Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

10. Only Murders in the Building
To be honest, I went into watching this show not really knowing what I was going to get. The cast is solid, with Selena Gomez, Steve Martin, and Martin Short all in the game as main characters, trying to create and finish their true crime podcast over a death that happened in their very building. Every episode is a new twist, with secrets revealed, both about the tenants and themselves. It’s great fun to watch!

9. Shadow & Bone
My GOD everyone’s attractive on this show. Seriously, the show is beautiful. Fantasy at its schlockiest, it brings to life the Grishaverse and cuts the boring drivel away, making me love the series much more than the books it’s based off of. Wait out the weird and gross General Kirigan/Alina relationship and stay for the Crows. Trust me, Alina gets better.

8. Schmigadoon!
What if you and your significant other were hiking through the woods one day and stumbled upon an idyllic town that was all the set of a musical? Seems pleasant enough, but now, what if you’re stuck there and you can’t get out until you cross the bridge back with your true love? That’s the set-up of this show, with an ace musical cast up its sleeve to back-up the songs you’ll eventually be humming even after the show finishes.

7. Rupaul’s Drag Race
Corona Can't Keep a Good Queen Down! drat straight! Besides the awfulness that was Kandy Muse, we actually had a great winner in Symone. She owns 51 percent of this fact-ry! Things are crazy from the jump, with queens battling it out and getting dumped on the Porkchop Loading Dock, where they vote a queen out, then go in to find the queen still there, still pissed, and ready to fight for the crown. It really makes you feel bad for the Queens, but only for a moment, until they set off on their next mini- and maxi-challenge!

6. Girls5eva
I was looking for something to poke me in the funny bone after B99 and fell upon this show. Thank God I did, because it is hilarious! Four women, in New York City, hoping to make it big as the once effervescent pop group Girls5eva just hits all the right notes. As their theme song says, “So what are you waiting five? Girls5Eva!”

5. Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Welp. That’s it, that’s the last we get of Brooklyn Nine-Nine. And it ended fittingly, so I would not dissuade anyone from watching the show, should they choose to rewatch at some point. Everything gets switched up, with Hitchcock retiring to Brazil, Rosa quitting in the wake of the George Floyd protests and becoming a PI, and Jake and Amy struggling to care for a newborn and be cops too. Still, they find ways to bring the cast together and bring the laughs one more time.

4. Squid Game
Oh holy poo poo, I was surprised by this A savage ripping apart of the social structure that creates and feeds into rich elite bourgeoisie vs. the poor downtrodden masses. I found myself rooting for our erstwhile team of friends and having my heart broken each time the scenarios proved people and their loyalties can be fickle, especially when a big golden piggy filled with cash is staring down the finish line if you choose to serve your own interests.

3. Wandavision
Kooky comedy set in different sitcoms set through different time-periods featuring our beloved couple, Scarlet Witch and the Vision, or is it more just bubbling beneath the surface? Tune in to find out! Stay to hope for a Dr. Darcy Lewis / Jimmy Woo X-Files-ish spin-off, get an Agatha Harkness spin-off instead. Oh well. She chews up scenery in this like nobody’s business so it’ll probably be good too.

2. Hawkeye
This was a Christmas treat I didn’t know I needed. About a hero, really, before the tv series, I could care less about. But with Hailee Steinfeld playing Kate Bishop to Jeremy Renner’s stoic Clint Barton, it tugs at the heartstrings. You get car cases through New York, LARP-ing misadventures, fights with Echo, a Black Widow, and Kingpin, and best of all, Pizzadog. What’s not to love?

1. What We Do in the Shadows
Vampires! In this world, they’re real and very prone to being hilarious idiots. This season had Nandor and Nadja squabbling over who’d rule the Vampiric Council, Colin trying to find out more about his history as an energy vampire, Guillermo working to get power and try to become a vampire (and failing miserably) and Laszlo adding more fun to the mix simply by being himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU