Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
It turns out I haven’t watched that many 2021 TV shows, so I’m going to put everything on here.

Honorable mention: Dave
I want to like this show, but Dave is such an unbearable rear end in a top hat at times. I hate him and I love him. Because of that, he doesn’t get a ranking.

14. Mythic Quest
Funny but doesn’t really grab me most of the time. When it’s good it’s amazing, but when it’s not I just don’t care.

13. The Witcher
Geralt is a badass, and I need to beat The Witcher 3. The season finale fell flat for me, however, so it landed just outside the top 10.

12. Dexter: New Blood
I used to love Dexter, so I of course had to watch this. It didn’t really do anything new, but nothing too terrible either.

11. Only Murders in the Building
Funny and shocking at times. Not enough to jump other shows though.

And now for the official list!

10. Ted Lasso
This season wasn’t as good as season one, but still had some great points.

9. It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
The second half of this season was great. I don’t know how they manage to still be funny after 15 years.

8. The Wheel of Time
This one is complicated. I read all of the books and therefore have opinions. Many many opinions. But it was still fun to see my teenage/young adult nerdiness on screen.

7. Joe Pera Talks With You
Joe worms his way into my heart a little more with this season. I also want to take up woodworking now.

6. Yellowjackets
This started out absolutely insane. While it somewhat fell off as the season went on it was still a heck of a lot of fun. I especially like that they keep making you anticipate what’s going to happen in each time setting.

5. Squid Game
Binged the hell out of this with my wife. The cameos were neat but the story itself and games were the fun part. There were also things I didn’t like, but overall I thought it was a really fun show.

4. How to with John Wilson
A bizarre look at the world through John Wilson’s camera. At the same time very heartwarming. It really makes me want to pay attention to the weird things around my neighborhood.

3. What We Do in the Shadows
The antics that these vampires get up to just get weirder and weirder every year.

2. Reservation Dogs
This show isn’t particularly hilarious, but at times it is extremely funny. It is, however, very human. There’s something I can’t quite put my finger on, but whatever it is it really makes me love this show.

1. Station Eleven
Thanks to the extension I got to see this and I’m glad I did. It was a very emotional and surreal experience. Not many shows make me “feel” things but drat if I didn’t almost cry numerous times. Fantastic television. Beautiful.

There it is. My 2021 list. If I get to Station 11/Yellowjackets or any of the other shows on peoples' lists before the 31st I'll update this. If not, this is it!

Edit: Finished Yellowjackets and updated the list.

Edit 2: Finished Station Eleven!

cryptoclastic fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Feb 4, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
I finished Yellowjackets and updated my list back on page 2.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
With the extension I was able to finish Station Eleven. Wow. Updated my list on page two again.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Yeah I’m conflicted about shows like that. Especially this year when there was so much good stuff. It aired mostly in 2021 so it feels more like a show from last year. But it made me cry in 2022. Difficult decision.