Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
You all make me want to watch wrestling again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I can't speak for WWE, which made me turn away from wrestling back in 2005, but AEW is a joy, and watching it has been a fun, enjoyable constant in my life throughout this pandemic.

Last summer, Gavok created this incredible AEW Primer thread for new and lapsed viewers, which would really help anyone get up to speed quickly:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3977525

I stopped watching wrestling around then too. But I keep hearing about AEW. Thank you

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
:siren:VOTING RULES:siren:
1. Every show you pick must have had a first time airing in its country of origin in full or in part during 2021. This could be a network show, a cable show, an online show, a TV movie (not movies from streaming services), it could even be a Youtube thing if you're down with what the kids are calling 'it'.

I'm confused. I interpreted this to meet it must have aired for the first time - like debuted in 2021? Am i understanding wrong?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Oh my god I’ve been trying to come up with a list I deemed worthy of shows that started last year and couldn’t.

Thank you

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I’m trying to finish Yellowjacket before I make my list

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Shoutout to Greys Anatomy for being the best dramatic telling of the Pandemic, and Alter-Ego for literally blowing my mind.

10. Big Brother: The trash TV I've always loved to hate. This year, they had a new casting director and one of the best alliances in recent memory. I actually...enjoyed this season.

9. Superstore. The cast was great, the chemistry was great. It is the best comedy since Community. Why did it get taken from us?

8. Dexter: My god, this was the season 5 I always wanted.

7. Hawkeye. One of my favorite avengers, great cast and I love the set up for the future.

6. Yellowjackets: This is what I thought "The 100" was going to be and while I'm glad we got Genghis Clarke, I do love me some lord of the flies. The adults story is phenomenal as well.

5. Dopesick: I was surprised by how much i didnt know about the origins of this epidemic. Would write more but I've been putting this off forever.

4. Station Eleven: I'll be honest - I am only three episodes into this show and its everything i want out of the apocalypse.

3. Fear The Walking Dead: I wrote this show off after the first season, tried to watch season 2 and gave up again, and then heard that season 4 is when it started being good again - so i marathoned the entire show during 2021 and the last season made the zombie apocalypse so much more interesting.

2. What If? I remember reading these comics when i was younger and making up my own stories. Some fell flat, but this was excellent.

1. The Walking Dead: Everyone stopped watching this show because it had multiple seasons of boring drivel, but the Whisperers, Rick/Michonne leaving, and Maggie leaving for a while pumped new energy into this franchise.. Last season had one of the scariest episodes of television I've ever seen and the Pope guy was a great bad guy.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

If you’re jonesing for more Superstore-style comedy the creator has a new NBC show called American Auto that started in December. I’m really digging it so far.

Superstore appealed to me a lot because of my formative years at Best Buy. I suspect I won’t care much about a car show but I will check it out

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

RestingB1tchFace posted:

I had completely forgotten that Superstore ended this year. At this point....I don't feel like I should go back and redo my list (again)....but it's up there with Community, Parks and Recreation, The Office, 30 Rock, and Brooklyn Nine Nine. All NBC shows. All classic sitcoms. And I don't really feel like it was "taken" from us. Six really good seasons....that I never felt had a dip in quality that some of those other experienced at times. Not to mention that they ended it on a high note. Prefer to see a show do that....rather than overstay its welcome and be mediocre.

Honestly i say taken from me, because I watched the last episode thinking "wow, this season finale seems like a series finale" and then I found out it was cancelled. Broke my heart.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Pillowpants posted:

Shoutout to Greys Anatomy for being the best dramatic telling of the Pandemic, and Alter-Ego for literally blowing my mind.

10. Big Brother: The trash TV I've always loved to hate. This year, they had a new casting director and one of the best alliances in recent memory. I actually...enjoyed this season.

9. Superstore. The cast was great, the chemistry was great. It is the best comedy since Community. Why did it get taken from us?

8. Dexter: My god, this was the season 5 I always wanted.

7. Only Murders in the Building: I marathoned this over the past two days. I am shocked how much I enjoy watching Selena Gomez interact with Steve Martin.

6. Hawkeye. One of my favorite avengers, great cast and I love the set up for the future.

5. Yellowjackets: This is what I thought "The 100" was going to be and while I'm glad we got Genghis Clarke, I do love me some lord of the flies. The adults story is phenomenal as well.

4. Dopesick: I was surprised by how much i didnt know about the origins of this epidemic. Would write more but I've been putting this off forever.

3. Fear The Walking Dead: I wrote this show off after the first season, tried to watch season 2 and gave up again, and then heard that season 4 is when it started being good again - so i marathoned the entire show during 2021 and the last season made the zombie apocalypse so much more interesting.

2. What If? I remember reading these comics when i was younger and making up my own stories. Some fell flat, but this was excellent.

1. The Walking Dead: Everyone stopped watching this show because it had multiple seasons of boring drivel, but the Whisperers, Rick/Michonne leaving, and Maggie leaving for a while pumped new energy into this franchise.. Last season had one of the scariest episodes of television I've ever seen and the Pope guy was a great bad guy.

I took out Station 11 because I honestly started to lose interest and am struggling to finish it, and replaced it with Only Murders in the Building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Out of the 130 listed shows, I've only seen 26.