilt them up and bequeath them to your descendents.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

In a survival situation, you can make an incision in your abdomen and remove one of your kidneys to consume for protein.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
look buddy if I'm going to be extracting protein from my own body you better believe I'm slurpin my own cum

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

thx kidneys

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I knew a girl in high-school that had 2 normal kidneys and a weird deformed half kidney that only knew how to produce stones. She was out of school a lot until they finally chopped that sucker out.

I'm grateful for my perfectly normal kidneys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Kindeez nutz lol