Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

and he liked it

https://i.imgur.com/KjNovy3.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Capt Picard has seen Worf get his rear end handed to him by every alien that appeared on the bridge often enough that Picard knows Worf is about as dangerous as a toddler throwing a tantrum.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Worf exists to make Wesley seem brave and useful

E: I point to season 2 peak performance in which worf gives up immediately and Wesley decides to immediately cheat to win lmao

Low key best trek ep imho

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
That explains why Worf got better when they kicked Wesley off the show.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Worf is such a goof but he pulled Jadzia, absolute legend

tokyo reject
Jun 12, 2019

when she's tryin to slide into your dm's but you wanna talk about a better america

great big cardboard tube posted:

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Eat any good books lately?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I feel like if worf was real, or his species, he would have slapped Alexander around a bit more. Raising a space soyboy smdh

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Worf was a pathetic jobber most of the time, but he hosed.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

In the finest starfleet tradition

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
That universe where he lost the karate tournament is probably the primary universe.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
The boss would bring his dog into the office and i would subtly train it to love me more as a display of power

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Sourdough Sam posted:

That universe where he lost the karate tournament is probably the primary universe.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

X JAKK posted:

The boss would bring his dog into the office and i would subtly train it to love me more as a display of power

That was on lower decks, it worked and he became captain

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Worf got to legitimately kick all sorts of rear end on DS9 tho.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's the influence of Sisko. Picard probably didn't like him hurting people, Sisko knew that sometimes you just gotta merk a fucker.

Also a bar that served real booze.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

goatface posted:

It's the influence of Sisko. Picard probably didn't like him hurting people, Sisko knew that sometimes you just gotta merk a fucker.

wtf, guinan had real booze. like that bottle of aldebaran whiskey that scotty got hosed up on

worf literally just prefers prune juice

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

I used to dislike a lot of the Worf episodes but now I actually enjoy them up there as some of the best, all the Klingon politics are super good because they're way more relevant today that most of the other things on TNG

except for the ones about Alexander I mean

edit: The more I rewatch DS9 lately the more I think I don't like it anymore as much as TNG, I used to think it was better, but not to be some kind of anti-anti-TNG nerd or something but I think I've realized that TNG was just better in most ways for the exploration factor and for having a lot more general ethical plays. Just a ton of each DS9 episode is disposable

AHH F/UGH fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Dec 23, 2021

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

goatface posted:

Well, Sisko punched Q. So yea, badass.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
One bottle stashed behind the bar is not enough. Not compared to little gremlin men serving anything they can sneak past the biohazard filters to a venue with occasionally rigged gaming tables, holodeck gently caress rooms and a collection of regulars who were mostly hellwar veterans and warcrimes victims.

Dude would have been in all the best barfights. Keeping those skills sharp.

fcc compliant bob
Jan 15, 2006

The must un-fantastic avitar on the forum (guranteed!)
totally broke it? partially?

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

it was cool when worf killed weyoun ty that's my comment

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

you broke my grill posted:

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

you broke my grill posted:

Yeah worf is (perhaps obviously) my favorite Trek character.

DS9 came out when I was 6 and I was absolutely captivated lol.

That's one of my favorite scenes in the show, but imho the undisputed best ds9 worf moment for me is https://youtu.be/Z8MFp3-ebEQ

Like drat when the Jem Hadar guy at the end just fuckin won't do it. drat.

drat that worf sat there and just took epic beatings to give people a chance

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Worf posted:

Yeah worf is (perhaps obviously) my favorite Trek character.

DS9 came out when I was 6 and I was absolutely captivated lol.

That's one of my favorite scenes in the show, but imho the undisputed best ds9 worf moment for me is https://youtu.be/Z8MFp3-ebEQ

Like drat when the Jem Hadar guy at the end just fuckin won't do it. drat.

drat that worf sat there and just took epic beatings to give people a chance

why is princess leia in bounty Hunter garb in prison with Dr bashir

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
op id check a dermatologist your forehead looks hosed

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LuckyCat posted:

That's what Breen look like

It's a refrigerated suit, but apparently they don't really know what's under there, if the Breen are all the same species or what

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

great big cardboard tube posted:

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

LuckyCat posted:

Ah yes you must mean when she donned the clothing and identity of Boush, the ubese bounty hunter

Tbh I think the ubese and breen wore masks for roughly the same reason. Tho iirc, I think breen literally huff farts for air. Altho that could also be the Gand.

I'll admit my horrible disgusting canons get their streams crossed sometimes

I think I spelled the bounty hunters name wrong, which is a shame because I definitely got the other parts correct

Thanks 25+ year memory for bad sci Fi minutiae

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Oh god I’ve been spelling it wharf

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

vaginite posted:

Oh god I’ve been spelling it wharf

lmao good morning I laughed way too hard at this.

Worf rules. I love the TNG episodes with his son, they are funny. I need to re-watch DS9. Like another poster said when I was younger I thought it was better than TNG because of the Sisko prophet thing and the Dominion War, but as an adult I watch TNG a lot and DS9 none.

Voyager is good but I’m also just very nostalgic because my mom and I watched it together all the time. I like the ep where Doctor gets stuck in a feedback loop and they try to keep the trigger secret and keep wiping his memory, but he keeps finding out. So they just park him in the holodeck and let him work it out while Janeway sips tea lol

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 14 days!)

tng is just a lot more rewatchable because every episode has a concept and the cast commit fewer war crimes

but ds9 probably has more high points, it's just surrounded by a lot of episodes where the best scenes are julian and miles loving around

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
He is not a merry man

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Worf

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

X JAKK posted:

Go on...

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

roomtone posted:

tng is just a lot more rewatchable because every episode has a concept and the cast commit fewer war crimes

but ds9 probably has more high points, it's just surrounded by a lot of episodes where the best scenes are julian and miles loving around

This is a really weird stance that is almost scientifically disprovable lol

Wrt the storytelling structure, imho, ds9 resembles modern tv. Imo TNG is a hybrid of decades old scripts and ideas, and it shows a lot more.

TNG has almost zero consequences that transfer from episode to episode (by design) and it basically took them an act of God to get an almost 3 parter (bobw1, 2, family)

DS9 conversely has arcs that span multiple seasons etc. So I'd say that if you want something staccato or to fall asleep to, TNG does do quite well.

It doesn't really evoke a lot of thought, comparatively, and relies too much on Patrick Stewart to be an effective story telling vessel.

Now that being said Picard is awesome but he's not really quite depicted as human enough to be relatable. Very monolithic almost.

There's plenty of exceptions, but frankly, by % I've probably already listed most of them by episode (Picard is also human in Tapestry, and some other occasions)

Also ds9 has way more intriguing guest characters, including those which they cribbed from tng

Otoh I've seen tng probably 300 times each ep and ds9 nowhere near as much, but I also blame availability back in the day and remastering for this

Anywhoo, I don't think TNG is a better show in 2021 than ds9, nor was it in the 90s imho

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
Worf vs Bortus
Who would win?

I know who my money is on.

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast
Calm down and have some tea, Worf!

https://youtu.be/p707u3jPVEM

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Worf posted:

Eat any good books lately?

fuckin lol

VVV I was into Q before it was cool.

old beast lunatic fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Dec 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Honestly that was a sick burn Trek or no

Q went full mean girl on worf