Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
This is not a ride. Trying to do some saving this year, so no games for me. I did want to take a moment to recall last year’s train though and give a shoutout to all the riders. Last year Bovis gifted me Sea of Thieves, which is a game I liked the looks of and had wishlisted, but probably never would have actually bought for myself since I’m mostly a solo gamer. Right around that time I heard through the grapevine that an old friend’s dad had died. This was someone who I was close with, but we kind of lost touch over the years because we’re both bad about keeping things going when you don’t live in the same place. I called him to see how he was doing and send condolences and we ended up chatting about games too. It came up that he had Sea of Thieves for Xbox since launch, but hadn’t played much. He’s a console guy and I’ve been almost exclusively PC for years now. There haven’t been many cross-platform options over the years, but this one is. So we set a night to try it out and we’ve been playing at least once weekly ever since, half of which is shooting the breeze and talking poo poo while sailing between destinations. According to Steam, I’ve put in approaching 700 hours over the last year, which makes it my most played game ever by far and it’s still a good time every week.

So thanks very much to Bovis and everyone who works to make the train happen every year. Not only did I get an awesome game out of it that I probably never would have tried, but I also got a way to reconnect with a good friend at a time when connections seem harder to come by. Sometimes letting someone else roll the dice for you is exactly the right thing. It turns out Bovis gave me one of the best gifts I’ve received in my adult life at exactly the right time for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU