Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Another honorable mention to 'Joe Pera Talks With You'. Wonderful show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Sorry guys, I'm gonna have to push this another week, I've barely had time to do anything. New deadline is :siren:Friday 18th Feb 11:59PM :siren:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Homie what is going on

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Life unfortunately

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Looten Plunder posted:

Sorry guys, I'm gonna have to push this another week, I've barely had time to do anything. New deadline is :siren:Friday 18th Feb 11:59PM :siren:
Great! I can push my procrastination back another week!

You shoulda done this for the Decade thread.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Hope everything is okay, Looten, and thank you again for doing this. I legitimately look forward to it every year now and get way too excited whenever my quotes show up in the final results. You rock.

E: Had to edit my list because of AppleTV's The Line. AppleTV really cleaning up on my list.

Bulky Bartokomous fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Feb 17, 2022

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
gently caress, I thought for sure I'd done this.

Sneaking in at the last minute:

10. The Bite.

By the Kings (The Good Wife / Fight, Evil, BrainDead) operating solidly in their comedy horror mode, AKA BrainDead mode, satirising government response to Covid by depicting government flailing in response to both Covid AND a virulent zombie outbreak.

I wonder if there are parts of this that will read as too tame in retrospect, or just a dumb projection made by people who were at the other end of this thing not knowing exactly how stupid and horrible everything would end up becoming. It was also filmed during the pandemic, under lockdown conditions, meaning that the show looks a bit weird and has to make concessions for casting etc -- all the typical covid compromises. That said, it's probably the best and most creative sustained attempt to do anything under these conditions, and it levies everything with a lot of effective comedy and drama. It also brought me a lot of comfort when I was in the middle of three month isolation from people, which is perhaps why it's placing so high on this list.

9. Legends of Tomorrow Season 6 / Season 7A

So the narrative goes: Legends was a bad CW show, that realised it was particularly loving terrible. However, unlike The Flash/The Arrow/Supergirl (delete according to personal belief) it decided to capitalise on that, leaning into its dopey, frivolous tendencies. This was also about the same time that it decided to be a well written show, and the results have been paying off for quite some time -- basically it went from being some terrible (and blatant) attempt to capitalise on the success of RTD / Moffat's Doctor Who revival to a live action American cartoon version of Blake's 7. It also, to extend to Blake's 7 comparison, started to take aim to various stripes of fascism, while embracing a soft pseudo-anarchist take on heroism -- the episodes I'm here to praise saw the leads take on Franco's fascists, American law enforcement, and took several potshots at Disney's corporate entertainment culture, an insane level of criticism from a show that's airing free-to-air on American television.

Season 6 decided that it was finally time to tap back into its serious side, and it worked reasonably well, particularly in the first half the season, delivering moving pulp action drama in the stripe of Buffy, Angel and Agents of SHIELD. (This season, in particular, seemed to be taking cues from Buffy season 6). Season 7, meanwhile, has done my absolute favourite thing a time travel story has done in quite some time -- it's making the argument that the cliche of not changing history is actually an inherently conservative standpoint, and the series has basically completely given up on the idea of maintaining much congruence with real-world history. Cool stuff, if very silly and dumb.

And maybe that all sounds super dumb to you guys, but I know I always have a blast watching it every week with my friends.

8. Kevin Can gently caress Himself Season 1

It's magical realism + genre blending + structural experimentation + dark comedy + heightened social realist themes + actors I really like. It's my catnip.

7. Genera+ion

It's a cute drama about (mostly) queer teens, all of who have too much money and too many loving opinions. I liked its sprawling structure, the characters generally felt fresh and well realised, and the finale had a shout-out to Veronica Mars which my TV nerd heart ate up.

6. The Underground Railroad

Probably the single most accomplished piece of art on this list, but I found this utterly, utterly enervating to watch. It's on my list because I can't deny how loving good this thing is, or how beautiful it is -- it's dementedly gorgeous, if you haven't seen the show you should look it up -- but it's so miserable and raw that I can't actually put it higher on my list. For me, television is a communal activity, about shared experiences with the people in my life or on the Internet, and this isn't something I could really share with anyone -- partly because no one I knew was watching it, partly because it's hard to recommend to people, and partly because Amazon decided to dump the entire thing in one weekend, effectively burying all discussion. And that's a shame, because I think it's one of those shows, like Twin Peaks 3, that basically required that kind of conversation for me and my stupid arse to make much headway with it. So here it sits at number 6.

5. The Good Fight Season 5

It's been fascinating to watch the Kings' career over the last few years, and their shifting political opinions, their willingness to embrace horror and wacky comedy and just get loose with things. This season has both of those things, plus some pretty aggressive formal experimentation, a running gag about space law (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MAKE THIS A PROPER PLOTLINE), and -- for IMO the first time -- a serialised plot arc that the Kings didn't get bored with and abandon halfway through. Marissa's speech about crowds, from the finale, lives rent free in my head.

4. Mr. Corman

Joseph Gordon Levitt's a bit of a weirdo, I suspect, but I liked his take on Middle Class People With Problems a lot. Mostly a character study about a struggling single teacher, but one that was unafraid to get weird with things, e.g. including a random musical number in one episode because it felt right to the story rather than because this is the kind of show that does musical numbers. Sadly cancelled.

Also this did the parallel universe episode of Legion, but ten times better and in half the time.

3. Sonny Boy

Yes. It's an anime, but it's the only anime I've straight up loved in years. It's weird, surreal, does clever things with budget while still having great design. It's strange and elliptical, and constantly surprised me with where the plot went and how it got there, but also surprisingly moving. It's one of the few shows I'd argue is directly influenced by Twin Peaks Season 3, but the thing that it most reminded me of was the kind of stuff Vertigo was putting out in the late 90's and early 00's.

2. Creamerie

I wrote a huge effort post about this in the main chat thread which probably said all this better but I'm too lazy to find it. But essentially: it's a very well observed character comedy that also happens to be a subversive satire about TERF-y white feminism that's set in a post-post-apocalyptic sci-fi setting. Everyone gives believable, specific performances, particularly Perlina Lau as the prickly, gawky and deeply earnest Pip. It's also plotted surprisingly well, slowly unraveling the exact implications of its sci-fi world-building while still keeping a surprisingly fast pace.

1. The Great Season 2

Chamber comedy that takes aim at well-meaning liberals and the fascists they insist on getting into bed with. Elle Fanning remains luminous in the lead, Nicholas Hoult is very, VERY funny as her sexy dumb nemesis, but I still think Belinda Bromilow steals the show as Elizabeth (comparing her performance here against her work as Jonquil in the Aussie drama Spirited is like night and day). But honestly the entire ensemble is good, delivering fun and witty putdowns while the show contemplates the uselessness of incremental change in the face of ingrained corruption and stupidity.

I probably should write some more, but I'm tired and said enough cringe already. Sorry for the late reply Looten, you rock and I second the hope that you're well.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Honorable mentions that didn't quite make it, there is a lot of good TV:
Reservation Dogs
Wheel of Time
Falcon and Winter Soldier
What If?
Schmigadoon
Superman & Lois
Only Murders in the Building
Lupin
Station Eleven
Lower Decks

10. Brooklyn 99

This really ended on a high note.

9. Cowboy Bebop

gently caress the haters, this adaptation was great. I'm sad there won't be more.

8. Arcane

This was an out of nowhere surprise. Who'd of thought a show based on an awful game would be so good?

7. For All Mankind

Really quality show that is finally getting to the stuff I want to see the most.

6. Lucifer

What started out as a pretty bog-standard procedural really came into its own with these final episodes. They finally did everything I wanted from this show.

5. Ted Lasso

This show hasn't let me down yet. I don't want to like a show about sports, but here we are.

4. Wandavision

The ending for this didn't quite stick the landing or this would be higher. Such a unique show.

3. Hawkeye

A show that transcended my indifference for the comic book character. Hailee Steinfeld is a joy.

2. Loki

I can't wait for more. The cast really makes this show and it hits some of my favorite fictional elements.

1. The Expanse

This closed out well. Such a good show. Definitely the best thing I watched this past year and solid contender for best sci fi tv show ever for me. I don't often rewatch things, but this will be forever in the rotation.

King Burgundy fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Feb 18, 2022

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I normally like to do my 50-1 but I just don't have time this year. There was loots of "good" TV this year but I wouldn't say there was a lot of "great" TV. Anyways, here is my Top 10.

10. Snowfall
This show has got consistently better over time. It's a very different show than what it was when it started out, but I really like what they're doing. Can't wait to see what they dish up this year. For those that like their drug dramas a'la Narcos, The Wire etc. give this one a go (no, i'm not saying this is as good as The Wire)

9. Squid Game
I don't think this was as groundbreaking or amazing than the general public. With that said, it was a really fun watch and anything that gets more people to watch foreign content is a win in my book.

8. Heels
This was my "far exceeded my low expectations" show of the year. Yeah, it can be slightly cheesy at times, but you know what? So is wrestling. The creators clearly have some respect for and knowledge of the industy and it shows. Cast is also a blast too.

7. Mare of Easttown
A bit too prestigy for it's own good? Maybe. It's no Sharp Objects but it was well made, Kate Winslet is awesome and this sort of thing is right up my alley.

6. Bluey
This show continues to hit it out of the park. I'm really happy to see how popular it's getting in the US/UK as well. Now in it's third season, the creators show no sign of running out of ideas. Continues to make me laugh, cry, entertain the kids and inspire me to be a better father. All in 7 minute chunks.

5. Yellowjackets
I'm not skeptical they'll be able to repeat in season two, but for now, I had a lot of fun with this show. Both the adult, and teenage casts are amazing. It was also fun to speculate in the thread each week, and see all the batshit theories the rest of the internet would come up up.

4. Reservation Dogs
I think I liked the concept of this show a bit more than the show itself. That's not to say I didn't still love it (hell, i gave it number 4). Really interesting perspective, setting and story to tell. The kids are all doing an amazing job and I like learning more about American Indians and their way of life/challenges they face.

3. Mr. Inbetween
What a fantastic way to wrap up the series. Every episode was an absolute barn burner. Sad to see it go, but if that's what Scott Ryan wanted to do, so be it. Can't wait to see what he chooses to do next.

2. Mythic Quest
My favourite pure comedy of the year. I love watching this cast work together, it has the same magic as Community and Happy Endings where it looks like the cast is having an absolute blast. Loved the expanded focus on the supporting characters and particularly enjoyed the Brad arc.

1. Succession
There was no doubt this year. Sitting down to watch each week made me giddy inside as these lunatics continue to scrap with each other and be awful. Not as strong as season 2, but still an absolute joy to watch.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I've updated everyones lists into the spreadsheet and linked them on the second post of the thread. If you've voted and your don't appear on that list, please comment so I can fix it up prior to tallying.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Looten Plunder posted:

I've updated everyones lists into the spreadsheet and linked them on the second post of the thread. If you've voted and your don't appear on that list, please comment so I can fix it up prior to tallying.

My username's missing from the post.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Looten Plunder posted:

I'm also missing.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I'm late to this thread but saw the extended deadline. My list feels a little different than some because there are some big shows I haven't quite finished (Yellowjackets) or even tried (all the Marvel shows). Maybe it's getting burned by cancellations, but I have a soft spot for any limited series. A show that knows it's whole story from the start.

Two shows not on my list that are on many are Wheel of Time, which I just found to be bad. And Squid Game which I couldn't quite get into as much as others. It's weird because I thoroughly enjoy most everything coming from Korea on Netflix (Kingdom, My Name, the myriad of movies).

HM) Kingdom - Ashin of the North - Not sure where to classify this as it was a special episode from a TV show which didn't have a full season in 2021. It's a 90 minute prequel episode to the show and very enoyable. Kingdom is a great show by the way if you haven't seen it yet.

HM) Ted Lasso - I liked it for what it was although felt it was a tad overhyped. At times it was brilliant and utilized the whole cast, but there are also times where I thought "this is just a drawn out SNL skit".

HM) It's Always Sunny - Good, not great season. Didn't enjoy the first half of the season but it got real good at the end. Maybe I've underrating it because there is just so many years of quality, but there was nothing this season that blew me away.

10) Mare of Easttown - Big fan of the limited series setup and this scratched the right itch. It's a great, realistic police drama. A little dark and gritty at times, but it works. And Kate Winslet is incredible. I hope HBO keeps cranking out shows like this each year (loved Sharp Objects too from a few years ago).

9) American Dad - This show is still hilarious. I thought the past season was terrific and has such a high floor that I never feel like I wasted my time on an epiosode. Still have no idea how they keep this show going at such a high level.

8) I Think You Should Leave - Tim Robinson's comedy is right up my alley and I thoroughly enjoyed this season. Wasn't as good as Season 1, but enough moments that I laughed out loud to make it one of my favorites of the year.

7) Succession - Another show I enjoyed but thought was overhyped. It's fun and doesn't take itself too seriously.. Well-written, great acting, and genuinely funny at times. Maybe I'm underating it because the fanbase on Twitter annoys me.

6) Witcher - There are a lot of flaws in this show. Boring and needless plotlines, bad acting, rushing through important parts. But if you can look past that, it can be an incredibly fun show. Cavill is perfect as Geralt and I loved everything with him and Ciri during the season. The MotW episode with the cursed man was flawless. Less political drama and more killing monsters please.

5) The Underground Railroad - Surprise, Amazon has another brilliant show that they mostly ignored to promote their terrible big budget adaptation instead. The writing gets odd at times and I think it should have been a few episodes shorter. But it's an emotional rollercoaster and so well acted. It's a shame they treated this as a "binge" show instead of dropping episodes weekly.

4) Station Eleven - Having never read the book, this one completely suprised me for what it is. Can't think of a post-apocalyptic show done in this fasion. Love how the show is structured and the acting is as good as it gets on TV today.

3) Midnight Mass - Surprised this didn't get more love. I'm a huge fan of the limited series and this was nearly flawless. Love the premise, love the acting, and love how they weave religion and horror into it.

2) The North Water - One of the best dramas I've ever watched (and it appears I'm the only one who watched this show). Superbly acted, slow burn, and a unique setting. Everything I love in a show. And for those who don't know about the show, it's about a whaling expedition in the arctic in the 1850s.

1) For All Mankind - This show is not the best show made, but it was my favorite. I love alternate history and I love space stuff. And I was blown away by how well it was all done. Season 2 made a nice improvement on Season 1 and I'm looking forward to seeing where things go next.

Thanks to everyone on their recommendations here and in the decades thread. Found some real gems and have a nice, long backlog in my queue of shows to watch.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Open Source Idiom posted:

My username's missing from the post.

King Burgundy posted:

I'm also missing.

Yeah sorry, i left the last three submissions off the list - fixed now.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
10. The Outpost
I’m gonna miss this dumb, dumb show. Budget-wise Game of Thrones really upped the ante for the Sword & Sorcery genre, and I think that’s to it’s detriment. With all that money, they can’t afford to be goofy as gently caress.

9. Stargirl
Dumb hero decisions are a lot easier to swallow when they’re made by idiot teenagers.

8. Superman & Lois
The family dynamic really carries this show. Tiny Superman is Best Superman.

7. Midnight Mass
This was surprisingly affecting, especially the end of episode 5.

6. Ted Lasso
A solid follow-up to the first season.

5. How To with John Wilson
The amount of pathos this packs in is incredible. Each episode is an emotional journey.

4. Station Eleven
Best of the plague shows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcT4Pi0Zixo

3. Letterkenny
Whenever a new season comes out, I always think it’s not as good as the previous seasons and then I end up re-watching it a dozen times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7puRh_ZPwW8

2. I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson
Best sketch comedy since Mr. Show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZBwPmla8QQ

1. Resident Alien
This show has become comfort viewing for me. It does a really good job of balancing a large cast with several different plot lines without any of them either getting bogged down or given the short shrift. A great balance of humor and emotion, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fB1IVPlZsI

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I'm genuinely surprised at how many last minute entries there have been. I thought the extra week/month was going to be pointless.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

punk rebel ecks posted:

I'm genuinely surprised at how many last minute entries there have been. I thought the extra week/month was going to be pointless.

These entries always show up at the last minute, regardless of when that is.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

cant cook creole bream posted:

These entries always show up at the last minute, regardless of when that is.

As soon as the deadline closes, there will be at least one (completely genuine!) post from somebody saying,"Oh man I missed this thread, wish I could have made a list!"

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
It's finally arrived. Apologies for the delay. Please welcome the preliminary list of the best shows of 2021 (seems so long ago now!)

119= (1 Point)
Big Brother (CBS)
Dorktown (Web)
Flip or Flop (HGTV)
In Treatment (HBO)
Invitation to Party (G4TV)
Nine Perfect Strangers (Hulu)
Ranking of Kings (Fuji TV)
Riverdale (CW)
Snowfall (FX)
The Bite (Spectrum Originals)
The Outpost (CW)
The Wonder Years (ABC)
Tiger King (Netflix)

109= (2 Points)
American Dad (FOX)
Blade Runner: Black Lotus (Adult Swim)
Exterminate all the Brutes (HBO)
Outpost (CW)
PBS Monstrum (PBS)
Servant (Apple TV+)
Stargirl (DC Universe)
Superstore (NBC)
Ten Year Old Tom (HBO Max)
The Cube (TBS)

99= (3 Points)
Bosch (Amazon)
Dexter (Showtime)
Evil (CBS)
Heels (Starz)
Insecure (HBO)
Jellystone (HBO Max)
Jujutsu Kaisen (JNN)
PBS Eons (PBS)
Schmigadoon! (Apple TV+)
Wynonna Earp (Syfy)

92= (4 Points)
Awkwafina is Nora from Queens (Comedy Central)
Generation (HBO Max)
House Hunters (HGTV)
Joe Pera Talks With You (Adult Swim)
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO)
RuPaul's Drag Race (Logo TV)
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (Disney+)

89= (5 Points)
Bluey (ABC (Australia))
Castlevania (Netflix)
The Challenge (MTV)

83= (6 Points)
Black Monday (Showtime)
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (Tokyo MX)
Landscapers (HBO)
Love Life (HBO Max)
Shadow & Bone (Netflix)
Survivor (CBS)

73= (7 Points)
Adventure Time (Cartoon Network)
AEW Rampage (TNT)
Attack on Titan (Adult Swim)
Curb Your Enthusiasm (HBO)
Illegal Freedom (Web)
Lucifer (FOX)
Mr. Corman (Apple TV+)
The Owl House (Disney+)
Tuca and Bertie (Netflix)
Waffles + Mochi (Netflix)

60= (8 Points)
Big Brother Canada (Global)
Can't Get You Out of My Head (BBC)
Cowboy Bebop (Netflix)
Cruel Summer (Freeform)
Fear The Walking Dead (AMC)
Inside the NBA (TNT)
Kevin Can gently caress Himself (AMC)
Legends of Tomorrow (CW)
Letterkenny (Crave)
Mr. Inbetween (FX)
Sonny Boy (Tokyo MX)
Star Wars Visions (Disney+)
Superman & Lois (CW)

=54 (9 Points)
Creamerie (TVNZ)
NJPW G1 Climax (Web)
On Cinema (Web)
Swan Boy (FX)
The North Water (BBC Two)
Why Women Kill (CBS All Access)

=44 (10 Points)
Dickinson (Apple TV+)
Dopesick (Hulu)
Inside (Netflix)
It's a Sin (Channel 4)
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (FX)
Saturday Morning All Star Hits (Netflix)
Star Trek: Lower Decks (CBS All Access)
Taskmaster (UK) (Dave)
The Other Two (HBO Max)
The Walking Dead (AMC)

=39 (11 Points)
Lupin (Netflix)
Search Party (TBS)
The Good Fight (Paramount+)
The Nevers (HBO)
What If? (Disney+)

=36 (12 Points)
Brooklyn Nine-Nine (FOX)
The Great (Hulu)
The Underground Railroad (Amazon)

35. Doom Patrol (DC Universe)
(13 Points)

=32 (14 Points)
Resident Alien (Syfy)
The Great British Bake-Off (BBC One)
You (Netflix)

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Countdown will be begin at 9PM Eastern

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Let's go Arcane and Hawkeye :toot:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh poo poo, hell yeah!

Edit: drat, I was really the ONLY person who listed It's a Sin? It was so loving good!

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
OK, let's do it guys. Apologies for the delays with this, had some life stuff going on, but we finally got there. Hopefully I can get this out quickly as I need to pick the kids up from school soon. Without further ado, let the results begin!!!!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gimme those results :cheers:

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Those keen observers may have noticed the list stopped at 32. Which means a tie!

The surprise being, it's a four way tie!!!!

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

The show is so warm, funny, and charming, with such a strong sense of place and a world that feels “lived in,” populated by real characters who have spent their lives in this community, together.

Escobarbarian posted:

so profound and funny and experimental in all the best ways.
28. Blindspotting (Starz)

15 VOTES - NEW ENTRY

Oasx posted:

Just an excellent buddy cop show, a traditional superhero story told extremely well.
28. Falcon and the Winter Soldier (Disney+)

15 VOTES - NEW ENTRY

Shneak posted:

I’m so confused as to how and why this show is getting snubbed for awards

ShakeZula posted:

Just the classic Tina Fey model of rapid-fire joke delivery, general silliness, and a good amount of heart.
28. Girls5Eva (Peacock)

15 VOTES - NEW ENTRY

bou posted:

There are always winners and losers. Right and Wrong seems to come down to personal choice.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

You can feel some of the nerve-wracking, edge-of-your-seat tension and drama many people loved and missed in Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones on this sci-fi series
28. Snowpiercer (TNT)

15 VOTES - NEW ENTRY

Looten Plunder fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Feb 22, 2022

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

cant cook creole bream posted:

this show was just so incredibly stylish.

BetterLekNextTime posted:

What a fun ride! The creators really hit the nail on the head. Dark but not morose, weird without being off-putting, and sexy without getting too gratuitous

27. Brand New Cherry Flavor (Netflix)

16 VOTES - NEW ENTRY

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Really cool start!!

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
We have another tie!

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Ishamael posted:

I cannot overstate the achievement of this TV show/film/whatever.

Oasx posted:

I was left with a major admiration for the sheer amount of talent these four people had.

25. The Beatles: Get Back (Disney+)

17 VOTES - NEW ENTRY

Rarity posted:

seeing all these people and places I love represented on screen ruled

Hobbes posted:

expectations were very low. And thus very much exceeded!

25. The Wheel of Time (Amazon)

17 VOTES - NEW ENTRY

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh God I feel bad for doing this, but...

Looten Plunder posted:

92= (4 Points)
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (Disney+)

Looten Plunder posted:

28. Falcon and the Winter Soldier (Disney+)

!

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
And another tie!

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

Oh God I feel bad for doing this, but...

God loving damnit. I spend so much time formatting poo poo and there is still a mistake

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I shall make the ammendments in the official records

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

punk rebel ecks posted:

If all comic books were similar to Invincible then I would be a diehard comic geek.

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Was unsure about this knowing the plot twist, but excellent animation and universe building made it a winner

23. Invincible (Amazon)

18 VOTES - NEW ENTRY

ShakeZula posted:

A lot of people were nominated for and won awards, and they were all deserved.

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Super compelling throughout and the conclusion was very satisfying.

23. Mare of Easttown (HBO)

18 VOTES - NEW ENTRY

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

When Invincible was airing I was sure it would end up in my Top Ten, kinda crazy that there was enough good stuff to justify not listing it in the end.

Looten Plunder posted:

God loving damnit. I spend so much time formatting poo poo and there is still a mistake

I feel you, and I legit feel bad for bringing it up! :smith:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh wow I definitely expected Mare to be higher

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Niwrad posted:

I'm a huge fan of the limited series and this was nearly flawless.

Slamhound posted:

This was surprisingly affecting

22. Midnight Mass (Netflix)

19 VOTES - NEW ENTRY

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer

Escobarbarian posted:

Oh wow I definitely expected Mare to be higher

I watched it after I’d already edited my list two or three times. It’s really good and probably should have been in my 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Oasx posted:

After years slowly losing interest in wrestling, because an insane billionaire controls most of the market, I discovered AEW and suddenly remembered that pro wrestling can be good and fun.

achillesforever6 posted:

Best wrestling show that has gotten me back in the fandom after burning out the last couple of years.

21. AEW Dynamite (TNT)

20 VOTES - UP 34