Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Pictured: Joe and Derek sharing an intimate moment

Any action by an NFL team has ramifications for some or all other NFL teams. It is rare, however, for a team to complete a season in which it overwhelmingly and concretely betters the position of one particular franchise. When a team goes above and beyond to benefit one specific team it is only appropriate for the fans of that team to recognize them and show appreciation. I hereby recognize the material benefits the Las Vegas Raiders have brought the 2021 Cincinnati Bengals and declare that they are Allies to all Bengals fans. All honorable Bengals fans will immediately act accordingly. I do not know whether it is necessary to elaborate on what the Raiders have done to earn this, or what it entails, but I will in case anyone should find it helpful.

What have the Raiders done?
  • The Raiders have beaten every AFC:N Franchise not located in Cincinnati. They also served as the turning point after a two game skid for the Bengals and allowed us to win a critical game for playoff seeding. If these results had been reversed - with the Raiders beating the Bengals, while losing to the Ravens, Steelers and Browns - The Bengals would effectively be eliminated. The victories against the Ravens and Steelers were quality wins occurring early in the season when the teams were relatively healthy. Numerous, arguably more talented, teams have lost to one or both of these franchises.
  • The Bengals game resulted in no meaningful long term injuries for the Bengals, however Ravens and Steelers both lost starters for multiple weeks in their respective games verses Vegas. In particular, the first game the Bengals played against the Steelers immediately followed their loss to the Raiders and the Bengals benefited from numerous starters not dressing.
  • The Raiders have a solid record against teams that could compete against the Bengals should they fail to win the division, the majority of their losses are to NFC teams or teams that are likely division winners.

You can pretty convincingly argue that Vegas has done more to ensure the Bengals reach the postseason than they have for themselves.

Pictured: Bengals' Johnston and Raiders' Lee, presumably sharing a friendly smooch

What do fans of either team need to do?
Raiders: Nothing. Any reciprocal good will is appreciated, but your obligations have already been fulfilled.
Bengals: Do not insult or otherwise snipe at the Raiders or their fans. In situations where the rooting interests of the Raiders do not directly contradict those of the Bengals you are expected to support the Raiders. In situations where rooting for the Raiders does actively conflict with Bengals interests you should act appropriately contrite. Show general comradery with Raiders fans and support for their players. Retaliation to real or perceived slights should be tempered and/or avoided to a reasonable degree.

What is the duration for the Raiders status as Allies to the Bengals?
There is no official end date. The Raiders can terminate this relationship with a severe breach of friendship (such as a targeting or personal foul that results in a lingering injury). Unless the Raiders present a specific and readily apparent cause Bengals fans are obligated to show good will to the Raiders from this point forwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'll kill the raiders

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

gently caress the raiders and now the Bengals

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Chucktesla posted:

gently caress the raiders and now the Bengals

Many are saying this

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Bo Jackson's career ended in a game against the Bengals.

This was not only a sad day for Raiders fans, it was a travesty for any fan of football. That man had a combination of size, speed and power that has never been matched and probably never will be.

gently caress the Bengals

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Los Poo Gas Raiders

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Now I have to root against the Bengals, a team I often forget exists, from a city that even Kentucky didn't want.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I had a weird dream last night that Tyrone Wheatley came back to the NFL and signed with the Ravens and was having a great season and ran against his former team the Raiders in the playoffs.

But the Ravens were weirdly wearing orange.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I agree with your thesis, sir.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
quite convincing. I have actually noticed that the the two franchises share some significant similarities. long lost twins, nearly

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
You know what else the Bengals and Raiders share?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Good dog

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
The Raiders are the Akili Smith of the NFL

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Highbrow Slick posted:

The Raiders are the Akili Smith of the NFL

Rude

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The raiders are cool and good.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
I declare the New England Patriots enemies to the NFL

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

Orange and black is a cool color scheme. If you delete the orange and replace it with silver it is also a cool color scheme.

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

Do you think ice cube and eazy-e went into the storage unit to pull out their old la raiders caps back when it was unclear where they were going to relocate to? Was that ever a time? If so did they keep catching a glimpse from the corner of their eye and thinking it was an icky woods jersey instead?

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

really queer Christmas posted:

Los Poo Gas Raiders

:eyepop:

How do the bengals respond to this??

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I think the correct term is "accessory"

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I can never remember who roots for who if they don't have their team in their avatar, If that guy is a Bengals fan for shame.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I'm a big Bengals guy personally

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I’m not against the concept of the Bengals.

However, gently caress the Steelers.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chucktesla posted:

gently caress the bengals and now the Raiders

Guido Merkens
Jun 18, 2003

The price of greatness is responsibility.

Black Sunshine posted:

Bo Jackson's career ended in a game against the Bengals.

This was not only a sad day for Raiders fans, it was a travesty for any fan of football. That man had a combination of size, speed and power that has never been matched and probably never will be.

gently caress the Bengals

Agreed, OP is engaged in Bo erasure and it’s sickening. The raiders would never accept this friendship.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

bo jackson ripped his own body apart because his teammates failed to block some nobody. easier to do what you're doing though, and expected of raiders fans aka burfict bros

Guido Merkens
Jun 18, 2003

The price of greatness is responsibility.

Cavauro posted:

bo jackson ripped his own body apart because his teammates failed to block some nobody.

Is this how yall are able to sleep at night? Telling yourself it was an inside job?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Bo was injured on a routine tackle between two good and handsome teams.

https://youtu.be/DcovPe9Ckxo

It was bad luck for all football fans, but it could have happened in any game.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

random garbage nfl player Kevin Walker totally pulled bo jackson's hip out of alignment by doing a regular lovely leg grab "tackle" that is used somewhere between 15 and 60 times every sunday, or the strongest player who ever lived visibly did not go down to a leg tackle and immediately used all his power to pull away from it, pulling his own hip out of place. must be the first thing

the raiders are enemy #1 above the steelers for placing a false curse on the bengals. like i said i'll kill the raiders

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Dec 23, 2021

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i accidentally put the wrong shirt. hold on

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Okay

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sorry for getting pissed. i'm drinking ice cold juice to calm down

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I owe an apology to all of the Raiders fans and their families for my outburst in this thread. I realize now that what I said was offensive to you and your families. I am very sorry. I know you look forward to the Bengals never winning a playoff game again because of what they did to Bo Jackson. It was certainly the fault of the Cincinnati Bengals that Bo Jackson became injured in a time where doctors were too stupid to fix people right. I can't undo what I have done but I am glad that you let me know how you felt. Please accept my sincere apology for my insensitivity and be assured that I will no longer say I'm going to kill the raiders.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Cavauro posted:

I owe an apology to all of the Raiders fans and their families for my outburst in this thread. I realize now that what I said was offensive to you and your families. I am very sorry. I know you look forward to the Bengals never winning a playoff game again because of what they did to Bo Jackson. It was certainly the fault of the Cincinnati Bengals that Bo Jackson became injured in a time where doctors were too stupid to fix people right. I can't undo what I have done but I am glad that you let me know how you felt. Please accept my sincere apology for my insensitivity and be assured that I will no longer say I'm going to kill the raiders.

gently caress the Raiders

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

my head was so hot before i drank that ice cold juice. it was probably 107 degrees on my head before i got that juice down my gullet

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Cavauro posted:

i'll kill the raiders

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Harold Godwinson posted:

i'll kill the raiders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'll root for the Bengals in the playoffs unless they face my team.

Fortunately I'll never have to worry about my team facing the Raiders in the playoffs.