Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

ChaosDragon posted:

Should someone clean up the kitchen since everyone seems to get gut worms?

You can only get food poisoning from a dirty kitchen. Gut worms is when the story teller wants to be an rear end in a top hat :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

maybe the slave bunk has really good ambience

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Leal posted:

You can only get food poisoning from a dirty kitchen. Gut worms is when the story teller wants to be an rear end in a top hat :mad:

Better than muscle nanites or whatever that horrible poo poo you need glitterworld medicine to take care of.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Legion of Tuke'vast 7

I've thrown down some grow zones on the other side of the river. Got strawberries up top and olives growing on the bottom because why not. I'm realizing something though, and that is wild animals will eat the crops. Fences don't actually stop other animals from coming into your pens. So I'm gonna need to build a wall around the crops anyways. I guess with as warm as it is I wont have to worry about setting up power to get sunlamps and heating units in there, and just leave it unroofed.

Look at all that money that the third settlement is making! Besides the 2 times multiplier for being on a superorganism biome, I have a slave plantation built there which increases food production by 20% and an indoor hydroponics which provides a .5 food modifier. I'm throwing all my silver into upgrading this place.

The first settlement is providing a bit of profit while letting me tithe two worker's worth of mining production, right now I'm getting steel but I'm gonna switch that to copper as I've used up all the copper I had in the colony. And since Binia keeps getting attacked its let the first settlement have the chance to restore its prosperity to almost 100%!

I've reworked the animal pen, adding a little barn to it. The hay kept deteriorating because it was "outdoors", despite being in a hayloft. There is an animal flap that lets animals go in and out of the building and whats great is that the pen marker will also account for the stuff inside of the building when telling you how much nutrition is inside of the pen.

This is very obviously a scam.

There are no "he" in a foxgirl settlement! Besides I need all the money to buff up the military of the other settlements so they stop getting wrecked whenever a hostile force sneezes at them.

Speaking of settlements, we leveled up and I'm slam picking this without a second hesitation. Now we can finally stand up to level 6 raids. Now I'm sure the game will throw rank 7 raids at me.

No one refuses marriage like Gaston!

Holy poo poo, Chaos just chucked a grenade directly at this poor sap's head. That is metal as hell!

Oh, what is this?

This would be an interesting thing to follow up on in a more creature focused playthrough.

I went and researched soil reclaiming and soil plowing, so I can get some dirt down and can be able to build embrasures here on the mud. But I also researched septic tanks which will treat our water and hold fecal sludge in this tank. There is a reason for this: To plow soil I need fertilizer. Normally I make fertilizer by burning the bodies of my enemies. But this is a cannibal colony, that is a waste of meat. Instead we can make fertilizer with fecal sludge, we need a septic tank to hold the sludge or otherwise it gets ejected into the river from that waste outlet.

Both dirt and sludge are needed to make fertilizer. And for some reason its made at the butcher table which I don't think is sanitary.

Next up I have researched stews. Vanilla Cooking Expanded has soups where you get less nutrition per meal but you get multiple meals off a soup. The soup will need to be cooked for a few days however, and if power goes out the soup spoils. There is an add on mod that gives stews, basically the same thing but with less nutrition but its all powered by wood so you wont have to worry about losing your stew if the power goes out. As a bonus it takes 1 less day for the stew to finish. Doesn't look like I can make a gourmet stew however. No honeyed manflesh and strawberry stew for the colony :saddumb:

Been a bit since I've shown how the colony looks. I've held off on building more houses in favor of getting ceiling fans in each occupied house as well as working on the floor. I could research carpet making but naaah, vikings don't have carpets they have rugs made from the flesh of animals :black101:

What is nice is that I have a mod that gives some wooden floors that provide beauty bonuses on par with carpets. And I really need to get these houses looking nice, everyone has an awful bedroom moodlet.

Animals are helping out with all the hauling :)

Yeah ok I hear ya, I'll make the houses pretty! Also in this shot is a hnefatafl table, which is an actual thing. Its like chess, except instead of two sides going at one another its one side who starts in the middle surrounded by the other player. The center player needs to have their Jarl flee to the edge of the board, while the other player needs to capture the Jarl.

I get it, Gaston is handsome. But can ya stop asking for his hand in marriage :argh:

HEY WHERE DO YOU FUCKERS THINK YOU'RE GOING?!

Layla and Gaston are currently getting secured...

Bami... might be a problem.

... except instead of making an actual break for it and running right, she ran left, into the colony, where everyone else was at after beating down Gaston and Layla.

Not the smartest of plans. A painblock on Gaston to get him to stand back up and a few reverse time spells later and everyone is back in working shape.

And if you're curious with the shields, I made a bunch of ironwood shields. Some trees are ironwood trees that drop iron wood, its stronger than regular wood so what better use for them than shields?

:shepface:

Gaston is already married, to his JOB

Layla is bonding with the colony's animals to use them in a later coup, I see what you're planning!

And now there is a problem here. A huge problem. A gigantic problem: The stew here doesn't count as a cannibal meal. Meaning our colonists will hate eating it. And everyone else will be fine eating it, despite having human meat in the uncooked stew. I guess this will let me stretch out meals for the slaves that haven't converted yet...

Now that the gut worms have finally passed I get a war party going with King, Slaan, Senrath, Chaos, Vichan and Tuke'vast sex symbol Gaston. The room in the bottom right is our goal and hey, there is only one way into the room....

Don't mind us....

They took offense to Vichan's hack.

Somehow, I do not know how, one of them managed to open the door, shoot past a hound that is 150% the size of everyone else, past the rider with a big shield, past a gibbet and hit Gaston. No one can meatshield as good as Gaston, even when he is standing in the third rank of the formation!

Now as I head out I got curious and went to deconstruct the terminal, now that we've hacked it we're good right? Well good thing I saved before trying cause you fail the mission, even if you already hacked it.

YEAH, THATS RIGHT, loving EAT IT :byodood:

Binia had a natural +2 to military for the defense in depth trait, then I sent one of the tier 4 militaries to defend the place. Maybe in another year or two Binia will be able to get its prosperity back to a point where I can actually start putting some workers to use!

Yes I am going to show this off every time it happens. I think all these proposals happened in like a week and a half of time.

Alright this is the second time we've had enemy combatants who are related to our royal guest. I'm starting to suspect something.

I got some reinforcements coming in, but for now I get ready to meet the enemy. Its inconsiderate of them to not bother waiting and attacking immediately, I can't get my reinforcements set up :argh:

Even though the enemy has a lot of guns they are insistent on rushing the archer towers. I get everyone to fall back a block just in time for the archers to all get blasted with a psi blast cause apparently I'm playing Xcom now.

NO NOT THIS STUPID loving SPELL AGAIN

Huh, who knew it'd be a tactical advantage to run into a building where an enemy will pursue and move themselves away from their allies?

I had Chaos chuck an explosive satchel over here and two things: First I should probably move those chunks somewhere else. Secondly why is that archer closing to melee?

A few of the raiders decided to split off and try to go up the river, leaving the gunners here undefended and they got swarmed. One of them had a compound bow, which has some better range than the recurves I have on everyone. Though it isn't better than a longbow, so much for technology!

Oh jeeze, SomeoneAwful got it pretty bad with a bow to the head. Wait, they all had guns

One of the reinforcements completely missed their target and shot SomeoneAwful in the back of the head.

But thats ok

No one heals brains like Gaston!

So I've realized an issue I have with stuff not getting constructed in a timely manner is because KingDoom seems to be constantly meditating to keep up their psyfocus to a point. So what I do is I set their psyfocus limit to as low as I can go and then just give them a few hours of meditation time on the schedule.

I've missed a few opportunities to call for more mercenaries, but I wanted to hold off on that. Meet Cugel. Someone who can help out with construction will be very helpful here. Also they are also a bladedancer like Senrath, been lacking on getting more colonists to be different classes. Then again that requires researching the magic stuff...

And if you were wondering where Cugel's weapon was, here it is. A bronze halberd that Calamitous made

Its even got some art on it, to deliver strife onto our enemies! Also I really need to get some armor penetrating weapons here

And then a flash storm happened... this uh. This might be slightly concerning. I order a bunch of grass cutting along the edge of the colony

This is how it looks over a day later after some rain hit and extinguished the flames. Not gonna lie, I was tugging on my collar there.

And we are rewarded with the chance to get more crypto viking gear!

Aw, thats nice that SomeoneAwful is enjoying the meals. Wonder who they're talking to.

:stare:

I uh.... uh... what the gently caress. That escalated.

Ooh, this is that viking burial area and this looks pretty neat. Let's see whats inside.

Well, who else would you have staying in a burial chamber all day than a loner?

Two caskets, thankfully one of the occupants got KO'd and I was able to strip their gear off without them getting tainted. Then I get Gaston to reverse time on the other so the taint is removed then I finish them off for their delicious manmeats.

... Of course one of them is a magic class who lays a trap on death that blew up Gaston and Chaos. Its ok though, no one facetanks explosions like Gaston!

However the rear end in a top hat blew up the crypto armor that was next to him :argh:

Oh.My.loving.GOD.

I can't defend this, my militaries are rank 5. I'll need to get a barracks built at Binia and constantly lose money to it until it decides it wants to get prosperity up enough to break even. And whats worse, if I do build a barracks and the game decides lol rank 9 me I can lose that barracks when the defense fails.

I'm almost tempted to just delete this place really, in the time it'll take to get its prosperity back and pull any kind of funding for a military I could've just built a new settlement and upgraded that one.

Oh hey I forgot all about this. Well its been good Mael, sorry about killing a bunch of your relatives. Hopefully wherever you're staying will have a tv they can place in front of you, I know how utterly bored out of your mind you were while sitting in that barren room.

W...w-what? How? What?! How was this successful :psyduck: How did the least defended place successfully defend against the strongest military thus far :psyboom:

Leal fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jan 8, 2022

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Rimworlds!

cugel
Jan 22, 2010
Using a halberd to slash-teleport around the place, not giving a gently caress about the safety of others pawns.

ChaosDragon
Jul 13, 2014
Gaston seem popular

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
No one potentially helps lovely settlements defend against massive invasions like Gaston :confused:

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Dang, savage Senrath with that insult.

I suspect Gaston is a living monkey's paw. Wielding his power always comes with a price.

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

BraveLittleToaster posted:

I suspect Gaston is a living monkey's paw. Wielding his power always comes with a price.

Yeah,

The thread becoming full of Gaston jokes

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Legion of Tuke'vast 8

Who knew the most effective way to convert someone is to sneak up on them in a shower and deliver your sales pitch?

And hey, its time for the grand feast once again :toot:

Sadly no venerated animal showed up :(

I've researched road building, which will have our settlements build 1 tile worth of road on the overmap leading to our capital every 3 days. It'd be nice to get roads directly to the settlements for more trading opportunities.

Senrath has been pumping out hats at a remarkable rate, especially when you consider I don't have the leather anywhere nearby.

Calamitous gets the crypto armor and helmet, Slaan will get the extra crypto helmet. SomeoneAwful gets one of the crypto axes.

Oh dear, so that mana mine destroyed Gaston's kidney. A revert time though and it was back, but this has given him the negative moodlet for having a phantom limb, which gives -15 mood for a week.

Time to hide the booze.

I sold off all those hats and various weapons laying around and saw this at the nearby Hisa settlement. This can be quite useful, gonna swipe that.

God dammit :shepface:

I've set up a training dummy and an archery target. No I do not know why BLT is using the melee one with their bow and not the archery target.

Oh god drat. I set about getting the doctors to work (real talk, why do all of these illness events happen at night, when everyone is asleep?)

While Gaston goes around reversing time on others to cure the malaria :v:

Is this OP? Hell yeah. But malaria and plague et all are bullshit.

Well then, welcome to our humble abode. Mi casa is yi casa

Rather... unorthodox place to park but hey, who am I to question royalty?

:stare: what the gently caress is wrong with your faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace?

So er, yeah these nobles. They wont do anything to help but we can use them for fighting. Well, the only one who bothered to bring a weapon. We need to keep them happy while they're here... which is gonna be great because they are already unhappy there are slaves in the colony!

Phosrus here has a persona laser pistol. The traits on this persona weapon is that it requires a kill every 20 days or it will give the wielder a mood debuff. It also has painless, which will remove all pain from the wielder. Besides that she also has on excellent quality cataphract armor, giving an impressive 156% sharp defense bonus.

And apparently this has spurned Layla to attempt to escape again. Oh Layla you silly billy, kiss the dirt and think about what you've done today.

I got a notification that Calamitous wants a look change, I guess something about their looks doesn't match up with our ideology. This is giving them a mood penalty.

Behold, the styling station. Pawns will automatically use it to change their looks, but you can manually order them to change their looks.

Which brings up this menu, letting us change quite a lot about how our pawn looks. And whats great is that this is part of Ideology, no mods needed! To change color and tattoos though we need to make dye, which is made from growing tinctoria. I can set the color now and when dye becomes available Calamitous will eventually dye the clothing.

Now looking pretty Calamitous gets their yeoman title bestowed. They get stabilizing touch as their ability, which will stop bleeding for a few hours.

Now its time to finally bond this sword with someone. Honestly the effects aren't the best, but we can still use the better damage from it. And just because a persona weapon will only bond to one person doesn't mean that one person can't bond with multiple persona weapons.

So for now Calamitous has a -3 moodlet from the muttering.

Huh, five of these joined. I don't exactly want them... and they drop black chitin. I'd like my archers to be quicker, so I wouldn't want them to wear heavier armor, but black chitin is pretty drat solid for defenses....

:chef: More insect meat for kibble too!

... You know Phosrus, just because there are drugs here doesn't mean you're obligated to take them. Do I need to royalty proof the drug cabinet?

Showing the progress of our road program. Its like a hand crawling towards the rest of the road network.

So I was getting restless with the lack of raids happening so I set up a fiesta of the charge... and midway through a raid happens :v:

Also welcome Bami's mom :toot:

We need her alive

I also call in some reinforcements. At this point I can now call in 10 troops from the other settlements. Well one of them is on cooldown from actually defending themselves properly! loving wild, I know!

How dare you, that fiesta was so good the raid showed up BEFORE it finished :argh:

I got some longbows made, they got great range. Perfect to harass the enemy!

That is of course assuming one of them doesn't have an ability that lets them attack from extreme range and then cause hemorrhaging, slowing Slaan down enough that they cannot escape the enemy.

So if they want to meet out in the open field...

Slaan's weird psuedo multi class abilities thing lets me use this ability to get them out of the hoarde of the enemy.

Now let battle commence :black101:

And yes, I gave the royal guests some weapons and had them join. Well, except for Phosrus whose slow rear end is still in the middle of the colony.

Trying to get Slaan to navigate around the battle to get their bow on the bottom. They were badly hurt but thankfully we have a time wizard.

Whoa, apparently amongst our reinforcements was a summoner.

The enemy retreats and Bami's mom is trying to run off with someone, don't let them escape!

I didn't say kill her but thats ok, no one hard carries a colony like Gaston does!

Also one of the reinforcement died, so I had Gaston do what he usually does.

Behold, a nice looking house! Now like 7 more to go. Why yes, I did prioritize this because there is a couple living here!

Now one of the guests isn't happy that they're currently bedridden from being injured so its time to use one of these soothers I got from the ancient danger. It is providing a +15 moodlet for a day

Oooh, looks like one of those Witcher quests finally popped. It needs to be done in 21 days, so for now I'm gonna be building up bronze weaponry for everyone before attempting this.

While making sure everyone is hauling our food to the fridge I saw this single anomaly here. Alright, who was the wiener who brought a gun to a good ol' viking on viking fight?

Whoa and a Fenrir fight eh? This one is 19 days. I'm gonna change my research priorities to get transport pods, the locations for these hunts are 2 days of walking... one way. I'm not sure if I can get SRTS stuff researched in time.

For those that didn't read the last LP: Flying ships.

Holy poo poo!

That ship landed on an elk and set it on fire! Oh and I guess this is a threat to the colony.

Dammit Bami, that was NOT an invitation to set fires yourself :mad:

Not the smartest idea to let us close the gap like this! First I have Gaston use Chronostatic Field to get a few of the mechoids in a bubble. Then Chaos toss a lightning satchel...

Yeah there we go. Now the rest of the mechoids are in melee where they can't use their guns!

Yep, pretty clean sweep. The worst damage is a few bruises and cracks.

Got the usual advance components and plasteel from destroying the ship, but I also got some hive data. Maybe this would be more useful for another playthrough.

Oh, so sorry that I was too busy fighting death machines to give you a meal :argh:

Beating her down almost broke the crypto armor she still had on. I go ahead and take it off and leave a tunic for her to wear. I have Gaston fix up the armor and have Cugel wear the armor, as they only have chainmail on.

And then right after that smack down Bami's mom joins. Sighfridhson here is a wind mage, their abilities are:

Advance Flight lets the mage fly to a location, which ignores all terrain.

Stifle will slow down a pawn, suffocate them and silences them for a brief time.

Updraft will yank a target towards the caster

Windstep will buff a pawn that increases their mobility, shooting speed and accuracy

Gust will root a pawn in place, damage them and make them drop their weapon

Gale is an aoe attack that disarms all pawns within, keeps them from using any abilities and damaging them.

She only knows Advanced Flight, Stifle and Gust. Maybe I shouldn't have her learn Gale...

Found a use for these useless royalty layabouts :v:

Time for a new mercenary, Dervinosdoom joins the colony. And hey, they are a gunbreaker class, taken from final fantasy 14. This class' abilities are

Reload will reload one of their cartridges, which costs 50 stamina. They can hold 3 cartridges at once, and you can set it so while undrafted they'll occasionally reload by themselves.

Danger Zone will deal damage in a nearby area and gives them a cartridge.

Brutal Shell will damage an enemy and stun them.

Rough Divide will have the gunbreaker jump at the target, both damaging and stunning them

Sonic Break will cause an explosion that damages and stuns all enemies in the area. It costs a cartridge

Bow Shock will cause a large explosion in a target area, the range will ensure that the gunbreaker is always in range of the explosion. However they will not take any damage from the explosion, but their armor does get damaged. It costs a cartridge.

Jugular Rip does an explosion in 1 tile that does massive damage. It costs a cartridge.

Nebula burns a cartridge to make themself invincible, increases movement speed and melee for a short time.

Now looking at Dervin's shooting stats, double passion, the fact that all pretty much all the skills except Rough Divide are ranged, I'm gonna have them stick with a compound bow. There is only 3 archers right now and having someone who can stick close to the frontline while zapping people would be useful.

They also have a good artistic skill so maybe I should get an artist bench up soon so they can convert all those blocks that Silentsnack is providing into money. As well as getting rid of all the slate chunks around the colony. Oh and Dervin is also Cugel's sister.

Hey, what better time to show off some of these abilities then a 3 group raid showing up?

I'm glad while getting murdered the raiders still have time to worry about the fate of the plants with this cold.

I rest up between groups and what better way to tend your wounds then spending time in a hot sauna. Vikings used saunas right?

Got a nice little shield wall going here. Which makes it a shame that the enemy is nothing but ranged units.

I got a machining table set up so we can deconstruct those mechanoids. They drop mechanoid parts, along with some different mechanoid chip parts. More money for this colony!

Oh hey looks like its time for guests to go. Remember that time one of them was too slow to move to help out in a fight? Good times, good times.

And now we can promote KingDoom. We'll need to build a few things however before getting that title. I'll need to research harps before I can build one.

I've reworked the slave bunks to keep a prisoner inside. I figure I wont ever have more than one prisoner at a time, so I don't need to make a big ol' room for them. There are steel bars separating the room, supposedly prisoners cannot attack these.

Alright so the travel time thing was because it was winter, it only took most of a day to travel to Fenrir. So lets give this a go. I brought KingDoom, Slaan, Senrath and Dervinosdoom to take on this creature.

Slaan opens up with a gas arrow followed up by a barbed one, King throws a tomahawk to slow it down and Dervin stuns it with brutal shell.

It was too busy vomiting and bleeding to put up a fight and is quickly downed. We get a crafter skilltrainer for this, which I'll use on Senrath when they get back.

I'm sorry, what? She just spontaneously died. All that it says on the log is that she expired. I make Gaston wake up and reverse time on her. Death wont save you from work :argh:

The caravan has arrived and Senrath here has Fenrir in their pocket like it aint no big thing. Now I butchered the Fenrir and its skin is really good. Plainleather leather armor will give 44.6% sharp and 13.2% blunt defense. One made out of Fenrir leather will give 114.4% sharp and 19.8% blunt.

Just a shame that it apparently takes 3 Fenrirs to provide enough leather for a single suit of armor.

But hey, on the upside having researched drop pods now has our taxes be delivered instantly!

Leal fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jan 10, 2022

ChaosDragon
Jul 13, 2014
Question are we going to get guns for our range people or this is a melee and powers run?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

ChaosDragon posted:

Question are we going to get guns for our range people or this is a melee and powers run?

Thats something I've been thinking about. I can research down the Rimmagic weapons and can get a bow that can beat sniper rifles. But that does require finding a bunch of thrumbos and jade. But then I can show off more bow based classes that I wouldn't bother with in other playthroughs where I use guns.

cugel
Jan 22, 2010

Nice screenshot, with namesake photobombing, or hiding her face.

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I'd like to play rimworld with the setup you got, but drat i would get confused with all the mods you have in

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

dervinosdoom posted:

I'd like to play rimworld with the setup you got, but drat i would get confused with all the mods you have in

A big advantage for having a themed run is that I don't get too overwhelmed with all the options :v:

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
You have a mod list up and I just missed it?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Deadmeat5150 posted:

You have a mod list up and I just missed it?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Can't just make it a collection? Oy vey, ok. Time to start installing.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Giddy up and rimworld of magic are having issues right now, careful if you tame something people can ride - they'll stand around till they die instead. Oh, and I spotted a couple people on steam claiming chronomancer predict and alter fate abilities cause issues when events from mods they aren't set up for fire off, which is basically anything. Fun!

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
I may be a bit behind, but I still laughed my rear end off at the. There are no 'he's at a fox girl settlement.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Legion of Tuke'vast 9

I'm gonna start doing longer updates from now. An update was just whatever I played that day, but those are on the short end in my eyes.

Welcome back to our yearly execution, happening now. Yep, two years :toot:

Oh wow, thats one hell of an engraving to put on a kitchen chair. And how much meat is in a cannibal platter if it towered over Senrath?

Alright now that I got some money and pumped some upgrades in the other settlements, time for a new one. And whats great is that now that we have drop pods we can put these anywhere on the planet and it'll take like hours instead of months to settle there. I'm gonna throw this on a mechanoid intrusion in the mountains because look at that mining output! I don't think I've seen anywhere be higher than 2.5.

As for what a mechanoid intrusion is, its a biome with very little wildlife or vegetation. Good luck to whoever is living there!

It'll provide a cool 1k silver for having all the workers mining. Compared to Binia who can *checks notes* will immediately be 50 silver in debt for having 1 single worker. As an aside, for the other two settlements I have a worker in each that is doing work in research. When I get this new settlement upgraded I'll go ahead and chuck a worker there for research as well.

We have felled a Fenrir the other day, what trouble can this creature cause? I select the bottom option and am told that the counselors are looking over it carefully.

Holy poo poo this is the ugliest thing :swoon:

It produces fur that is better than plainleather in defense.Wouldn't mind getting some fur capes on our warriors.

Oh god no please why would you do this to me?

Not that their split up would cause me any problems in trying to find a new house, got quite a few open ones now! Almost got the south part of the river all built up, I should make some more concrete plans for what I'm doing on the northern side.

Everyone actually talking kindly to one another and enjoying themselves, no talking about the status of each other's genitals. With as many colonists I have I think I may need to rework some of our kitchen area, especially because people keep getting food poisoning :argh:

Like I should know by now, I've played over a thousand hours in this game. Do not put the butcher table in the same room as the kitchen! Also by having the kitchen off in its own spot where there isn't colonists and animals constantly going in and out wont track in dirt and crap.

Oh, well then. So this thing is destroying whatever its walking past and is heading towards the colony. I can send a few colonists over to try and take it out, however...

... most of the more experienced colonists are taking care of some werewolves.

Oh whoa, I didn't realize the plasmasword can set enemies on fire.

Oh god do not get close to these, holy poo poo. So what I'm having to do is leave it be while occasionally sending Vichan to shoot a few arrows at it to make it run off away from the colony. Sometimes Chaos runs over and tosses an explosive satchel at it.

Holy poo poo our military can actually raid other settlements successfully! And er wow, holy poo poo. Well that painstopper can be sold for a shiny penny. The medical integrator is from a mod that uses computers to buff buildings. Maybe for another playthrough, but for now we can deconstruct it for some gold and plasteel.

The colony will eat well tonight!

..... If they cared for eating anything that isn't human flesh.

Oh god, when you butcher it it explodes into a bunch of boulders. Gonna need to get these made into bricks and then turned into sculptures.

... not that we need to sell the sculptures or anything :homebrew:

I researched scribing so I can start making some fighter scrolls, namely to teach gear repair. Having to manually make pawns drop gear, then have Gaston reverse time, then put the gear back on is tedious. With this skill a fighter class will reduce their maximum stamina by 20 to constantly fix any gear they're wearing.

The issue now is to get magicyte and cotton. Thankfully I can have the mining settlement send over magicyte. As to why I don't get the mage spell one, where I can just cast it on whoever? That needs devilstrand, and I don't have any.

Whaaaaaat? Holy poo poo, that medical emergency alert? Thats for me, irl. I'm having a heart attack because they actually managed to not be assholes enough to accept a proposal?!

Oh and the medical emergency is actually for a prisoner that I yanked out of a casket to try and give to a royal tax collector. It uh... didn't work out.

... what the gently caress am I looking at here?

I'm sorry, I know this is an absolute cheap shot but this looks absolutely nothing like what its in game sprite is. It looks like that one dude from homestar runner if he had scoliosis and wasn't wearing any clothes.

Looking at the leather entry for them, it is described as "The best leather in the rim". You know what that means.

There will be no tomfoolery on my watch!

As the youth would say: Yolo!

Do they still say that?

What the gently caress it shot something that took half the health of everyone it hit!

Don't you try and loving run :argh:

Got it knocked down and it just will. not. DIE!

Nice, one gave a good amount of leather. Everyone is kinda beaten up though, hoping that the other one sticks around for a bit. I really want to get more...

This leather can go from a 44.6/13.2 defense of plainleather to 137.5/24.8 Thats just covering the middle layer, there is still room for an outer and skin layer. Bronze chainmail provides 49/64 on skin. Thats already 186 sharp defense (assuming normal quality) so you'd only need another 14 to get the full 200% on a pawn's torso and legs. A plainleather coat will get you that.

Oh dear lord there are giant spiders :gonk:

Send everyone out!

It shoots webs and poo poo too :gonk:

loving kill it :gonk:

I hate spiders, burn it!

An orgy in the woods? Must be the Hedonist playthrough :dumbrim:

Hilariously enough letting this go caused food production to increase by .5 at our food producing settlement.

Alright, let's get a second set of leather!

Dear lord how are you still alive. This is off the FIRST attack.

This one went a lot smoother, shredding of lungs aside. I now have enough leather to produce three sets of leather armor.

Well gently caress, a dry thunderstorm happened again and now all the devilstrand is catching on fire. Maybe I should have these be in a greenhouse...

I got the throne set up for King's ceremony. The harp is made out of ironwood and I'd like to note that the harp needs to be crafted, it isn't built from the build menu. And don't worry, I'm moving that wall light that is above the brazier :v:

Holy poo poo :eyepop: 178 sharp defense all in itself. Dervin doesn't have any armor at all, and they are supposed to be more close range than the other archers....

Though I'm starting to realize I got this cool crypto armor stuff that can easily be replaced by galtross leather armor.

I called in the empire to do King's ceremony and a bunch of tribals attacked as soon as they showed up. Rude as gently caress.

Kinda hard to do the shieldwall thing when the enemy just runs past your line like its nothing :argh:

Seriously what the gently caress are you all doing, the people who are trying to kill you are by the river!

Beaten bloody and bruised, what better time to finally go through with the ceremony?

Welcome KingDoom, Dame! King gets a few psycasts, Word of Joy which will make a pawn happier but reduce their consciousness and Beckon, which makes a target approach the caster. We also have the privilege to trade at Empire settlements (only if King is in the caravan) and can access some permits. However there is a cost to this...

There are demands on what clothing to wear. The meditation throne will require certain requirements, and we can see that excludes having any altar in the room.

And they want a bedroom befitting their title. King has a -6 modifier for not having a bedroom with a double bed and end table, -4 for not wearing the proper clothes and a -6 modifier for having elite expectations.

Then we can get permits which lets us call in help from the Empire. The options are:

Steel Drop gives 250 steel

Food Drop drops in 20 survival meals

Call Laborer Team will call in 4 pawns to do labor for 4 days. There is an upgraded version that will call in 8 laborers for 4 days.

Call Trooper Squad will call in 4 light troopers to help in a fight.

Silver Drop will drop off 500 silver

Aerodrone Strike will fire a single AOE wherever you target. There is an upgraded version that will fire several strikes.

Call Transport Shuttle will bring you a shuttle that you can move 70 tiles in. Note that this is a one way trip.

Call Janissary Squad will bring in 4 janissaries to help in a fight. There is an upgrade that calls in 4 heavy cataphracts.

Glitter Med Drop will drop 5 glitterworld medicine

These permits will require a certain title to buy and have cooldowns that will cost honor if you use them during the cooldown. I grab aerodrone strike and silver drop. I figure with the other settlements I can call in my own reinforcements and use them to get me steel. I'm not really hurting for labor so the only options that have any use are those. Transport shuttle being a one way only deal is pretty wack.

And why get silver drop when I get all this ca$$$h from the settlements? Cause just like irl you can never have too much money.

Offscreen I already beat down Bami who tried to escape, not even a day later this happens.

Layla decided she wanted to punch an arctic lion. I'm impressed they wanted to fist fight a god drat lion.

Apparently King was also impressed, and hooked up with Layla.

Wait... hold on wait... oh no. Oh nooooooooooooooo

Oh huh, my worry was that according to the wiki a colonist and a slave cannot share beds, you need to either free the slave or enslave the colonist. But it looks like that isn't the case? Maybe a mod I have fixes this, I dunno.

Well thats one way out of the slave bunk I guess. Its gonna be awkward as hell though when Layla inevitably tries to escape again...

I changed my mind on the other side of the river, there is no point in building defenses and buildings over there cause everyone is on the south side of the bridge. It'll simply take way too long to muster everyone up and head north to meet the enemy. So instead I'm going to plow the soil along the river and build a second bridge on over and just leave all my farming on that side. As the colony is open raiders *shouldn't* bother with attacking the crops and will just run on by. The concern about wild animals eating the crops isn't that big of an issue, as the winters are brief there is always grass growing for herbivores to eat.

That second bridge is because I'm gonna extend westward. I don't think the hill there will have a mountain top so I should be able to mine it all out. I'll build an extra room on the west side of the fridge for brewing purposes. The rest of the space can be used to make a better power room than what I got now and a few more houses.

Then I'll do some changes to the center here. I'll expand the altar room, with all the requirements wanted for it, as well as needing to build reliquaries to hold relics, I need the space. Then I'll rework the pen, making it bigger. I'll also stop growing plants down here and instead use the space to grow flowers for apiaries. Flowers will also work as grazing food, and they don't last long normally anyways.

I plan to get some horses to help speed up caravan travel time, along with providing extra carry weight. So yeah, need a bigger pen and barn.

Dammit, welp there we go. Even though the bed is assigned to Layla she doesn't sleep there.

I guess sleeping in another bed is better than sleeping on the couch?

:eyepop: Oh holy poo poo. Yes ma'am! I get KingDoom, Slaan, Senrath, Chaos, Calamitous and Dervin set up to take this on.

Looks like we got a bunch of mad asses around here :rimshot:

Meet our quarry. I would show the description but its the same description as what was in the quest description.

I approach it and it immediately puts Slaan and Dervin into a daze. Thats kinda bullshit but ok.

And then I get close and it just dazes everyone else. What the gently caress? As it starts beating on Dervin with no repercussions it continuously does its daze move over and over. What the gently caress am I supposed to do here?

Considering this thing can just daze your entire war party I think this is completely fair. Was I supposed to use ranged attacks on it? You saw how far it was when it dazed Slaan and Dervin at the start!

Yep, I defeated the monster all right!

So everyone is still wandering and Dervin is about to bleed out.

Gaston truly is the guardian angel of the colony! Also everyone is still in a daze by the way.

In fact they're STILL in a daze a day after when they finally return to the colony! What the gently caress, this means if I didn't call in that military drop this would've been a complete wipe. Its now been over 24 hours and King and Chaos are STILL dazed.

No seriously, what the hell was I supposed to do against that fiend? I tried to open the fight with Slaan's abilities which have a huge range and that still required them to get close enough to get dazed. Was I supposed to bring siege equipment, place one in each corner of the map and hope the fiend dies before it manages to walk up to each corner and daze everyone?

Finally getting some appreciation around here!

Here is something I've been holding off on a while, an ancient complex. This is related to finding some more about the blood idol relic. Lot of abandoned, rusted military equipment all around the base

One room has a few insectoids AND mechanoids, odd combination. One with a terminal that can be hacked...

... One with a hostile dude in a casket who learned the hard way that you don't take time to snort coke and let a bunch of melee users close the distance.

And even more terminals and bugs.

Well aint that lovely.

I have Slaan and Vichan hack some consoles while the others open up the various hermatic crates and loading the loot onto the muffalo.

Uuuuh well thats rude and Slaan is right in front of the luciferium bug.

And then some hostile showed up right when I finish hacking the last terminal. As much as I'd love to have free meat, everyone is extremely tired because of how late they showed up. Thankfully I can just walk to the corner of the map and leave

Ugh *turns on the Gaston signal*

That is cheating, Slaan.

Another village that worships a machine, you know how this goes.

Why the gently caress do they keep shooting at Gaston :psyduck:

Time for a new mercenary, meet NGDBSS! Physically adept with trigger happy, looks like I'm gonna be trying to find a bow class book! In fact, I went and build a communications console which now lets me, with a mod, check the stock of other settlements.

And what luck, a nearby settlement has a ranger book in stock!

A desire from the colony is building a sculpture related to the religion. This took Dervin a long time to make, though that may be my fault for making it out of marble. The art is simply: "On this sculpture is an illustration of a large group of ikwas."

Oh drat Vichan and Chaos are finally getting hitched. I placed a wedding spot in the altar room, it just made sense to be wed there. The married couple get a whopping +40 mood for thirty days The attendees get +20 mood for 10 days.

Finally got NGDBSS' ranger book, turning them to the Ranger class. Their abilities are:

Ranger Training will increase walking speed, aiming speed, immunity gain, comfortable temperature, toxic sensitivity, animal training and butchering skills while giving penalties to construction and smelting speed.

Bow Training will increase hearing, sight, breathing, bow damage and blood filtration

Poison Trap will set up a trap that will poison enemies.

Animal bond will let the ranger bond with a creature, instantly taming it and increasing the ranger's moving, manipulation, blood pumping and dodge chance. Though this can fail and cause the creature to turn manhunter, the ranger can increase skill in it to let them tame more difficult animals. Also it reduces max stamina by 30

Arrow Storm will fire multiple arrows at a target in a large range.

At base level the Ranger class also reduces aim time by 15%, pair that with trigger happy... 65% aim reduction. Soon NGDB will be the next Legolas.

I need to start making gems of insight so I can get more classes but that requires magicyte and I'm not getting as much from the mining settlement as I hoped I would.

I got an event where settling costs were reduced in half so hey, why not expand on our mining bases? I could let this one be tithed while using the money from the other one to cover the costs. Ignore that I had them next to one another, you can't have them adjecent so I built 1 hex south.

And well, I had enough silver for another reduced cost settlement so I built another in the organism area to produce more cash.

:stare: Well that is pretty horrifying. And of course they all show up right when everyone goes to sleep :argh:

LET ME SLEEP YOU ASSHOLES :byodood:

Meet the Termite. You know those sapper raids? What if they could do that but they don't even have to get close to your walls? Well you got the termite.

I don't stay inside the archer towers, they are like red herrings at this point cause the enemy just beelines past the towers.

Back up into the colony, take away their range advantage.

I get a few EMP'd and have a few melee rush out to take out a few mechoids before retreating back into the alleyways. It worked out pretty well, damage was minimal.

And now that I got some devilstrand coming I got Bami's mom (because I can't spell her name) to learn it and set to automatically cast the spell.

Normally devilstrand is a solid material for clothes... but bronze chain mail uses the same skin slot as regular clothes and offers better defense than what I can get off devilstrand. Guess I'll just be using it for scrolls. I'm already getting a few thick skin scrolls, which provides +10% defense against sharp, blunt and heat for an upkeep of 30 stamina. I'll need to start making some stamina increasing gear soon.

To keep this from becoming a psuedo mage colony I wont be grabbing the various mage utility spells, just have a heavy reliance on a time mage is all.

Strange that a faction who doesn't follow our ideology is looking into our relic, but hey if they're willing to provide a ride to the compound...

Bit chilly here

Huh, the compound here has been generated inside of a mountain that also has a cave system in it.

I'll just make my own door here...

Oh sweet, some hyperweave. Guess I can make some gloves out of this!

While Slaan hacks at that terminal we come across this room with 4 crypto pods in it.

Hope you enjoyed your nap, its your last!

Quite generous with the gold here! Not pictured is that the offscreen pod occupant had an excellent quality plasmasword.

Slaan finishes hacking a terminal and uuuuuuuuuuhhhhh

:supaburn:

So uh... Slaan isn't going to be coming back in through that room. Oh and for some reason steel walls burn in this game, so... I should probably speed things along here.

Found another terminal, a room full of bugs and 2 security crates, which are those red boxes.

Oh thats pretty cool, we can research the empire grade armor! All in exchange for waking up a few of those bugs. However those bugs forgot something:

Thats a choke point! The remaining consoles are hacked without incident and everyone heads on back home.

And after a hard day of compound crawling, Slaan plays some strings on the harp :)

Leal fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jan 11, 2022

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Harp music, the only thing that soothes the savage cannibal :)

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
I'm just waiting for Gaston to die on the next punch-down for breaking out. Or to randomly get shot in the head since he seems to be a magnet for that.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Taking down one big badass monster after another, the true Viking way. And then looting them for their pelts.

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

That Dave dude forgot that the rule is to snort cocaine before you go in the casket.

ChaosDragon
Jul 13, 2014
Question what the relationships in our group?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

ChaosDragon posted:

Question what the relationships in our group?

KingDoom and Layla are lovers, Vichan and ChaosDragon are married. I... swore that BLT and Vichan were sisters, but they actually aren't? I see that I put that down in an earlier update but I'm not finding it anywhere? I have just tried to fix that with the character editor and the game wont save that... thats weird.

namehereguy
Nov 24, 2017

Leal posted:

This leather can go from a 44.6/13.2 defense of plainleather to 137.5/24.8 Thats just covering the middle layer, there is still room for an outer and skin layer. Bronze chainmail provides 49/64 on skin. Thats already 186 sharp defense (assuming normal quality) so you'd only need another 14 to get the full 200% on a pawn's torso and legs. A plainleather coat will get you that.

Armor isn't additive between layers. An attack will roll against the plainleather coat, then the resulting damage will roll against the leather armor, then the result will roll against the chainmail.

When hitting armor, it rolls 0-100, and if the result is less than half of the armor value (minus armor piercing) it's negated, if it's more than half but less than or equal to the armor value it's converted to blunt and halved, otherwise it gets through.

cugel
Jan 22, 2010

Leal posted:

Time for a new mercenary, Dervinosdoom joins the colony.

(snip)

Oh and Dervin is also Cugel's sister.

Must be this family ties you're missing.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

cugel posted:

Must be this family ties you're missing.

Yeah they aren't related anymore either :psyduck:

I think by using the character editor to change out their gear so they aren't walking in with power armor and plasma rifles is causing them to lose their familial status. But I fixed it, I had to make both sibling pairs have a same mother. For some reason just assigning them as sisters doesn't work, I explicitly need to mark a parental figure for them.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

To be honest, it is mildly surprising that the game has that sort of sanity checking built in. But also not, because given the clusterfuck it can become, it'd probably explode without without some serious sanity checking.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Leal posted:

Yeah they aren't related anymore either :psyduck:

I think by using the character editor to change out their gear so they aren't walking in with power armor and plasma rifles is causing them to lose their familial status. But I fixed it, I had to make both sibling pairs have a same mother. For some reason just assigning them as sisters doesn't work, I explicitly need to mark a parental figure for them.

I think the reason why the game makes invisible placeholder pawns for relatives is to cut down on the combinatorial explosion of having to search through hundreds or thousands of pawns checking to see who needs to have what kind of link(s) added to their tab

Also it prevents weird corner cases like two pawns who are getting married suddenly find out they're cousins because Randy decides to interrupt the wedding by having their nudist cyborg grandpa lead a drop pod raid into the chapel.

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

silentsnack posted:

Randy decides to interrupt the wedding by having their nudist cyborg grandpa lead a drop pod raid into the chapel.

I bet that happened in beta

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
That would be one hell of an objection :v:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Legion of Tuke'vast 10

Starting this update right with the nice number!

Dervin gets hit by some inspiration and I promptly take them off making slate sculptures and instead make a grand sculpture to burn this inspiration on. Shame that they aren't a crafter, a masterwork chain mail suit would be really good.

So while stews will turn into an unidentified broth that can hide human meat, proper soups do not. So honeyed manflesh and berries are back on the menu! I have several blueprints placed for more soup pots, I did some math when it comes to food. Each pawn will need 1.6 nutrition a day, each pot will make 7 nutrition worth of meals every 3 days. I'm estimating 20 pawns will be in this colony, so 32 nutrition per day, times the 3 days for cooking is 96 nutrition needed. Divide that by 7 will require 14 pots to provide enough nutrition, while building up a little stockpile of excess soups.

Then there is a bunch of barrels to ferment mead in. Meads and soups for everyone!

Of course I shouldn't go too wild making soups, after all we need some of that manflesh for the annual cannibal feast!

Yessss, a breeding pair of Wyverns were summoned! Just gotta... hrm, a button seems to be missing.

What do you mean I can't tame wyverns?! FFFFFfffffffffffffff-

Well they do seem to be open to hanging around the colony. I cannot see this going wrong at all.

As an aside, I love that I built tables in each house so the owner can eat there, and instead it leads to other people just barging in to use their table.

All the free houses I switched their beds over for guest usage, then used the communications console to invite our own faction to come over for a visit. I mean, why shouldn't our own citizens not visit the capital from time to time?

And wow, our military actually managed to do a proper raid for slaves! That is, the second group succeeded. I tried with another group and they failed.

Prisoners are kept at the settlement and there are a few things we can do with them. First they contribute to the worker cap depending on the workload. At light they only increase the overmax worker slot, but they will get 4 health each day. Medium will contribute 1 to the soft cap in exchange for lowering health by 10 each day. Heavy will increase the softcap by 2 and decrease health by 20 per day. I'm sure you can cheese this by having them do heavy work right before bills are due then set them back to light right after.

Then we can sell the prisoners and wow, they are worth way more than you'd get selling prisoners normally. That top prisoner is worth over a thousand silver by itself. Then we can send the prisoner here to the colony. Speaking of, there was always an option for me to send a prisoner from the colony to the settlements. I guess thats how you would increase your worker cap besides building certain buildings and upgrading the settlement.

I'm gonna have the prisoners sent here as I need more meat. Haven't been getting a lot of raids nor camps to raid myself. I tried to do another fiesta of the charge but it was boring again :argh:

:sickos:

It aint no gallatross leather, but thrumbofur is pretty drat solid protection itself.

I get enough fur to make 2 thrumbofur pelt coats. Dervin here has the entire get up of our armor:

The pelt coat covers the torso, neck, both shoulders, arms and legs for 71.8 sharp, 15.5 blunt and 51.8 heat

The bronze chainmail covers the same minus the neck for 59.8/80.5/46 for a total of 131.6/96/97.8

The gallatross leather armor protects the torso, both shoulders and legs for 178.8/40.2/107 for a grand total of 310.4/136.2/204.8. While the arms aren't quite as protected, its gonna take a lot to damage anything from the shoulders down. And above the feet. Also hands. The lack of neck protection is worrisome...

But still, that is some crazy defense. The helmet provides 82.2/110.7/63.3 to everything above the neck, the gloves give 59.8/80.5/46 to the hands. Just need to get some boots, which I still haven't fully decided on if I want them to be leather for an extra .10 speed or metal for more protection at a cost of .10 speed for a total difference of .20 speed. And I can still throw on a rimmagic cloak over them to give more defense to the neck, along with the shoulders.

Oh and don't forget the thick skin ability which will add another 10% to each defense. And I haven't even touched implants...

Why would you taunt me like this game :negative:

I head over to another complex for some more blood idol clues and one room had a fuel node explode and the room is really hot. While walking into the room with the final terminal Vichan takes a shot at the sleeping bugs who wake up... and proceed to head right into the burning room.

However once I start hacking the terminal in the room they were in they turn right back around and attack.

Ya know, considering this thing was called a CHEMFUEL bug, I should've seen this coming. However Dervin's incredibly powerful armor protects them from the explosion.

But what luck! We finally found where the relic is, and its even near the colony! Just gotta restock on food and I can send a war party on over. I do have a little notification though telling me that the security threats will activate in 3 days.

A war party of King, Senrath, Chaos, BLT, SomeoneAwful, NGDBSS and Gaston arrive to the site.

This machine called a carpenter is wandering around the facility and then wanders inside.

Its... so beautiful. The meachnoids take offense to NGDB taking it.

Well, minus the carpenter. It gives zero fucks. After downing the mechoids everyone runs off the map.

Oh for gently caress's sakes. Everyone is going to be out for another day and a half before getting back to the colony. However Slaan and Dervin are here, and they got some big AOE moves....

Slaan fires a barrage at the enemy

Dervin leaps straight on in and insta-kills a rando with Jugular Rip.

And then follows it up with Bow Shock.

Cugel just straight up decapitates a dude, holy poo poo.

That first group retreats and I patch everyone up and head right for the second group. This is the smallest group

The final group splits off and go after a guest who decided they would prefer punching a dummy instead of shooting the hostiles that were approaching.

Slaan's barrage also does some good work in taking out a chunk of the invaders. The invaders quickly retreated after that. And to think I went and reworked the settlement's militaries just in case I needed to call them in!

Welcome home brave warriors! Have we got a feast for you!

:siren: GASTON HAS BEEN TAKEN FOLKS :siren:

Speaking of explosions, meet the explosive table and a mining charge. This is part of the remote traps mod that will let us make IEDs that we can set off ourselves instead of being based on an enemy walking on it. When making these you pick the main ingredient and a secondary ingredient, which effects how much work is needed to make the items. Main ingredient can be either silver or sparkpowder, which is grown from a plant. Secondary ingredient is either steel or components. Silver and components will be the fastest to make the item, with sparkpowder and steel being the slowest.

I have something else in mind for these besides killing my enemies...

The hill nearby did have a mountain top so I get a shaped charge made as well as a detonator...

Tada, no more mountain top! Just some collapsed rocks to take care of. This is gonna be a slow process....

Speaking of slow processes, making this took a while. The Thrum Bow ( :razz: ) is from Rimmagic and it has stats on par with a sniper. Its certainly got the range of one, and is slightly weaker with less armor penetration. But still, look at that accuracy! NGDBSS will certainly like this one.

White on white on white here with the snowstorm, thrumbow, thrumbofur coat and watch tower.

A sentient plant skin book and mushroom stalk relief? Did you all raid a colony of mushroom people or something? Anyway, the book is from Vanilla Expanded Books and will give a pawn some melee skill for reading it. However this book is low skill for even a level 6 melee user so thats going to the sell pile.

I can't stay mad though, not when tributes like this comes falling in every 5 days.

Hrm, rather unorthodox method of delivering tribute. The blue one drops plasteel and components, the purple one "drops many useful components". In this case it dropped steel, gold and silver.

Wait, hold on. Consuming beer gives a mood penalty because it doesn't have human meat in it? What the gently caress? Its not food! The same thing happens if I have them drink mead! This penalty doesn't apply when taking drugs like joints and cigs, so why is the game considering it a food to consume alcohol?

So I have cannibal vikings who get pissed off when they drink mead

Wow what a bunch of dicks. They went and built this entire machine for the sole purpose of annoying us. And then a cold snap happened, to further make sure we do not grow any plants. Maybe I SHOULD make a greenhouse after all.

I have updated the forge with arc furnace elements, each one using two thousand watts. Good thing this is a really low tech colony, eh? I have researched geothermals and have one built on the southeast corner of the colony, its the only one close by sadly. All the other vents are on the other side of the river and like near the northwest corner of the map, couldn't have been any farther from the colony really.

With this new power I can get the forge up to 3,600F which will let me make staballoy. For the cost of 90 uranium and 10 plasteel we get 100 units of the stuff and it is *really* good metal. Bronze chain armor: 59.8/64.4. Staballoy: 82.8/92 Throw some gallatross or thrumbofur over that? Hoo boy.

I'm having the mining colonies send in uranium and plasteel.

It all joins together in the end into this green ooze.

Why looks pretty when you can be built like a brick shithouse?

Holy poo poo look at what the traders brought in

A breeding pair of sheep whose wool is devilstrand! Of course I bought them!

I go ahead and make a devilstrand jacket for Bami and one for her mom, so of course Senrath has to go and make one of the jackets a masterwork. Would this make it more difficult in the future to beat her down when the inevitable rebellion happens? Nope, the jacket doesn't have a lot of blunt defense and I make sure everyone is punching.

... Son of a bitch Gaston is on the other side of the river and is near the edge of the map.

Bami is nearby and I have her run over to punch Gaston, if nothing else to slow him down for someone else to show up. Can't believe I'm about to ruin their relationship with one another.

I get her mom to fly across the map and use gust to keep him rooted in place.

Senrath and Kingdoom show up to properly administer the smack down.

I'm sorry a what pack?

Oh my god

They're metal as gently caress

They clump up, which while good for Slaan's abilities they are tearing NGDBSS the gently caress up and thats with the best armor available.

A bag of explosives and some poison gas arrows...

Cugel and Senrath phase strike in and follow it up with a blade spin.

When big melee blobs like this happen it makes me wish there was a "attack any nearby" hostile button so I'm not having to manually move everyone after they kill whatever they're fighting.

I tried to bring one home but it loving got right up when dropped off and attacked someone, got killed, then when I tried to reverse time with Gaston the body didn't come back to life cause scaria rotted it :negative:

However there was one whose spine was shattered, conviently keeping it incapacitated. You can cure scaria with some medicine. I'll go ahead and do that and will prioritize researching animal bionics for a replacement spine.

Or King could use regrow body parts, if only they had a high enough of a psylink :argh:

Huh, well its too bad cannibalism means you can't eat anything ever because these eggs would work out well for some desserts. I just release the chickens.

Its taken several days but finally the first one is made and look at it! This first one goes to Senrath, for being the first melee user from left to right that isn't King who has to wear certain clothing for being a noble.

So Bami's mom got mad that its dark outside at 3 am, had a mental break..... and proceeded to walk off the map and left the colony. I didn't know they could do that!

I set up a war party to take out that smoke generator, I can't grow any plants cause of these fuckers and soon I'm gonna run out of food.

I'll stick on this side of the building and let them come to me, keep out of view of that turret.

Oh my loving god Gaston can you go one battle where you are not eating a bullet despite being nowhere near the front line?

Some jackass had some tranq grenades and downed Chaos and Gaston.

I swear to god I'm going to find whatever class has this skill and loving delete it :byodood:

Once the enemy flees I get around to destroying the stupid smoke spewer.

I spotted a tail in one of the gibbets.....

Welcome to life! Now put these shackles on.

Upon arriving home an arcane trader wandered through and had a gladiator book. Now to get some gems of physical insight...

Time for the yearly execution! Work on... well frankly everything has been really slow. But I finally got a reliquary up for the blood idol. Also I've been putting in marble slabs over polished marble, as each one gives 3 beauty instead of 2. Which is weird cause it costs 4 more blocks for polished flooring than slabs.

Same, just... same.

Oh. My. God. The gossip in the colony is going to be wild. King now has a -20 mood for 25 days for being cheated on. Their relations with Layla are also in the dumps, -15 for being an ex lover and -70 for being cheated on.

I don't see why this can't count as sleeping together. I'm sure there is at least 1 couple out there who pushed 2 twins together.

Lmao what the gently caress 20 grand? Yeah ok dude.

So when Chaos got KO'd during the smog fight I forgot to pick back up their spear. But thats fine, as they now got one of THESE

Look at all of that damage and piercing! And +.10 speed cause why the hell not? This requires staballoy and components to make. As I get these bigger weapons there are less people using shields, but thats fine that is why we have staballoy chainmail and gallatross leather for!

First batch of pilgrims show up to look upon the Blood Idol. Right when pirates are trying to extort us....

They do not stay long though and leave. And no reward is given :mad:

By the way I also designed what the western part of the colony is gonna look like. That bigger building will be a proper prison. Prisoners don't shake off crypto sickness before the Empire tribute collectors leave. Also I want to make what is the current prison the bathroom for the slave bunks.

Gonna be a while though... I *still* do not have proper flooring or even bathrooms on the other houses. Seriously, those wooden flooring tiles take forever to build. Cugel has 20 construction at this point and it still takes forever to get it all built. I really need to get some more construction pawns....

So that pirate demand? It... didn't pan out. I had an approaching crowd warning and everything but when the timer hit 0 they just... didn't show up. Weird.

Finally managed to convert a prisoner before they went and break out. Now for the slow process of recruiting them into a proper colonist.

Welcome Veloxyll, now that mercenary recruitment is off cooldown. What does is say when you're part of a group of cannibal vikings and yet somehow you're considered psychopathic? Though really the only difference is that Veloxyll will get zero social moodlets, positive or negative. The cannibalism, slave selling, its all the same for everyone else.

... Not that they could socialize anyway, they're mute!

Now I got animal bionics research I go ahead and build a bionic spine for the nightling and everything goes according to plan! Now to wait for the anesthetics to run out and try taming it!

NO! BAD NIGHTLING! DON'T THINK I WONT RESEARCH NEWSPAPER PRINTING SO I CAN ROLL IT UP AND BAP YOU ON THE NOSE!

Wait what the hell, Chaos has 15 animals skill and thats only enough for a 9.8% chance of taming? Considering the thing will attack anyone if it hasn't eaten recently I'm probably better off just waiting until a taming inspiration hits.

Hope it enjoys the boiler room!

Look at all the little baby devil goats :3:

Had some idle hands so I went ahead and cleared the new buildings to be built. Do you now how long it took to get these up? A day. It takes several days to put flooring down in a single room.

Oh neat, a concert with King on percussion harp! What do people think of it?

Leal fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jan 13, 2022

ChaosDragon
Jul 13, 2014
Looks like relationships in our folks is getting complicated.

cugel
Jan 22, 2010
I recommend Search and Destroy for your melee follow up attacks needs: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1467764609

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

cugel posted:

I recommend Search and Destroy for your melee follow up attacks needs: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1467764609

Holy poo poo thank you. Hopefully adding this midgame wont have any unintended side effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Nobody cuddles like Gaston :kimchi: