Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I watched more twitch and youtube than tv this year, especially when I got laid up by covid for a few weeks. I did watch a lot of really great shows that would replace some of these on the list but they were older ones and not eligible.

11 Cowboy Bebop - just barely better than the only other tv shows I've watched this year. It was a fun watch, could have been much better, but they did better than I expected. Main thing that weirded me out was where is all the traffic. These broke bounty hunters seemed to zoom around the solar system at will so space should be crammed with people zipping around. Maybe I missed something though. I'm disappointed it got cancelled but not surprised.

10 Wheel of Time - I want to rate this higher but between trying to adapt the first book while looking ahead, COVID issues, and the loss of a main actor for reasons, they really kind of screwed this up. It did have some great moments and a lot of promise though, and I'll watch the whole thing even if it goes bad, and I hope it runs all 8 seasons or whatever they need. Amazon should have given this 10 episodes and an extra half hour on the pilot.

9 Wandavision - Been a while but this one was fun and my favorite of this year's disney tv onslaught.

8 Evil - X-Files with an edge, I'm never quite sure where this show is going, including a bit towards the cartoony side sometimes. I'm reminded I have a few episodes to go to catch up.

7 Midnight Mass - this was the office water cooler show for the year (besides Yellowstone and whatever Chicago cop/lawyer show is running right now, I tune those conversations out out) so I loaded it up. Almost everyone got weirded out by the ending but a couple of us immediately went on to Hill House and Bly Manor. I dig the style and soundtrack to these shows and I don't care if he continues to use the same melody for his big moments across his next few shows.

6 What We Do In The Shadows - probably the actual best show on the list but I have to be in the right mood to watch. Just such a fun show and cast.

5 Star Wars Visions - more franchises need to let other people play around in them, especially when the main line goes bad.

4 Arcane - insanely well animated, this got me to care about a franchise that didn't interest me at all, and I'm upset that the brands I like more aren't doing shows like this. I'll forgive them Imagine Dragons since I liked the Ramsey song at the end of episode 3.

3 The Witcher - This has some glaring issues like Yennefer stealing all the storylines from other characters from the books but it is still the best looking high fantasy show on right now and I can't help but root for Henry Cavill as he makes the promotional rounds talking about painting his warhammer 40k figurines. I still like the cast if not some of the storylines and am looking forward to season 3. Much like Wheel of Time I like all the cast. Witcher has enough episodes unlike WoT, but both shows rewrite too much that they should have kept intact from the books. I'll see how they play out.

2 The Nevers - Even with everything that came out about Whedon and Buffy I still like his style of show and hopefully Espenson keeps things going for the second half of season 1 this year. The heroine was a bit too much with her zeal in diving into a melee but after the last episode I'm fully on board Always a fan of Claudia Black.

1 Station Eleven - This is the new season of Lost I've been waiting for. It's not quite up to the highs of Lost (and is probably closer to the Leftovers) but it definitely has the same feel to me and I'm captivated. I'm enjoying the character moments and watching some puzzle pieces get filled in by flashbacks. It could use a smoke monster or two but otherwise it has been consistently great. Episode 3 was where it got me. I just finished #7, the last of the 2021 episodes. Hopefully the rest of the season sticks the landing, and I'm looking forward to reading the book as well since I've already noticed it's a bit different thanks to the preview chapters.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jan 28, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Looten Plunder posted:

6. If you want to go back and edit your list after the fact then go for it, just shoot me a PM or post in the thread to let me know you have or I might not count it. Please ensure you edit your original post, don’t create a new list. I will periodically link user posts in the second comment of this thread.

The poll lasted long enough that I accidentally watched a good show so I've edited my list accordingly.