Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
So... I would have a new update here, except the mechanoids expanded modder pushed an update and now the mech ships are broken, and reading the comments other stuff is broken and the mod author is just replying with the classic "Remove every other mod except mine, and if it works than its something else in your mod list so enable them one by one to figure out whats causing the problem". So lets take a little vacation into a different colony, shall we?

Arcana of Esotericism 1

We'll be embarking in the centerish of the world, next to a road to help us travel to different biomes. "Why are you embarking in a temperate forest for a run that is supposed to be about weird biomes?" Because I want things to be easy going at the main base. Also this tile should be unique.

The Arcana of Esotericism is all about knowledge, whether it is from magic or the local fauna. And we'll need to get on out there to discover all the different types of animals that exist on the planet. With the biological reconstructors meme we will build up a database of animals that we scan, and the more animals we have recorded the higher everyone's mood will be. Preferring magic over technology will have our colonists get a mood bonus for killing mechanoids. And they venerate magic, getting mood bonuses for having mages and seeing spells cast but getting penalties if they kill, imprison or enslave other mages.

Besides that our colonists will also want to travel, getting a mood bonus if they traveled at least once per year, and get a massive 30 mood if they traveled within the past 5 days. Being mages they also prefer ranged weapons. And also being mages, they are nerds that want to read and write books. Besides that they have rather typical precepts.

Not much in the way of roles, in fact only one is somewhat unique to the Transcendent meme. The Void Seeker gets 2 abilities, Mana Storm and Elemental Defenders. Can't wait to see what that entails.

For rituals the Arcane Path will give a magic sensitive pawn a proper magic class. Bestow Magic will make a pawn magically sensitive. With the Astrology meme we also have the Divine the Stars ritual which will cause a random mood bonus or penalty to our pawns for a while. Then we have a dance party and a festival, one that will bring in a venerated animal and the other which will restore 50-100 mana to the mages who attend.

Our relics are an ice wand, an angry doll and a scroll.

Our venerated animals are a royal chocobo, a thunder goat that makes the weather go bad if killed, and a dog that can teleport. Also everyone likes wearing mage robes.

The first wizard is SugarAddict, a geomancer. They're quite abrasive and don't care much for modern comforts, you don't need those when your friends are animated rocks!

BreadMaster is a black mage who enjoys fire, and shooting lots of fire quick.

OneWingedDevil is an Architect, a mage who specializes in construction. They're quick to set down whatever is needed, though they're very particular about where things are set.

And finally JackSplater is an Arcane mage, while they take their time doing things you wont find someone any kinder in the colony.

Don't worry about their skills.

Welcome to our new home, an island in the middle of a lake! I've got a mod that makes some tiles have a unique geological feature in it. So my little academy is going to be within the small island, hell there is a partial ruin already on there that I can build around!

Oh did I mention we're also dropping down with some slimes? I would provide images of the stats and whatever flavor text but uh... there is none, when I look at their description it just says "This came from the slimerancher mod". Anyways we have:

Rocky, the regular green slime. Their plorts can be pressed into jelly.
Yuudai, the fire slime. Their plorts can be pressed into chemfuel
Bobo, the metal slime. Their plorts are pressed into steel.

Besides pressing plorts we can also sell them, eat them or incubate them. Also they're adorable.

I bet your mortal rear end can't even comprehend what has just happened. OneWingedDevil just made a wall out of magic

Whats that? Not enough wood to make all the beds? BAM! Wood, steel and some stone blocks for ya! But that isn't all an architec can do, they also have:

Guided Hands gives a buff to movement and construction speed

Create Door with magic

Create Light that has the bonus of causing anyone nearby to be stunned if they attack it and break it.

Demolish anything built in a small area

Create Mines with magic

Create Turrets with magic that also explode when damaged

Rending Vines will place a patch of thorny vines in an area, kinda like the Gadgeteer but it has a significantly bigger casting radius

Enflame will place a circle of flames around a target

Destabilize will destroy all buildings in an area... and then those buildings will turn into an unstable singularity which will explode.

Fortify will build an enclosed section of walls in an area.

And whats great is a whole lot of this have a massive, if not map wide, casting radius.

I notice everyone's mood absolutely tanking and holy poo poo, are you kidding me? -40 mood for not having any scans? Like right at the start? What the gently caress? The workshop in this picture is the record keeper, thankfully it doesn't require any electricity to function. Without one we cannot scan animals.

I get everyone to scan something, OneWingedDevil, BreadMaster and SugarAddict all scan the slimes...

JackSplater has a tranq rifle and uses it to KO a Gazelle so it'll stand still long enough to be scanned. This gets enough scans in to get our penalty from -40 to -5.

Wow a masterwork on day 1.

Not quite sure how good of an idea it is to have a see through wall making up what is the bathroom but who am I to question wizards, those people are freaks.

An advantage to waking up early, I can do scans while all the animals are asleep.

Sadly the magic door isn't see through. I'm undecided if I want to have all the walls be these see through ones or limestone.

And it is that time and I decide to go with Foxworts cause they're foxgirls and witches get it.

A 4 man raid shows up and I show off BreadMaster here, with their black mage abilities. I gotta say though... on top of trigger happy causing an aim penalty, black mage also gives a massive -40 shooting accuracy. So they aren't hitting poo poo with their wand. Somehow shots end up behind them. Anyways, lets talk blackmage:

First they have a gimmick, just like in FF14, where using ice or fire will give umbral ice or astral fire stacks. Ice will increase the mage's mana, casting speed and damage. Ice attacks also give Umbral Heart, which will massively regenerate mana. Fire spells will massively increase damage and cast speed, but drops the mage's moving speed. Casting the opposite element will drop stacks of a stack, and each ability can stack to 3. IE, if you got 3 astral fire and need to get your mage moving, better get some ice spells out quick. And I believe a majority of the spells don't give arcane weakness, only the bigger abilities. The spells are:

Blizzard does a small AOE attack that that gives Umbral Ice and Heart

Fire is the above but gives Astral Fire

Thunder will damage a target and increase all further damage on them

Blizzaga is blizzard but it has a significantly bigger AOE AND fully cleanses mana sickness and partially cures arcane weakness

Firaga is fire but bigger AOE and cast time

Thundaga is thunder but with an AOE, and can even stack with thunder

Flare will take all of the caster's mana to do a high damage attack that takes time to cast

Umbral Soul will clear out all Astral Fire stacks, give a stack of umbral ice and heart and removes some arcane weakness.

So a lot like in FF14, you would build up all of your astral fire stacks, fire off a flare, umbral soul to cleanse the arcane weakness and get the MP regenerating quickly to do it all again.

Then some manhunting Night Aves attack. I have OneWingedDevil put down a mana turret to help in taking them down. When one of them collapses still living I go ahead and scan them before finishing them off.

Expanded the holding area for our slimes. I'll need to research the ability to put dirt on the ground here so I can grow grass for them. Speaking of research, I am really feeling the pain of having incredibly low research skills on my pawns. So far we only researched... arcane facilities. And that was like a 300 point research. I'm trying to get mana storage researched so OneWingedDevil can regen their mana quicker for faster wall construction but er... I think I may have everything built before we get that research.

Speaking of slimes, I found this gold slime hanging around. While the tame attempt failed.... thats a lot of plorts.

It doesn't come out tamed, but its now inside of our pen! Tamed or not it'll still drop plorts in there. Gold plorts are of course worth a good amount. 9.99 per plort. You can press 5 of them into a single gold, but that will be a value loss.

I set up a wind turbine on the edge of the island and get the kitchen and dining set up. With marble walls to provide privacy for the bathrooms.

A raid shows up in the middle of the night and look at the range of BreadMaster's spells.

First I fire off a blizzaga to slow them down, then a thundaga stuns a group of them

Unfortunately they were able to move before the firaga happened, but OneWingedDevil popped a turret behind them which made them immediately stop to engage. Then a few more blizzards and fires into the group and they retreat.

They didn't get close at all to the island.

OneWingedDevil learns Create Light and I start placing them around the area. Energy free lighting, AND it doesn't require any upkeep on OWD's part.

This may be considered against the spirit of this run, but when traders show up and bring all those animals, may as well scan a few, eh?

Chameleon Yaks are like muffalos, except they can change their fur color.

That one in the center was the same color as the rest, then it stepped onto the sand and it changed yellow. Neat!

Some poachers showed up and one of them decided to throw some molotovs AND a tranq nade on top of their own people.

And they're so focused on the animal they pay no mind to the magical turret that spawned around them.

Leftover weapons along with turning non marble bricks from OWD's abilities into statues has left me with some merchant fodder. I'm gonna say right now: I turned off SRTS for this playthrough. Because where we're going, we don't need shuttles Behold, the teleporter! Part of JackSplater's Arcane mage abilities. It acts like a drop pod, except it'll collapse after some time. And by collapse I mean it'll explode, so don't put it too close to anyone. I use it to send Jack to a nearby settlement and then walk back.

Uh oh, Jack comes across someone being kidnapped while asleep Time to be a drat hero!

Eeer, alright. So you know what happened? There WAS someone hostile here next to Kajdua... who promptly walked off the map. I.. uh... ok. Then some dialogue showed up where the injured person asked to join the colony... and I refused. Sorry bud, mages only.

And an exotic trader just showed up and oooooh, check out what I just bought.

These moths will eat clothing and produce moth silk. I uninstalled Rimfactory as well, this is how I'll reprocess tainted apparel from raiders. I will need to make sure any regular clothing I intend to sell will be kept in an area that the moth cannot access as it has no issues eating textiles made out of its own silk.

I pop open the ancient danger and uh what the gently caress is with all these mechs in it?

While Jack has a tranq rifle they also have access to magic missile, which is different than other classes magic missile. It fires like 20 shots in rapid succession. Let's talk about the Arcanist class! It has a lot of movement based moves, pretty much magic missile is its only offensive move. It has:

Shadow will move the arcanist to where another pawn is at.

Magic Missile fires, at rank 3, 24 shots in 2.4 seconds. Each shot has a 9% chance of making the target confused.

Blink will teleport the arcanist

Summon will bring whatever you click on to the arcanist, whether it be another pawn or an object

Teleport is the spell we've seen before. I'd like to note that this and the last 2 spells can be learned by other mages, but only arcanist can upgrade their spells.

The master spell is Gateway, which opens up portals so you can teleport between player bases.

Despite how populated this ancient danger was, well BreadMaster is kinda OP. Inside is a hermatic crate with a fleshcrafting techprint. I have Jack use it to get that 2k xp.

Some raiders show up and decide to hang around... BreadMaster has flare unlocked.

Need to put more levels into it. If nothing else, the fact BreadMaster can keep slinging spells is getting them up in the levels.

I finally get around to assigning ideology positions. SugarAddict will be the Cultured Philosopher. We get this blue circle around the ritual zone while foreboding music plays.

Hrm, quests like this also give chances to get some valuable scanning data. Bring the swarm!

God, I know these things are called swarmlings but drat they're ugly. And after clearing them out (and getting a scan) they can be butchered for... slug meat :barf:

And with an eclipse hitting the colony, showing off the light I'm getting off the magelight spell, I'll end this update. Everything is enclosed, minus the west side in invisible walls. I left space open on the north and south side to let our colonists enjoy the...beach side? Do lakes have beaches or is that just an ocean thing? Anyways, up north I also placed a huge fishing zone in the water. I've been thinking about how to fit a farmland in the colony but... why not do both sand and water farming?

On the south side I have both the cafeteria and the dorms set up. The dorms will have 8 rooms but remember, there will be a point where a group will be traveling around to the other biomes to see the fauna there. On the northern side there will be the storage and crafting stuff. Then the east will hold research and the library. Gonna be fun trying to get flooring down here on the island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Don't worry about the bathroom having see through walls, it's a new trend in architecture:

https://twitter.com/Guestyperson/status/1541061044579143681

(Also, lakes do have beaches, there are a bunch of lovely lakes in the Italian Alpine foothills and the temperature gets worryingly high in summer, the beaches and water are very nice places to cool off in the middle of the day, when the pavement starts melting.)

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

SIGSEGV posted:

Don't worry about the bathroom having see through walls, it's a new trend in architecture:

https://twitter.com/Guestyperson/status/1541061044579143681

(Also, lakes do have beaches, there are a bunch of lovely lakes in the Italian Alpine foothills and the temperature gets worryingly high in summer, the beaches and water are very nice places to cool off in the middle of the day, when the pavement starts melting.)

Why the gently caress does it even have a fireplace?

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
In all likelihood it was there already and they didn’t want to take it down.

That’s still some dystopia level poo poo at any rate.

OneWingedDevil
Aug 27, 2012
I had wanted to be a robot, but holy poo poo being an architect is better. That's a lot of utility spells to make base building easier, and some light support to help distract in a fight too. I approve.

And feel free to keep shortening my name to OWD, I know it's a pain to type out each time. :v:

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

tag yourself i'm the E at the bottom right

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Good to see this updating again, look like it's gonna be magical.

Little slimes going about the world makes it roughly 10x better of a world.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
You've got some complex modpacks for each of the colonies; Rimworld of Magic in my experience is a really heavy and all-encompassing mod that basically takes balance and gives it a swirlie.

Also I had a skiphound in one colony and learned that it was almost impossible to keep tame; its random teleporting meant it was nearly impossible for a handler to be near it for long enough to complete a training session.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Arcana of Esotericism 2

Fishing is a good way to train animals, better than seeking out wild animals to try and tame. I need to get someone to 8 animals.

And something I forgot to show off last time, when clicking on the database we can have it show a genome list, showing every animal in the game and whether we have it scanned or not. At this point I have 7.7% of everything scanned. Also interesting to note that even summons count for this. Wait does that mean that-

Oh god no.

With that horrible realization to the side, have I ever mentioned tree extracting and replanting? No need to research tree planting, you can just nab one from the wild and replant it back at base! You got 7 days to replant a tree you extracted, otherwise it'll die.

So I'm bringing some fruit trees back to the colony, not only will they provide produce but they'll also decorate the center road! I can throw down a grow zone under each one, forbid sowing and our colonists will gather when the trees are ready for harvest.

Now the hauling situation is kinda bad, I mean what with the tub of crap right in the middle of the walk way....

Well meet this new addition to our colony!

Not only will this adorably ugly thing be able to haul, but it can even mine for us! Why should mages do such menial work when there is knowledge to obtain? Now we just need to wait for it to get all the training needed... Oh and I named this Groundrunner to HereticMIND. Hey, this colony is supposed to have a focus on animals!

Also as an aside, these eat corpses as well. Just saying... might be nice for them to haul a body out of the way then feast on them. Actually... looking it up, so do the slimes :getin:

Well aint that sweet.

I wanted to test something. See those glowing orbs? Well they WERE some regular ol' arcane walls...

And now they blow'd up. Dear god Architect is crazy good.

Oh thats cool, what is this?

Oh god WHAT

So hey we got a muffalo +1. This particular one has a health effect of "good carry weight" which gives them an extra 10 to carry weight. In total they can carry almost 100 KG which is pretty sweet. Shame its currently winter, with all that entails with travel speed. Oh and gigantelopes can be milked, so we got that coming in as well.

I get a notification about a break risk and oh dear, that is quite the mood penalty. Another colonist has "Stars are a bad omen" with a -20 mood penalty.

Let us divinate the stars, and hope for a better outcome! Also when your brain is a sledgehammer, everything looks like a nail. While JackSplater and Breadmaster's ill omens are unchanged, OWD got a "Stars are good" for +5 mood and SugarAddict got a "Stars are excellent" for a +10 mood.

gently caress yes!

We got our own chocobo! Meet Vichan, the first of our horsebird fleet. Besides mounting them like usual they also work for riding in a caravan, increasing the speed by 60%. I get a few more of these and caravanning is a go!

Also they are smart enough to be trained in hauling.

Speaking of animals, Heretic got the training needed to start mining. Besides clearing out our steel and compact machinery veins, we also need some digging done to get magicyte.

And of course hauling the stuff right on back to base. Heretic is a tank.

I did some expanding on the pen, connecting to a barn for the animals to sleep in. I had to get a heater installed because the slimes were getting frostbite. Also I threw corpses in there for the animals to eat, I eventually put a wall around them so colonists walking into the barn wont see them.

I also set up a power and plumbing room on the southern beach. While I would like to use magic for power, its taking really long to research stuff to make scrolls. Why did I make a colony of supposed scholars when their research skills are so bad?

Behold! A stone golem! This is made at the stone cutter block and requires 6 construction skill, 300 blocks, 100 steel and 100 magictye. It requires charging up before being able to move. While dormant we can do several things to it...

There is the golem menu which lets us set various things for it, including which golemancer is the master of the golem. I clicked on the golem name bit and it isn't doing anything :shrug:. Besides that we can change various settings on it, like if it'll follow its master at all times or only when drafted, where it'll go when it goes dormant and if it'll continue pursuing targets through doors or outside its allowed zone. We can make it stay dormant when upgrading which is a good idea, if a golem is activated mid upgrade that upgrade is lost. Then locking down its abilities when dormant, that uses power so its up to you if you want it to use abilities and take longer to get fully charged or not.

Then the sliders effect how far away a hostile is before it'll engage, how much energy it'll need to have to use abilities, how much energy it'll have remaining before returning to recharge and when it'll turn back on by itself.

Then there are upgrades we can put on the golem. The options are:

Part Restoration, costing 80 stone blocks and 10 magicyte to replace a missing part

Energy Cell, costs 10 jade, 60 magicyte and 2 gold that'll increase maximum energy by 120

Energy Converter, 5 gold and 100 magicyte, increases the efficiency of energy charging and expanding by 10%

Energy Generator, 10 silver, 40 magicyte, 40 stone blocks, has the golem generate 4 energy per hour

Hardening, 50 steel and 50 stone blocks, increases a golems Blunt/Sharp/Heat armor by 4/11/6%

Frame Tier, 100 stone blocks, can be done 3 times to increase a golems movement by 10/20/30% and health by 40/70/100%

Compactor, 120 steel and 25 magicyte, will let a golem crush stone chunks into bricks.

Now, OWD can make bricks out of nothing, and we got a combined several thousand of non marble bricks...

And while we're on the subjects of golems, may as well talk about SugarAddict's Golemancer job, yeah? Besides working with golems they have a few abilities that work with regular pawns, like what is going on in this picture. SugarAddict is putting a brand on OWD, which will make their mood increase faster and decrease slower.

Brands will give a penalty to the golemancer's mana regeneration. They can give a brand of emotion which I described above, or a brand of vitality which increases a pawn's health, healing rate and disease resistance. They can dispel all brands at any time.

They also have 2 other abilities, Sigil Surge and Sigil Drain. Surge will super charge everyone's brand at the cost of triplling the energy drain from the golemancer as well as causing pain. Drain will give the brand bonuses to the golemancer, while causing pain to anyone who is branded.

Then there is Rune Carving, which is a surgery that gives permanent bonuses to the receiving pawn's body parts. The success rate is based on crafting, art and the Rune Carving skill's level. Each procedure will require 225 magicyte, 2 mana potions and a medicene

Golemancers can also turn a wall into a living thing. A connected set of walls will be able to house one creature that moves about the wall and will attack enemies and fix itself.

Then there is Golemancy itself, a golemancer can upgrade their skills to increase a golems movement and damage reduction, increase the golem's consciousness and can buff the golemancer's work speed, research speed and injury recovery rate. I maxed out that last one, and now SugarAddict gets a 26% buff to their work and research speed and a massive 250% bonus to healing. I wonder if this bonus can stack cause if it can... hoo boy.

Don't you just wanna pinch his cheek analogue? He can do hauling and cleaning, prioritizing the hauling first.

Having some food issues, I had to go out and kill a rino to get meat but the veg is becoming a problem as its winter for a while longer...

But my man Randy has sent some help my way. I have to tweak animal meal restrictions, making a "corpse" one to make drat sure the slimes and Heretic eats corpses. This way I'm not making a whole bunch of kibble.

Pictured, a golem with a teeny broom.

And then BreadMaster decides to torch the colony, and I gotta keep OWD on top of them to both extinguish the fire and to fix up the fencing to make sure I don't have a problem where all my penned animals run off. Maybe its time to upgrade the fencing to something less flammable...

Our colony's first mech cluster. Those are certainly some structures, aren't they?

What happens if I cast this here...

:lmao:

That ability gets rid of turrets too? Oh man... Sure I can't get any of the materials from them, but thats fine. However there was an issue that popped up... trying to destroy the smoke spewer up top. Turns out wand stuff doesn't really do a good job at destroying buildings, and BreadMaster's black mage spells are doing jack to it. It takes a very long time to actually destroy it.

Slowly filling in the academy. Since we have effectively infinite wood I start throwing down wooden flooring inside the buildings. Besides generic "wood" there is also a walnut, birch and mahogany option. I go with mahogany parquet floors. And then on the edges of the walkways I want to put down lawns and throw trees along it.

I get BreadMaster out hunting by flaring a bunch of gigantelopes. I wasn't expecting them to all go on revenge though...

Being able to just throw a turret down wherever is nice. Also pictured, Heretic carrying an ibex.

Thats an... interesting place to throw a party.

Looks like some other people want to par- what the gently caress are those?

Skeletons? Now THATS some spooky poo poo.

Quite brave to be clumping up in groups like that. The vines kept them locked down, the turret kept them from trying to head to the entrance, and of course BreadMaster AOE'd them to submission.

And now some black insectoids. I think Randy is bored, there was an event earlier that made all the local raccoons turn manhunter.

And hey, the cooldown for the mana turret is shorter than how long said turrets last, so we can have multiple. Neat! And speaking of these turrets.... these are so much better than regular turrets, like they actually hit what they're shooting at.

These two are the only ones that got knocked down so I could scan them. I kinda wanna keep a blackspider, sadly there is no tame option on them so I can't rescue them and try when they wake up.

Meet the Maharal Golem! This requires less stone blocks, but it'll need hay and lightleather to make. It gets a bunch of the same upgrades as the stone golem, but there are 2 other options it can get:

Power, which costs 200 silver and 50 magicyte, will have the golem generate power while dormant.

Heat, costing 70 steel and 50 magicyte, will let the golem generate heat when dormant. I'm... not sure the numbers but thats half the fun, isn't it?

Its quicker than the stone golem but not as durable, unsurprisingly. And I think it recharges faster. Also a bunch of the matching upgrades the stone golem gets will have the stone blocks swapped out for different types of leathers, for example getting more armor will require heavy fur.

Well aint that nice. Of course that means either BreadMaster or SugarAddict are going to be pissed that their shared bedroom is too nice/awful.

And look at what I spotted in the lake!

Aint this the most adorable thing? Tabby Slimes require meat or corpses for food.

So I wanted to test something and it turns out the Architect's destabilize ability instantly destroys mechoid ship parts

Randy apparently wasn't happy with that cause he promptly sent a raid of tribals. Which is actually kinda nice cause some of them had jade. I need to get a hundred jade to get the arcane forge up so I can start turning all these boulders into magicyte, but none of the nearby friendly settlements have any :argh:

A complex shows up relating to one of our relics, the screaming idol one. I send BreadMaster, SugarAddict and a golem to go scope it out.

Who needs fighter classes to hold the front line when you have golems

Its a drat shame I don't know how I can rename these.

This only got knocked down instead of killed and whoa, thats kinda rad. Wish I could get one.

Imagine being asleep in a cryptocasket for however many years and then you wake up to a golem punching the poo poo out of you.

In fact, let's go and recreate this back at home.

Er... ok? A bunch of random animals and only 3 non hostile pawns. Was kinda hoping one of them would've had jade, but no. Why is jade so drat rare?

And look at what showed up back at base? Now we got our own aurora generating moth!

This quest pops up and you know what, I take it. I have so much excess blocks that I could use a good way to spend it all.

When you accept these monument quests you get a marker drop podded that you can place wherever. Then you click on it and it'll show what is all needed, floors, doors, walls, etc. You can then select "place blueprint" of whatever material to have it all be placed down.

I get desperate and end up using JackSplater's teleport to visit a nearby mage settlement and they had some jade. Now the slow walk back, or until their teleport ability gets off cooldown (and they get far enough for me to set up camp to cast it)

Finally, I can start getting rid of all the boulders around the base. I'm getting some cotton growing so I can finally start making spell scrolls. For now it'll be a bunch of utility spells which I haven't shown off in any of my colonies.

2 deep 4 me

Also I've went ahead and placed down lawns on the edges of the walkway and started throwing a bunch of crops. So these two are having their deep conversation in a field of rice.

Back to the spells for a minute, those two pink orbs here are power nodes. Each one generates 600W of uninterrupted power, but it lowers a mage's max mana by 25 and reduces mana regen by 25%. Its a good thing I can make magicyte off boulders now, I need to make manaweave and enchanting stones to get more mana in the mages.

As to why BreadMaster is currently riding Vichan...

Sometimes its just faster to go out there and set everyone on fire, yeah? And whats great, the penalty for getting umbral fire is being slowed down, but that doesn't apply when you're on a horse-bird!

I got soil reclamation researched so I can start putting soil down over the sand and use it to grow crops for the animals. Got the flooring set for the library area, maybe I'll replace the ironwood flooring in the bedrooms with mahogany floors. Slowly but surely the colony is coming along. Maybe next update I'll actually leave and go out exploring!

At this point I have 11% animals scanned.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
So the mages have robots now too. The question begs to be answered though: would the golems be allowed into the orgies or are they discriminated against too? :(

OneWingedDevil
Aug 27, 2012
Can the golemancer's living wall ability work on an architect's arcane wall creations? Does it work at a distance so you wall someone in and have the wall immediately tear into them?

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010
I love the image of me just firmly holding the thing that can survive in red dwarfs and telling it to be tame.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Slaan posted:

So the mages have robots now too. The question begs to be answered though: would the golems be allowed into the orgies or are they discriminated against too? :(

Looks like golems can't participate in any rituals at all.

OneWingedDevil posted:

Can the golemancer's living wall ability work on an architect's arcane wall creations? Does it work at a distance so you wall someone in and have the wall immediately tear into them?

I'm going to assume they can since the arcane walls can be effected by destabilize. As for the range, I'm not sure. I need to get a master scroll to unlock the spell first.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Neat! I'm going to laugh at how painful it will be for you to make your own mana potions though. I've never seen the architect or the golemmancer mage classes before.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Jul 8, 2022

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Arcana of Esotericism 3

And monument complete, just gotta keep it safe for 15 days. Even if it gets wrecked we'll still come out with positive relations.

This is located outside the bridge leading to the island and well, I'm not SAYING it will happen, but if any raiders decide they want to hang around that monument, it would work out pretty nice for the destabilize spell...

There has been this faction that visits every now and then, the Sacrilege Hunters. Everytime they come over there is a second pawn with a question mark on them who gets the "talk" option. This is part of the Caravan Adventures mod

We get some dialogue! Clicking on the bottom option it continues (bold is my reply):

quote:

[Kally gives you a tired but beautiful smile] That's kind of you.

[Kally takes a deep breath and her eyes glance over the village and beyond]
This is a fantastic village, it fades in with the beautiful nature all around perfectly. How are you guys doing here?

That's... nice of you to say, thanks. We've put a lot of work into it so far, I hope we'll make it through the winter

I'm sure you'll be fine. We started building a settlement not far from here. Hopefully Jack runs out of booze soon, so he can finally plan out the rest of the buildings. Our constructors are anxious to get to work.

Anyway, you should come visit us when we're done and give us a chance to repay you guys for your hospitality. [You notice Kally starting to relax and smile]

Thanks, we'll be happy to come visit. What brings you guys here?

I'm not typing all this poo poo out :mad:

Please god don't let this story line devolve into a love story. We are now allied with these people and we got a free vanometric power cell, which gives free energy. This should also fire off the caravan adventures quest.

I split the library room up so I can have one room be the temple, or the Sanctum for this ideology. Can't have it be in the same room as the research benches cause of the "no workshop" rule that'll happen when people complain about the symbol being disrespected.

As an aside, it sucks that I can't make the symbol out of anything other than steel, unless I'm completely missing something.

Pft, you expect that to intimidate me? It really wont have any effect because I also turned off hospitality for this run, so I don't even have to care about male guests being unhappy.

Oh gently caress yes! Devilstrand will be needed for higher tiered scrolls, so I can get some of the stuff without needing to worry about growing it. Especially since this colony has a really short growing season. Also this was from a bulk trader and holy poo poo I had over 2.5k steel that I offload a bunch of to pay for these devil sheeps.

Though speaking of growing crops, in the currently unused building I do a few things. First I install the heat power on the maharal golem, though that only manages to get an extra 20 degrees of heat in the room. Then that little flame on the right is a magical heater that OWD cast. It reduces max mana by 25 to upkeep. Then I have JackSplater cast a sunlight spell which requires a massive 40 mana to upkeep AND reduces mana regeneration by 40%. But I can get some more cotton coming in so I can not only make scrolls but I also want to make manaweave.

Clothing made out of manaweave gets a bonus when enchanted, so everyone is wearing manaweave stuff. Right now I'm making wizard hats for everyone as they're comparatively cheaper, next I'll make some kickin' rad cloaks for everyone.

Got this quest and hell yes, I need that jade. And I want to try and get one of those aves for myself. Well unfortunately I wont be able to do that last bit, I need someone with 8 medical and the highest I got is 6 :(

They look so cool, I wish I could have one.

Brambles and a blizzaga to slow them down, a flare to deal some damage. Oh and OWD now has Create Mine so I threw one in the middle of that blob as well.

Any survivors must survive the golems. I should make a few more golems to make a proper wall. You know a downside to the golem hauling? They can't use the storage buildings to store stuff, so I have to make colonists put stuff away in shelves every now and then.

Anyways today's menu has been changed to baked ave thighs in apricot sauce.

Pft, these people are supposed to be tomb raiders but they can't even handle an ancient danger? Guess we'll go and help them out.

As an aside, I feel like that PS really clashes with how urgent "We're getting murdered by robots HELP" is. And I'm getting concerned at the romance vibes that is going on with the dialogue, SugarAddict is already in a relationship.

I set up a teleporter pod and launch everyone on over. Pft, solar panels and wood generators, what a bunch of tryhards. Its all about energy produced via the arcane

Kally, let's just be friends.

Alright let's do this thi-

...What... what the gently caress :psyduck: 54 centipedes, 29 lancers, 12 pikeman and 31 scythers? Are you loving joking me?

Every single one of them drop podded into a building, destroying the roofs :lol:

God this is such a loving clusterfuck. I turn off fire at will cause I already lost some relations hitting someone in the cross fire.

I move everyone up to get away from the massive amounts of gunfire and explosions and poo poo going on.

Once this pops up we can leave. The quest updates and says something like "Leave or stay and fight, the hunters would make good allies for future battles to come" but like half of them are already dead and thats JUST from the scythers and lancers, the centipedes haven't even closed in yet.

Like I aint dealing with this poo poo.

Looks like the hunters don't want to deal with it either.

After leaving the base is destroyed and we get another quest talking about whispers from the anima tree back at base.

Oh and its not just flavor text, there is this constant garbled warble warble like I'm playing Star Fox on the SNES going on and its annoying as poo poo.

Accepting this has given SugarAddict a psylink, a psy ability that makes them move faster (and possibly any caravan they're in?) for 3 days and an ancient gift buff that helps with their psyfocus abilities... and a bunch of melee buffs. Thanks :geno:

I take a peak at my pawn's mood and apparently they all decided to consider several of the sacrilege hunters as friends and so they now have a bunch of mood maluses for 18 days, fantastic.

Speaking of the hunters, they have now put a bounty on mechs. Every kill gives credits which we can turn in for various fun prizes.

And now for the next stage of the questline, searching through shrines. Let's see where this is...

Just on the very edge of the world on an ice sheet, no big deal. Thankfully there is an option to give up on the clue so I go ahead and do that in hopes another one shows up that isn't in such a ludicrous place.

I got another rock golem built, this one out of limestone. It seems the material also effects their health, checking out the chest section shows the limestone golem having 15 less health.

Wow that was pretty quick, seems like just yesterday they started going out. Also I couldn't be any happier that they'll both have the last name Schwartz.

Now take a look at this!

Organics go in, materiel comes out. And JackSplater just happened to have a taming inspiration... So BraveLittleToaster here will be converting say... corpses into stuff. And yes, we can analyze this like a biological creature.

Its possible to mount one of these, unfortunately they have an extremely slow move speed so it isn't worth it. Unless we wanted to float over the water surrounding the island.

Now I got the typewriter researched, part of the books expanded mod. A prerequisite is just regular writing with a quill and pen, and while that would be more wizardry; its slower than a typewriter and making a book is already incredibly labor intensive. Like 5.5k labor intensive.

I've also decided this room will hold the magic circle, since it'll be considered a "workshop" and will disgrace the sanctum.

One of these popped up, the vest is whatever, but I can use that uranium.

Also that is a rather unfortunate name. RTR is my most popular google search

Couldn't you have crash landed any further from the base :mad:

Cause then poo poo like this happens :byodood:

I admire the fakeout Allen pulled off. They put down a bubble so I think they're gonna hang out in there, turns out they have a melee weapon and come rushing out after SugarAddict.

This screenshot is to both show off OWD's kickin' rad cloak but also I laughed at "Feeling groovy". To make sure our manaweave clothing lasts I have SugarAddict learn spell mending to keep everyone's equipment in top shape.

And congrats to the married couple :toot: I tried to get the other golem to stand on the other side but they were too slow. Clearly these two will need to go on a honeymoon to celebrate proper.

A join offer popped up and I accepted and Slaan comes strutting in. Hey, someone who can be a trader and help patch up people will be helpful. Sure I will (eventually) have heal spells on everyone, but that doesn't help with diseases and infections. Also next time a manhunter pack comes in, now I have someone who can cure the scaria.

Also I am just realizing that the mage robes are considered a middle layer and not an outer layer piece of clothing, interesting. So I can make them wear a wizard robe with a robe so they can wizard while robe or something.

Now that we have a non mage in the colony, let's go ahead and make BreadMaster a Star-Touched...

I get a pew thrown down and then fire off an ascension ritual.

Its even got some nifty animations!

Not only was the ritual completely flawless which also revealed an ancient complex...

But Slaan also gets a set class that they can become if we do the Enlightenment ritual. Of course if we don't want this we can turn them into a mage the old fashion way.

But I do want a rune knight. The ritual does replenish everyone's mana by 50-100 so I'll wait a day to do this. Get some manaweave and magicyte crystals made first.

During the night a gold meteor slammed over a geyser. Thankfully this doesn't result in the geyser being plugged up. I think this is the only colony where I don't beeline to geysers.

I go ahead and perform the ascension ritual and... for some reason Slaan dipped out, so BreadMaster had to go out after them in the storage room.

Must be awkward for everyone in the sanctum.

See, this is why I need someone with high medic skills! While Slaan is taking care of that, let's talk about the Rune Knight class. Their deal is that they have access to a rune pool and their spells go off this rune pool. They can make runes ahead of time, up to 20, by using some mana and a lengthy cool down. Thankfully that can be set to autocast so they'll top themselves over time without you needing to babysit the timer. Their abilities are (each ability uses 1 rune, unless stated otherwise):

Blinkstep, which will teleport the user

Chains of Light which will damage and stun a target

Light's Authority will summon a pawn next to the user

Drain will drain the mana of another pawn, or give them a bunch of debuffs if they are not a mage

Blessing of Fury will increase a target's accuracy, manipulation and gives them haste for 4 runes

Blessing of Light will greatly heal a target for 3 runes

Blessing of Courage will cast a shield over a target that absorbs damage for 4 runes

Orb of Light is a large AOE that needs 4 runes to cast

Then there is of course Create Rune, besides adding a rune to their pool it also gives a small bonus to skill gain and research speed for a bit.

You... You traitorous fox! After everything I done for you!

Also seems whoever wrote this code didn't have the script check for the traitor's gender.

BreadMaster uses thunder to stun Slaan, then I lock the place down and have JackSplater use that tranq rifle.

Hope you enjoy the cuffs! Now the brainwashing begins!

Oh... well isn't that convenient?

Welcome back!

Leal fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Jul 10, 2022

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
That's why I don't like recruiting people who offer to join. I swear there's something wrong with the algorhythm because I swear eventually it's a 100% chance for them to turn traitor or turn out to be a cannibalistic monster or something.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
That was actually my first time ever getting a traitor event because generally I never accept wanderers. I am really picky and I don't want to take anyone in sight unseen, as usually they're an abrasive pyromaniac who refuses to do dumb or skilled labor.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
That, too, for why wanderers suck.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

That was certainly some very forum RPG writing on that Caravan questline.
Lots of forced melodrama and underlying angst.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

This is why I have all my mages learn the rain spell.

Are you sure you didn't install a Visual Novel mod?

Also are you going to equip your mages with guns or are you staying to magic weapons.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
It’s funny how quickly my opinion changed on the caravan quest.

“Oh, this quest thing is neat for more content.”

“Oh…..”

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

SugarAddict posted:

Also are you going to equip your mages with guns or are you staying to magic weapons.

I want to stick with magic weapons with a few tranq weapons for scanning purposes.

Keldulas posted:

It’s funny how quickly my opinion changed on the caravan quest.

“Oh, this quest thing is neat for more content.”

“Oh…..”

Yeeeeah, it looked cool that there is a storyline so there is a goal to work towards besides "research, get off planet" but the dialogue is just not that good. Maybe not having the quest NPC hold hands, blush and embrace the pawn they're speaking with (or "you", as the dialogue switches it up) will have me take it more seriously. Maybe a letter saying "Holy poo poo we're being murdered" shouldn't have a PS of them fondly remembering the single conversation we had before.

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010

Leal posted:

Welcome back!

"Yes I'm aware that you did just try to destroy us, but have you reconsidered re-enrolling to Foxwarts?"

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Leal posted:

I want to stick with magic weapons with a few tranq weapons for scanning purposes.

I should have asked if you will use shield belts because the only weapons you have that can reasonably kill mechanoids will be blunt weapons or summons or spells, and mana shields may not tank enough damage.

Also are you still using the level up mod?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Breadmaster posted:

"Yes I'm aware that you did just try to destroy us, but have you reconsidered re-enrolling to Foxwarts?"

Do you have dental? Those dicks canceled mine when I "left". If so, I'm in

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Breadmaster posted:

Kin League of Foxo

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Really they went all out for this traitorous scheme considering that faction are only humans.

SugarAddict posted:

I should have asked if you will use shield belts because the only weapons you have that can reasonably kill mechanoids will be blunt weapons or summons or spells, and mana shields may not tank enough damage.

Also are you still using the level up mod?

I do, but thus far everyone is still at level 0 cause hardly any of them ever get hit :v: Hopefully golems will work out fine as tanks, though sadly they do not get to benefit from the level up stuff when hit.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Arcana of Esotericism 4

So this has happened, a siege showed up but the raiders just... aren't building up the artillery. So they're just sitting around out there. You do you I guess.

That is a rather sizeable stack of components though...

*yoink*

Now they CAN'T build the artillery!

Shortly before those raiders showed up an animal transport pod crashed down and out came Ollie here.

So this little guy will reproduce in a while, I think every 2 weeks? And they produce blue gel that is used for some things, which I do want to show off. Though with how ungodly slow the research is going, that may be a while :shepface:

Oh and these dudes explode on death so uh... may be best to not slaughter them. There is a cap for how many of these can be on a map, so eventually the splitting stops.

Eventually the raiders get bored and finally attack.

Slaan decides to throw a party to make up for being a traitor... in an empty room. No, I do not know why all the parties that are held in this colony are in random rear end areas :psyduck:

Colony is looking pretty good, say enough that some people can head on out? Yeah, I think its time.

I send SugarAddict with Vichan to blaze a trail to a new colony and holy poo poo looks at these aves!

I am using the tame designation for the first time ever to make drat sure we get them all! I especially want that red and black one!

Quit failing you assholes :argh:

While that is going on, SugarAddict arrives at their destination: A gelatinous superorganism biome. With caravan adventures we have a few different options with our caravan, including a very useful "night travel" function that'll keep caravans going through the night, though mind your pawn's rest need.

Gotta say, SugarAddict did pretty good work considering they had no materials. I believe it is always set up like this (if you don't have camp supplies, which I think is purchase only). All the walls are makeshift leather tent walls with a whopping 80 durability, the sleeping bags are all makeshift sleeping bags. Though I did have an angel moth silk double bedroll made for SugarAddict to sleep in. The camp also comes with a stoneblock cutter, a butcher table, a tailor bench and a research bench.

The main purpose of this camp is to get scans of all the local fauna and to look at what each biome is like.

Gotta say though, this map layout is pretty sweet. Note that the tile I settled on is a flat tile, yet there are mountains here. Thats because the people who made the mod that puts different geological set ups also has one that will have the surrounding biome also generate. Technically the southeast of the map is temperate forest, and because those tiles did have hills on them it generated a cliff along the south and east parts of the map. Let's take a closer look at some of the surroundings.

So that part above the red line is liquid slime, which is effectively water. It reduces walk speed by 30% and we can both grow aqua crops over it as well as fish in it. I'm kinda curious about that last part...

Inbetween the red and blue is slimy mud which brings walk speed down to 52%

Below that is hardened slime ground which brings walk speed to 87% and has 10% fertility.

On the right side is slime grass which has 81% walk speed and 100% fertility. The tall grass growing around here is also called tall slimy grass.

There are two different types of... "plants" that can be harvested for slime.

"Trees" which produce no wood, but more slime.

And boulders which yield not stone bricks but, yes, more slime. According to the stonecutter workshop order: Turn hardened slime into "food" Now our colonists probably don't want to eat this but what about the animals? Speaking of animals, doesn't look like there is any interesting ones thus far, though the mountains have some caves and thus insectoids within. I could grab their scans while I'm here for a bit.

Alright I admit it, I had SugarAddict eat one of these. No negative thoughts, I guess the ascetic trait is also effected by these.

I shuttle over BreadMaster, OWD, the tabby slime as I consider that BreadMaster's pet, and HereticMIND for their digging capabilities. OWD is going to build some bathroom stuff as well as place down magelights before returning to base. I was going to bring a golem with but there is a bug where drop podding with a golem just deletes the drop pod when it lands, items and pawns as well. But later on what I do is have a golem deactivate, then uninstall it so it is a furniture item and then I ship that over.

Oh and I taught SugarAddict the teleport spell so I can ship OWD back, and I can always have everyone do an emergency bug out in case things go south.

:getin: SilentSnack joins the bird armada.

I get a latrine and wash tub set up for hygiene purposes, a well to get water from, oh and I got a vanometric power cell sent over to power a stove.

And holy poo poo, first try BreadMaster tames a skiphound first try. Meet Calamitous, the teleporting dog.

I send over a magic cooler scroll for SugarAddict to learn, now the food is properly frozen. The upkeep for this spell is 25 mana. Now that food is handled, I'll have an art table fired over so SugarAddict can use up whatever blocks we still have while BreadMaster uses the research table. Whatever animals that happen to die can also have their leather converted into hats for merchant fodder and for grinding up the crafting skill.

And hell yes, we got the kickin' rad ave. Speaking of the aves... This and the last one are female. But Vichan is a male. Might be time to swap the aves around?

Speaking of the other colony, I adjust SugarAddict and BreadMaster's schedules so they can sneak in and get some analyzing done. It was also useful to have Calamitous sleeping so I could analyze her.

Despite the fact there is slime all over and stuff, BreadMaster nor SugarAddict can do any botany so its not even like I'm harvesting the slime plants here.

Maybe I shouldn't be concerned with breeding aves, we now have number 4 with ChaosDragon here. As to why they're injured, there was a failed tame attempt that led to them attacking JackSplater. Copious use of blink and tranq rifle kept things from getting too troublesome.

Oh and I remembered to change some mod settings around and now everyone will ride a mount to a job if its far enough away, so Slaan is just boosting through the colony dragging a rotten body to outside of the animal barn.

Its pretty great actually, Slaan bursted into the fridge and dropped off a bunch of food, then zoomed off to the barn to drop off kibble and hay, then right back to the kitchen to hop off and enjoy a meal. You know travel time is usually one of the bigger things you plan your colony around...

A raid showed up and this lets me show off a new addition to our golem collection: The hallow golem. These are made out of magic that inhabit a suit of armor. These are made on the arcane forge and require 250 steel, 150 plasteel, a whopping 1 thousand silver and 400 magicyte. Its got its own set of upgrades and abilities, if the fact that it has a ranged attack wasn't enough of a difference from the other golems:

Mana Cells require 200 magicyte, 10 gold and 50 jade to increase its mana max. The description for these golems make it sound like they have an effect on mana regeneration in the colony, so I'll keep to just this one for now.

Mana Converter increases the effeciency of mana by 10% for 20 gold and 250 magicyte

Mana Polarity gives the golem an extra 6 mana per hour for 20 gold and 50 jade

Then there are different affinities you can give the golem:

Fire will give the golem orange eyes and increase their movement by 25/40/50% and health by 40/60/75% for 100 steel, 250 magicyte and 100 chemfuel per tier

Water gives light blue eyes and increases movement by 20/30/35% and their health by 50/75/90% for 100 steel, 250 magicyte and 50 silver.

Arcane gives magenta eyes and increases movement by 15/25/30% and health by 55/85/100% for 100 steel, 250 magicyte and 1 minor arcane gem of resistance

Death gives green eyes and increases movement by 10/15/20% and health by 65/90/110% for 100 steel, 250 magicyte and 1 hood of madness

There are a few other upgrades available for it that I need to research. With my ungodly slow research speed.... I'm just gonna research the master scrolls and then beeline to the hi tech research benches.

God drat finally finished a single book. Some.. interesting material in this book. But now I could have other pawns read this and get some skill in construction. Not only does this give recreation but it actually throws a lot of experience at a pawn. Like a session of reading got JackSplater about 2k experience in construction, of course they also got a flame in it so it probably isn't as good for those without a flame.

I had BreadMaster do some fishing in the slime and turns out there is some weird rear end fish in there:

Jelly fungus: This strange organism seems to be part jellyfish and part fungus. Its taste has been described as "Mushroom sprinkled with salty water"

Mud splasher carp: A species of oily freshwater fish from the family Cyprinidae. These carps are fond of mud-saturated waters, where they remain motionless, buried in the mud, and wait for prey to come within ambush distance before pouncing.

Spiderfish: This strange mutant creature seems to be part fish, part spider. It weaves intricate spider webs underwater, trapping its prey and weaving cocoons around it.

Yummy!

Looking around Glorp camp and I spot this.

Self replicating blobs that explode when they die, how terrifying. I think this may be the only real unique creature here. Other creatures I have around right now that I can scan are:

Boomalopes
Donkeys
Megaspider
Spelopede
Megascarab
Capybara
Cassowary
Tortoise
Chinchillas

Hrm, a chinchilla would be nice to grab and start breeding for their fur. If this wasn't a colony of mages who don't care for luxuries.

Back at home I do some reworking in the cafeteria and OWD makes a very fancy dining chair for people to sit on. This whole time everyone has been eating on that steel table from the ruin and sitting on stools, time to move on up to something a bit fancier. The table is a birch table, with the chairs being walnut. I plan on shrinking the dining area cause for the most part everyone will be out camping and so I can make a bigger kitchen with extra cooking stations... whenever I can research them.

Also I taught Slaan magic cooler so now our food storage is safe from all forms of solar flare fuckery!

Oh drat, one of the magic events happened, the one that isn't bullshit demons! This is a rift that spawns elements that attack the base, in this case its some water elements. Besides causing a cold snap to happen...

Ice balls come crashing down all over the map, causing AOEs when they land. Other elemental rifts will have their own version of an AOE storm raining across the map, so you don't want to dwadle on this.

How about we get some elementals of our own?

Somehow the world didn't collapse from there being 2 rifts in the same area, so thats nice. Whats coming out are lesser earth elementals.

For some reason there is a rad slime belonging to another faction hanging around and the elemental decided to attack them, ignoring SugarAddict and BreadMaster blasting away at it.

Another reason to not wait around, more elements come out of the rift over time. This is a good way to show off the difference between the lesser and normal elementals.

Glorious element on element violence!

Oh and while these elementals pass out, can give them a quick scan to add to the database.

Our rift also continuously produces elementals, even bringing a non lesser element out. They act like tamed animals and you are supposed to use zones to move them around, so I placed a zone around the rift and set the elements all to it.

Also I think there is something going on with the rift that is turning random animals into manhunter so the elements are going around killing random animals.

Counter to everything I know, my ground and rock type pokemon win out over the water ones. And when the rift is destroyed wonderful prizes await inside! A good amount of jade and uranium is nice, since those are needed for the various magic related buildings, some gold, steel and magicyte and even 2 enchanting gems. These ones are minor gems, one that increases stamina/mana pools and one that reduces cooldowns by 3%. I may not want to bother with making gems until I can make the highest tiered ones, but freebies are fine. I can always overwrite the weaker enchantments with stronger ones when I get the gems for it. That said... the only clothing everyone is wearing is a mage robe and wizard hat, which already has better enchantments on them by default. Should get around to making some manaweave gloves or something.

Oh and remember how I said different rift types would have different effects on the weather? Well it seems popping our own rift and it having earth elementals has caused a toxic fallout to happen on the map :shepface:

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
The toxic fallout can cause buildup on wild animals and cause them to go manhunter, yeah. Cold and heat snaps are bad, but the toxic from earth portals is the worst one, in my opinion.

You can dig into the options in Deep Storage to allows animals to interact directly with things in containers; it's basically required if you rely on tamed critters to do much hauling. Might not make sense for, say, a chest freezer, but it's perfectly logical for a dog to shove something onto a shelf or drop it onto a pallet.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I feel like that was also an issue I had with the last LP where I tried using some drones from rimfactory but they couldn't use the storage units, so I deleted them and went back to roombas. One day I'll actually look into mod options (see: Only now having pawns use mounts to do their chores)

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Delirious Party Life 11

drat, Christmas again? Its already been a year being here?

Dear Santa: I want to find a god drat steel deposit :mad:

Nothing here...

Useless copper....

Useless plasteel....

Where the gently caress is the steel?!

I sent bios and Drakenel to a nearby frigate and.. apparently the map generation didn't work out and the ship and mechs never spawned. That said however....

There is a LOT of exposed steel veins, as well as some steel walls around. On top of that there is a silver vein and compacted machinery laying around. I send Calamitous and Breadmaster over to mine out what they can. This works out great because the droids are lighter than colonists, so I can pack more steel into the skip with only one of them piloting it. Yes, these roombas are flying the ship.

But hey the Mechs decided to help drop some steel locally! And jeeze, did they bring enough turrets? 5 flamethrower turrets and 4 mini slugger turrets.

Joke's on them though, I got a mech hunter whose abilities outrange those turrets.

Oh and the orbital EMP thingy.

A few mechs dropped in but Drakenel's nanite bullet took those out while everyone else slowly took out the rest of the stunned mechs. Most importantly this gets me a few more mechanoid components.

Now I got an autocrane up, just need to get the six thousand silver to get the albatross up and running.

And what better way to get money than to see the latest price changes? This is a terminal added by the Expanded Trading mod.

... Ya know, probably not the best idea when you got like 200 mods installed so you got all kinds of crap taking up space. Let's look at the recent news

So this shows how well some of those overhead trading ships are doing, of course news on nearby factions which will effect prices... what else...

:stare:

:stonk:

Moving... on... There is the contracts menu which will put in a request for a specific amount of an item and how much of a markupHOLY poo poo LOOK AT THAT PLASTEEL ONE. Calamitous is mining that plasteel vein right the gently caress now

Also we can put out contracts ourselves, offering to pay a higher price to get the items. Setting a longer time for the contract and a higher markup will increase the chances of someone fullfilling it.

Then there is the bank, where we can deposit our silver to be kept save in their vaults. A few factions offer this banking service, and our fees will depend on the relations with those factions. If we get allied there will be a 5% fee. Oh and the fee is for both depositing and withdrawing.

Then we can take out loans, with the quick cash loan giving us 10k with a 50% interest rate to be paid within 15 days. After I deposit a thousand silver the other loans open up. Short term gives us a loan equal to half of our bank account to be paid off in 60, long term is a loan equal to our full account with a 120 day repayment and the mortgage loan is double our bank amount with a 300 day period. The interest is based on our bank fees, I'm curious to see what its like when we get the fees reduced to 5%

Failure to pay a loan will give increasing interest per day as well as loss in relations, including the faction becoming straight up hostile.

Besides loans, there are 2 advantages to having money in the bank: Money in there doesn't contribute to our wealth, so it can keep raids down by throwing our silver in there. Secondly...

We can play the market! The news for overhead ships isn't just fluff, this can let us see what their market shares might change in the future. Hell we can even follow the news on certain companies. So who am I going to lose the house on....

Murderous Export Company sounds promising.

Oh look at that, I believe this is what they call "buying the dip". I buy all the stocks I can afford on them.

:sickos: And another 2.4k from all that copper I got laying around? Yes ma'am! It'll take 3 days for a caravan to arrive and pick up the items, so I need to both make sure the items are available and to keep the caravan safe.

A nice quirk with the landing zones being bases means they can be targeted for these "help another faction attack a base" mission, so lets go ahead and pick that very bottom option. We can always get 16 silver and 30 hyperweave elsewhere, but goodwill is forever.

Aaaand the mech ship didn't spawn and the quest instantly failed. And I wanted to show off the albatross in style :mad:

So at this point something updated and the ships were not spawning. The mechoids expanded mod author insisted it wasn't their mod and played the classic "Do you have other mods? Ok uninstall every single one of them, do a regedit to clear all data, in fact just do a whole OS reinstall, and then reinstall and just have my mod, and if it works then its another mod's fault". Hence why we took a break to the wizard colony, but it looks like whatever was causing it was finally fixed and now...

This ship is a destroyer, slightly bigger with some new parts on it. On the left side, next to the uplink are 2 cargo containers which will hold some swag. Below the uplink are 2 mortar cannons, and next to the top storage container is an inferno launcher artillery. A triple barreled inferno launcher... fantastic.

Then for the mechs here, we got an aura (multi melee mech), a phalanx (rapid fire, aoe cryogenic gun), fireworm (flamethrower), knight (heavy armor with an overshield that it can shoot through), and this new guy, under the engines on the right:

It'll be great once I get the robot army up so we wont have to worry about all these flames. Now there aren't any regular turrets so I can get nice and close...

... Oh well that can be an issue.

Direct hit on Lela, with another hitting a nearby panther.

I call down an EMP cannon and then rush forward, if I can get within the minimum range of the cannons I wont have to worry about being blown up.

I clear up the ship and... failed? Just cause you assholes decided you didn't want to show up and I did all the work doesn't mean I didn't destroy the ship :mad:

But now that this big base is destroyed and I have an Albatross...

:getin:

While that is going on let's show off something needed for the transhumanist meme, the Neural Supercharger. Every colonist will want a supercharge after you hit medium expectations once a day, and it takes a full day for the supercharger to fully charge up. So I'm gonna need to get 4 more of these up. It'll take up 400w of power to charge up, so I'll need to get 2kw of extra power going just to keep these superchargers up.

While supercharged pawns will have higher consciousness and will learn faster, but will get hungry quicker.

The caravans showed up to collect their goods and we don't get silver directly, it gets deposited into a bank. Which means it will be subjected to the withdrawing penalties, keep that in mind. I should get around to befriending everyone again.

I built up an android printer to print out Veloxyll here. I need someone who can install those high end bionics! In regards to the traits... whenever I reroll them sometimes I end up with like 6 traits, and if I remove a trait it adds half a day to print time. And if I pick a different trait it wont undo that, and in fact it'll add more time. So chatty masochistic doctor it is.

....gently caress I just realized that means I need to make another room.

I guess this will work... now I need to figure out where I'll be shoving 6 neural superchargers :shepface:

Also it seems moving a fish bowl will kill the fish that was in it, so the beta is gone :( In its place is a queen angelfish. I can't wait to get a big ol' fish tank that wont be moved again.

Time to have a disco to celebrate the new doctorbot, now that the club is finally clean. A high female pyschic drone hits BUT WE CAN'T HEAR IT OVER THESE SICK BEATS

However these fine folks have heard it and want to party. Don't know why they need 2 triple and 2 single shot rocket launchers to do so. Its fine though, I got an army of droids to tank it all.

Wait, no I don't. I don't even really have a defensive position set up!

My god gently caress this spell so much.

I have Heretic throw up a wall to split up the enemy and get them out of that jungle, meanwhile 2 summons appear over Drakenel so thats fun.

Oh this is great, they put up a shield bubble and all the people with rockets behind them fired into it, nullifying their rockets. After a point they all start to hang out in the bubble, where bios' snowblower and brambles starts to deal a bunch of damage and makes them all run off.

Got some damage and while Heretic's cards got the worst of it, there is still some hurt people. Good thing there is now a robodoctor in the colony now, eh?

As I start clearing up this room I decide this is where I'll be throwing our various transhumanist needs, such as a biosculpter. This pod will do a few different thing that require both nutrition and time to complete, as well as power:

There is a medic cycle that will heal all fresh wounds, blood loss and a single infection, this requires 6 days.

Bioregeneration requires 2 glittterworld medicines and will heal a random permanent injury and will replace any missing toes or fingers. This takes 25 days, and you need to research this ability first.

Age Reversal will undo 1 year of aging, taking 8 days

Pleasure Cycle will make the pawn happier for some time, this takes 4 days.

Those are some rather long times, and for transhumanists the age reversing is a requirement that pawns will start demanding once they reach a certain age. But there is a perk to being transhumanist with these: Times are halved. Also once a pawn enters a pod it'll be attuned to that pawn and not let anyone else in, but in exchange the times are cut down by 25%. Its a good thing these colonists wont really be doing a whole lot once the robots start coming in, I can really use that bioregeneration to start clearing out some scars that everyone is getting.

Speaking of health stuff, I took a peek at Veloxyll's health tab and they just have an exoskeleton suit installed for some reason? I... ok?

Heretic is the first to get a dip in the biogoo. I had to make sure to adjust what it'll take for nutrition, removing kibble, alcohol, fish food, as well as meat. Produce comes in consistently and quickly, having to remember to top off meat is annoying so I want that to last as long as possible.

Also I may be wrong, but I do believe while in the pod all needs are stopped. Including say... luciferium need. So this treatment effectively saved a pill.

Here is a rather vital member of the colony, broadcastbot! These are a few mechs that can be built with the mechanoids expanded mod, you need to build a charging station for each bot, which requires a mechoid component. After that a bot is built using mechanoid parts. There are 3 settings for broadcastbot, first is just some general music that gives a mood buff to nearby colonists for a few hours. Second is propaganda which will increase a pawn's certainty to an ideology. Then there is the prisoner mode that will reduce resistance for prisoners.

Think its time for an update on how the colony is coming along. Almost got all the walls built up, I'm waiting for the gin to finish fermenting before I go and finish up the kitchen walls. As for the walls on the bottom with the research, I may have an idea for that spot...

:confused:

Well this will be interesting, doing nothing just to see what will happen is something I'm sure a bunch of stoners would do.

I gotta say, I'm kinda disappointed.

Once again Randy is throwing creatures that are plant hybrids. If we were to tame these we can get something called a medical quill that is something inbetween medical herbs and regular medkits. I don't want these things harassing the droids so I go ahead and destroy the drop pod, which dropped nothing.

While clearing a frigate 3 knights end up incapacitated. Its time to start building up that mechoid army :sickos:

... At least I would if I could bring KO'd mechs over :(. Gotta shut them down and bring them over for shredding.

And speaking of shredding, using the spoils from that frigate I build up a factory meat grinder. This baby uses a whopping 625w of power to shred up corpses. It takes 4 hours to spit out the meat, but what this does is in exchange for not providing any leather or skin, you get twice as much meat. There is 2 settings though, one for animals and the other for humans, so you can't use 1 to process both.

A single capybara spat out 189 processed meat. In the grocery store trade we simply call this "Ground beef". It coming out as a single meat type will also mean there will be no worries about extra space, like we'll get 75 processed meat taking up 1 space in storage instead of 30 capabyra and 45 rhino meat taking 2 spaces.

And then Veloxyll takes great offense to a conversion attempt and starts a social fight and quite enjoys being punched.

And then knocks the offender the gently caress out. Also I should mention Veloxyll's new outfit, they're wearing some doctor scrubs. They provide +15/10/10/5% bonus to medical success/operation speed/tend quality/tend speed. Once the silver starts coming in I can start grabbing bionics and getting them all installed.

God, tribals. I don't want to deal with all this

So I had a joke here about their flintlock looking weapons and fighting tribals but uh

Good job running directly into the enemy blob, despite your technologically advanced ranged weaponry.

And thanks to that rear end in a top hat Naoko in the middle of that blob, aka, where I decided to throw my AOEs at cause it had the highest concentration of enemies, we lost an additional 20 friendly relations.

WHY DOES EVERY loving RAID HAVE THIS SPELL

:sigh:

Jeeze, one of the raiders was loving loaded. Guess I can fire this at our allies to get our relations back.

So uh... you know... all these bodies... I threw one into the meat grinder and it spat out 252 human meat off one body. There is also that bonus where we don't have to worry about the skin or any clothing the corpse had on, also no butchered humanlike moodlet. Looks like we got plenty of fodder for the biopods!

I went on ahead and printed out 3 think tank drones. Why 3, when I only have 2 hi tech benches? Why inflate my colonist count?

Its time to finally set up an outpost. Each think tank has an intellect of 10, so 3 of those gets me 30 and I can build up a science outpost. With this set up they will continuously contribute all their intellect to the colony, so its like having 3 colonists researching non stop. I mean, they were like that here. But they wont contribute to the wealth or colony population, thus wont increase our raid sizes. Also the droids will basically be suspended, their needs wont go down so I wont have to worry about that. Only downside is that there will occasionally be raids at that outpost, but with the albatross we can always drop on in to defend.

There is a sizeable amount of other outposts we can make, such as ones that can get meat, produce, silver, minerals, wood, fish or chemfuel, one that can recruit a new colonist every now and then, one that gathers random crap, an artillery base, to name a few. And each one will have its own requirements for how many colonists or skills total needed.

This is how the western side of the colony is looking. I got some apple and mango trees growing along with some cotton, bell peppers, cloud berries and strawberries for gin. I carved up the mountain a bit to provide a room that I'll be throwing the various work benches into, get them out of the club. I also got a mech hacking station set up along with a platform to hold one. I'm debating if I'll end up just using everything north of that as a factory or leave it open for extra produce.

Then I got the factory stuff, an autocrane to build things, the steel extractor to turn chunks into steel and grinder to get all the meat. I did research stuff to automate textiles but... eeeh. If I throw stuff in the grinder I'm not gonna get leathers and cloth anyways. You might be able to make out a butcher table south of the skip, I wanted to get rid of it but annoyingly you can't make kibble or animal feed in the kitchen, it has to be on a butcher table.

Its been an agonizingly slow process but I've been throwing down soil and then putting a lawn here at the entrance. I should mention I had to install a mod called RIMMSqol that can let me directly edit some of the various assets, including mods, without needing to learn how to edit an xml file. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to place a lawn on reclaimed soil :rolleye:

And for the heart of the club, almost done with the walls. I've also removed the doors separating the center heart from the halls and placed disco floors out there so now they all light up during a disco. Its amazing that even after ripping out all that carpet, there STILL wasn't enough to fill in the other rooms.

For the southern room, now that I have a research outpost I can remove the research stuff here. I do need to keep a bench and the multianalyzer somewhere, since I wont be able to select the research options unless I have those here. I'll most likely chuck it on the western part of the colony, then I'll turn that room into the server room. Since we get good steel, plasteel, uranium and gold from the mech ships I can just stick with silver producing servers.

Now its just a case of building up the mech army to defend the place/attack the mech ships and building up colony wealth!

Leal fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jul 30, 2022

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
I had outposts, but gave up on them because having to drop everything and pay attention to a raid was annoying, and yes, while they're working at the outpost their needs are suspended, but this is actually a bad thing because their needs aren't put to full, and this ends up with people that have empty sleep bars, empty recreation bars, empty food bars, empty drug bars, and they can only fufill those need bars when there's a raid going on.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
What I plan to do is when the raids start happening to throw some of the battery items on over to have the droids charge themselves back up instantly.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Delirious Party Life 12

Starting this update in media res attacking a frigate. This one landed on a tile that has an Isthmus landform, part of a mod that adds geological locations. This would be pretty sweet to have a base on, with enemies only capable of coming in from the south or north.

It has a ruin made out of jade walls, well that will be nice to deconstruct.

I have thought of this mechoid ship thing almost XCOM like, and now with the buggy landing it fully replicates that feeling. On the top part of the ship there is a climate adjuster, not sure what its adjusting the climate too, its just doing it.

I clear out the outside and send mostly everyone home, just leave behind Drakenel to destroy the ship while Calamitious is coming over to mine/deconstruct and oh turns out there are some more mechs hiding in the mountain and they had to dig themselves out of the ship.

Jeeze, while looking around for steel to mine out I also spot silver, gold and jade veins. Elsewhere I find some sapphire and diamond as well. This is gonna be quite the lucrative trip!

Thats right this fish tank right 'ere? 100% pure diamond. Ignore the orgy happening around it. With this size tank we can fit 4 fish in there, also there are different decor options! We can change the sand color and change what will be in the tank, like branches or anemones. I went with Red Dawn and Purple Haze. Now to buy some fish.

...Tell me how you really feel, Randy. Thank god Lela has a weapon that makes her immune from the large amounts of pain these diseases both give. Not pictured: 2 other colonists who also got malaria, and another one who got the plague. The only person not sick right now is Drakenel, and thats because they're currently in the biogoo getting younger.

What in the gently caress? Got one of those weird rear end mixed raids with humans, animals and mechs... and a car.

I guess this is one way to show off a mod I have yet to show off! Someone put in vehicles.

There are some tribute collectors hanging around so... why not let them take the first charge.

Oh, and who are these little dudes? Meet the combat mechanoid, just like with the broadcast bot all you need to do is build a charging station for each one and then use mechanoid parts to build these. Initial impressions are... not that great. They have a move speed of 1.60 and I can't seem to directly tell them who to shoot at. Most damning of all: Their charge stations use 200w each.... at idle. When recharging them each takes up 1,400w. I'm researching nuclear power now just to be sure I can keep the lights on.

I took a peek at the car and :razz:

Why hello there I want to keep Veloxyll away from the frontline so a long range weapon will be great, and its a high tech weapon to boot!

Well now that the cat is out of the bag, may as well show this off. VROOM VROOM. This baby has a move speed of 23 :getin: It of course requires chemfuel to operate, 50 units last about half a year.

And we start getting some proper mechs hacked in. Would prefer these over the other ones, what with their 1.4k power useage to recharge, compared to the 300w a platform requires.

Now how about we get even more mechs sent our way :getin:

I grab that 50 goodwill for the reward.

Dear god what is wrong with your faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace

Why do all these nobles look hosed up? Is there like medieval esque royalty inbreeding or something?

Lela doing some schmoozing with the royal guest. Thats uh... quite the dream I gotta say. Now I took a peek at the abasia illness and we can do a proper operation on them to remove it earlier than the 30 days it takes, but it costs a whopping 10 glitterworld medicine.

The colony suddenly turned really green and when I looked at the weather it shows this. Neat.

Remember when I said I was going to research nuclear power? Its at this point I realize something quite frustrating: That research outpost I was all hype about? It isn't working. I recalled the think tanks and readjusted their schedule in case that was a problem, I saved and quit and restarted the game, nothing is working. Very rarely there will be this ever so slight burst where I'll get some automatic research in... at a rate of 1 point an hour. I cannot find a solution to this so... we're gonna need to do something else.

But they aren't coming back to this colony. First I set the colony to "pack up", this will take nearly 3 days to do. Which is why I can't just remove the outpost then rebuild it to see if that works.

Oh hey a raid happened at the outpost, we can now take a look at it. And before you say it, no the research issues isn't because there is only a simple bench here, the map will be unloaded and everything is abstracted outside of this raid. Also I tried switching to low tech stuff that can be researched by a simple bench and it didn't do anything.

I clear out the raiders easily enough, just be sure to leave before the last raider dies/runs off otherwise you'll need to walk back home, or move 2 tiles over and camp to place the albatross and fly home. Also as soon as the battle ended the research stopped again.

I get Calamitous set up with a chunk of steel, components and a battery, toss them all into the albatross and head on over to the west...

Right into this little area with a crater geological location. One primary entrance up north, with an entry leading off map to the west. Whats really great though is that there are four geysers east and south of the albatross. There is another 2 a bit north, still within the crater. This will be perfect to set up a little research colony.

Hell, this can just be a server farm. I can shoot over the follower items as well as stuff to make the servers, then shoot over all the earnings every quadrum. I was thinking about maybe making this a factory but changed my mind, the factory buildings are worth a lot of money and I want all that wealth in the main colony so it can be sold. Also I should keep the wealth here as low as possible. Just such a shame with all the power potential here...

I build up a second engineer drone, ChaosDragon, to help build up this second area and I'll need one here to keep up with maintenance anyways.

And since they wont be abstracted anymore, I should give the think tanks names.

While that colony is built up, back at home everyone partakes in a sky lantern festival. Every participant grabs some wood and starts crafting the sky lantern, then releases it. This festival needs to be done outside, obviously. A successful festival will cause ambrosia to sprout... which happened on the clear other side of the map :negative:

Not only that but some friendlies will wander on in and hang out for a bit. It is a most chill festival. And what did our friends bring us?

A christmas tree and a bong. I uh... rock on dudes.

At the other colony some pirates showed up and they aggro'd an insect nest, and shot a rhino which is now charging at them. RIP.

The research base is all set up. I build reinforced steel walls with an armored door. And unlike regular steel walls they cannot catch fire. I wanted to move the security mechs over but you can't put them in a drop pod/ship and reinstalling their stations on another map doesn't teleport them or let you build another one, so they just sat at the main colony. Deconstructing the stations killed the mechs so.. woops. I got one built up just for any manhunting incidents.

This colony just wants to kill all our pets, doesn't it :saddumb: Veloxyll rushes over to keep the heart attack in check. Heart attacks will switch between various intensities over time, a doctor helps keep it in check until it passes.

Behold, the cure for our power woes: A nuclear reactor! One of these requires 340 steel, 60 plasteel, 6 advance components and 8 components and must be built indoors, roof and all. If you open up the roof or bust a wall the reactor will immediately turn off. Also the room will get hot, which is why I have 3 AC units to keep that room cool, otherwise it will meltdown if it gets too hot (I later learn this is not enough, and I have to get a 4th one built). In exchange for all this though we get 20k power for 2 uranium per day. I currently got like 500 uranium so we're good on that.

I removed the wind turbines as well as the solar panels cause they're no longer needed. I'm eyeing that geothermal generator too... we have 19.6k excess power right, getting rid of that will still leave me with 16k power for all my various factory needs.

Some poachers showed up at the other base and one decided to engage in melee while their friend chucked grenades at them. Good going dumbass.

GOOD JOB DUMBASS

I get all the droids inside the bunker room and lock the door. If any raiders show up they gotta contend with 5 pissed off rhinos.

Only 8 pods in a mech raid this late in game?

Oh thank god, just 1 centipede.

I want that siegebreaker

I get Drakenel to ride circles around the mechs and then park right up next to the siegebreaker. Yes you can fire from the motorcycle, thought Drakenel's shotgun runs counter to this: She'll drive out of range before firing a shot, and if you go to moving>stop>move it'll reset the aim time.

Good loving lord, Lela is several kinds of hosed up. I swear if this siegebreaker gets killed instead of KO'd...

:getin:

Slowly the mech army grows.

Another year has passed! And we almost got the entrance covered in lawn. Dear god does it take forever to be placed.

And what does the colony get for rimsmas? A biopod for each of them! Veloxyll doesn't need one as the need to be made younger only happens when a pawn is over 25. And speaking of biopods, I got some glitterworld medication and researched bioregeneration so I can now use that option. Time for Lela to get some of those scars cured!

Besides biotuning, and transhumanism, cleanliness of the room will also speed up the biopod. Though its kinda annoying to keep up with as anyone walking in just leaves a mess all over the place. 9 days wont be too bad waiting. Especially since this now means there is less alcohol and food being used up while Lela rests in the biogoo.

Really thinking of using the biogoo to stretch out Heretic's Luci by making them go in the goo constantly.

...Why did you bring several mechs, including 2 termites, to go poaching?

That is rather unsporting, isn't it? There was so many explosions that there was no body.

And then they just left after blowing up that animal. Whatever makes them happy I guess.

I built a bigger building around the research room. I uh... I dunno why really. Maybe I'll end up doing a server farm here after all.

With a day and change to spare the mech cluster finally drops. Lets see, 3 more siegebreakers and a centipede with a few bits of regular ol' cannon fodder, lots of turrets, 2 capsules and 3 assemblers.... and the hell are those yellow squares?

Oh gently caress me, memories of my previous job. Where is the boxes full of rotten produce :shepface:

Funnily enough vehicles seem to be considered mechs, they share a slot on the caravan menu and our colonists can shred them.

There is also a psychic droner here... but it is only effecting males... in 11 days. In fact there doesn't seem to be a proximity or timer activator on here, so I can go ahead and let this cluster stay dormant for a bit. Namely, once I get some more firepower and Lela gets out of the biogoo.

Speaking of... I took out a frigate and took quite a bit of damage, we're completely out of medication, Heretic has a bunch of bleeding wounds and bios got an infection in the heart. So 2 days in the goo for them to heal all those wounds and it'll also remove bios' infection. Not a bad tradeoff for something that uses human and insect meat to fuel!

Dear god, manhunting giant spiders :gonk:

And for some reason they're standing right next to the mech cluster. On one hand, I'd like to see what 18 of them can do to the cluster. On the other hand half the colonists are in biogoo.

Time to ship off our royal guest, hope he enjoyed his time sleeping in the guest bunks for 20 days. With no TV.

So uh... I went to plant some sparkweed... turns out they just spontaneously combust.

Thank god for the rain :sweatdrop: I think they do that when a bunch are grown next to one another, so I'll grow some in some isolated patch.

Heading back to that frigate I cleared off screen, behold the portable hacking table. It requires 800w of power to use, thankfully the albatross generates 1700. This will let me hack mechs away from home, just gotta bring some mech components along.

Slaan is the first of the knight army. I want to get a bunch of knights, overshields with ranged weapons? The perfect shocktrooper.

Pretty much got everything all set up here in the colony. Next plan is to start using that sparkweed to make bombs to blow off the mountain roof so I wont have to worry about infestations. Then just need to accrue another 30k worth of wealth, which I should be able to get once I pump everyone with some high end bionics.

Leal fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Aug 6, 2022

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

They tried to kill me with a forklift! Ole!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
God if vehicles could ram. I saw a roadmap from the vanilla expanded guys and supposedly they're working on a vehicles bit and if I read it right, that may include vehicle ramming. I just wanna joust with forklifts, much like I wanted to do at my last job but couldn't.

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

Metal Coat? It's already active?!
If vehicles could ram, forklifts could finally satisfy their hunger for flesh. They're a wrecking ball with swords strapped to the front.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Delirious Party Life 13

Alright lets clear out this cluster. First I get Veloxyll to take a shot at something to get all the mechs active and to get all the drop pods and capsules to drop their units. Now that they're all nice and clustered...

And then Drakenel brings in the orbital EMP. And apparently that can just blow up turrets.

Then a starshot to destroy more of the turrets.

Then just a regular mop up. That orbital EMP keeps them stunned forever, dear lord.

A mana drain event happens and remember, thanks to the way Heretic's mana pool works they're going to get progressively sick until they die. So I'm gonna give them an early bit of de-aging in the biogoo to freeze their status, until the drain passes.

Lela also gets mana drained... eh, I throw her into a biopod as well, I bought more glitterworld medication so I can work on removing some more of her scars.

Well thats annoying. Too bad I gave up on the spaceport stuff cause having guests leave whenever a raid happens and getting a poo poo score cause of it sucks.

Oh why hello there, look who showed up in a visitor group! Colonists who remain at a sold colony are still in the game, so technically its possible to get them back.

Jesus, who knew such a small droid could carry a god drat forklift. These things weigh more than multiple cars!

They break down into some mechanoid parts and advanced mechanoid chips, strangely no steel though. But maybe thats because at this point I bought a smart recycler to shred mechs for the colonists.

Behold, the Ambrandy distillery! This makes some quality stuff that gets better with age. First we need to make an ambrandy must then let it ferment for a week, then we can put that into the distillery where it then ages. Awful quality takes 15 days, legendary takes 120 days.

I start putting some platforms in the ancient danger in front of the club to house our mechs. Finally a centipede on MY side. There was another siegebreaker that collapsed but the hack failed and the damage from that killed it :(

The club is basically complete, fully walled in with neon walls and almost fully floored. The fridge is lagging a bit, whenever I pop a wall section is instantly hits room temp and all the food starts to rot.

Though I shouldn't be anal about that, we can get so much ground meat and have a permanent growing cycle for crops after all.

I wonder how it must feel to be a fish in a tank in a dance club. The constant vibrations can't be good for the fish can it? Do actual clubs IRL have those big fish tanks or is that just a thing in movies and games so they can have a cool action scene where someone is thrown through those tanks?

And I realized we still had that bong laying around, so time to toke up :350: (why is this emote called 350 and not 420?) A black ship chunk comes crashing in, providing steel and uranium.

poo poo, it was only a matter of time...

Hey what the gently caress?! They just destroyed my biopods just by spawning in! Thats loving bullshit :argh:

Slaan and BLT head over, I probably shouldn't have the siegebreakers and centipede come over to help out. I'm throwing buffs onto Lela and I'm trying really hard to get her to get out of the room but she can't.

I punch a hole through the wall to get the insectoids to run out and give Lela a chance to run out, I also take out a door so all the heat shoots out of the club.

:shepface:

All but one biopod is destroyed, which means everyone but Lynneth lost their biotuned status. As an aside, insects being butchered in the meat grinder factory comes out as regular meat, not bug meat.

Aaand then Randy sent a small mech cluster. With a mortar. Thanks Randy, you're a pal. Also its dawned on me that Randy did this right after the bong ceremony which meant that everyone was stoned and couldn't fight as good :mad:

Hope Lynneth doesn't mind Veloxyll removing Heretic's stomach and installing a reprocessing stomach. It reduces hunger by 25%, and comes with the typical bonus of better efficiency and no gut worms.

Welcome esteemed guests, do not mind the insect corpses still lining the hallways, or the fact the northeastern part of the club is still covered in ashes.

I CANNOT DRINK, THEREFORE I MUST SMOKE UNTIL I PASS OUT!

... Maybe I should install some firefoam poppers in here.

Here is a possible solution to our chronic liquor shortage, despite having 3 stills running. The liquor mixer factory takes only 5 days to produce some alcohol, instead of the 15 the stills take. Oh and you just put berries in, no need to turn it into mush first.

Speaking of the factory buildings, I somehow manage to get the steel extractor to fit into the albatross and ship that over to the research colony, to turn all the boulders laying around into steel.

And then Randy has a solar flare happen so the mixture is spoiled. Thanks Randy. Oh and the temp causes the stills to spoil too. THANKS RANDY

To get everyone biotuned quicker I put them through a pleasure cycle. +15 mood for 12 days is not too shabby, if you don't need someone around for 2 days.

I clear out a few destroyers, do some trade runs for alcohol, everyone is healed back up, time to disco!

This disco happened when I was looking at another map so when I changed back to here it actually caused me to jump cause suddenly that one song from some Swedish musicians that everyone thinks is a Japanese song because of a meme was playing full blast.

I forgot to fix up bed assignments after clearing out destroyers and Lela and Heretic ended up in the same and performed lovin', I didn't realize that was a thing that could happen if pawns weren't already a couple.

Also this showed up right after they finished and I laughed.

But hrmmm..... I wonder...

Holy poo poo why does it take over 9000 (not memeing here, it seriously started at like 9080 work) work units to build this? Well good thing the autocrane works 24/7 I guess. We'll see what this is about in like a week or something.

I got some spelt coming in along with brown sugar, meet our gourmet bakes. Eggs, flour, sugar and apples. Yum. The brown sugar gives a 15% movement bonus. I also got a bunch of insect jelly from that infestation, so I turn that into jelly preserves which can also go into the bakes, that provides an extra mood to the meal.

Peeking over at the research base and oh, thats worrisome. I should probably build up some walls around the generators.

Well then, I can't leave them to their death cause that'll make bios sad. But I don't want to recruit them, as....

I do not take on pacifists :mad: Also how do you be a heavy gunner and a pacifist?

I'm going to see if I can game this, to make sure they don't die but don't risk them joining and me having to boot them, and getting a mood penalty for it. What if I just have Veloxyll patch them while they're on the floor? If I don't explicitly click the "rescue" button, it wont count right?

And it was true! They walked off the map as soon as they gained consciousness.

Buying the dip! Gonna turn the 8 thousand I put into this into millions, just you wait! Murder industries is going at a 300 silver profit btw

Well thats awkward.

And its another one of those weird rear end mixed raids.

*blink blink*

I have bios set up some brambles, Lela uses attraction to try and yank some of the enemy into them, and of course Drakenel uses their emp cannon to stun all the mechs mixed in this army.

Our own mechs then take over and mop up the rest. Sadly none of those hostile mechs got downed. The mech army continues to be minimal :(

This LP had a good run, think its time to close it. I'm butchering these

A new mechanoid factory, the drug powderizer. Psychoid goes in, drugs come out. Though uh... uh... It takes in 3 leaves, and only spits out 1, every hour. Wow thats... really slow. Something this size and using 675 watts for a single flake every hour.

Thankfully a PRF ship flew overhead and I bought an assembler to make drugs on the drug bench for me. I deconstruct the powderizer and use the leftover parts to build a second liquor mixer.

It took like 5 days of 24 hour continuous construction, but here it is: A jade penta royal bed. This is a mod that would work perfectly here. The room is still considered a barracks, but its extremely impressive so the colonists wont mind. And while Lela will get a negative mood for sharing a bed with others, the couples don't get it. I guess the "sleeping with my partner" mood overwrites the "sharing bed with someone else" mood.

Also in the bottom right corner of the bed is a sleep accelerator. For 400w of power it will give a bed +35% rest effectiveness but also makes pawns 20% hungrier as they sleep. I may have wanted to do this group bed so I only needed to build one of these to give everyone the same effect.

This is where the guest beds used to be, I just spread the beds out to the other rooms while Veloxyll gets one of the bigger bedrooms to themselves.

Now that I got flake coming in I build up a special building. Oh this isn't the traditional autobong, this is a "flake me up", a modded item that lets me fill a bong up with flake. Everyone passing through gets the high on flake buff, which is a massive +35 mood. Also they get tired slower and feel less pain. Will this lead to mass addictions or overdoses? We shall see.

Somehow the robots also get effected by this.

At the research base I go ahead and chuck servers over to there (when I get enough followers for an advanced one) and I also hook up a few of the advanced servers that both provide a +5% research bonus and pays out 300 silver every 15 days. Once I get that third one built this place will make 1.2k silver every 15 days.

I'm also grabbing whatever tin and copper from the base to turn into statues. I'm grinding out all the cash to get implants for everyone before selling the colony off.

Drakenel produces statues from a laser sculpting table while Heretic and bios are tag teaming Rimbook. They currently got a hustle where they pretend to be at one another's throat and its bringing in the big views. Little does everyone know they live in the same colony.

Also with all the sleeping buffs the bed is giving with the constant flake mist keeping them awake longer, they can keep working for longer!

Hrm, thats annoying. Thankfully they were all clumped up for an EMP orbit strike.

Here is the demolisher, its like some weird crab thing with a turret. I want it.

:sigh:

Buh, in research base this happens. Of course one would just self tame, where in the cannibal colony I tried getting them and kept getting attacked for it :mad:

We did get one of these mechs out of that raid though. And its got an inferno cannon, so that'll be fun to use in the jungle here.

To fix up Lela's scar on an arm and missing kidney, I get 2 bionics installed and that totals 5 for a +3 moodlet. Not as high as what transhumanist gives, but I'll take it.

I'm just grabbing reprocessor stomachs for everyone, never have to worry about gutworms again.

And I'm making 5 of these. Some drugs have a chance of causing a heart attack, bionic hearts don't have that risk.

Though the colonists aren't the only ones getting upgrades. What is Hobo getting here?

Oh... just a little something...

There are different modules that you can install on mechs, I just haven't really been showing them off cause they've come so late (or rather, I hold off on research so late) that I haven't had a chance to make them.

You have this mechanoid workshop building that you craft all these at. The various modules will enable a labor for mechs, yes they can do things besides killing! There are even a few modules available if you got certain mods, for example we can build a gastro module so we can have mechanoids be butlers, or with giddy up we can have a module to mount them! Maybe next colony I can focus some more on these...

Also we can shred up advance mech chips to get 5 mechanoid parts.

You know, its a good thing I gave Hobo a turret, as the inferno cannon does precisely gently caress all to mechs.

Wait wh

FUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKK

The turrets on the mech can be individually targeted?! They can explode?!. Well, poo poo!

Jeeze Heretic, coffe while inhaling cocaine vapors? Your heart is gonna explode!

... if I wasn't replacing everyone's hearts with these! The lionheart gives 10% moving bonus, 10 melee dodge, -10% chance for food poisoning and 10% extra heart efficiency. But the energy core has 50% extra efficiency, extra health, a solid .20 move speed and a +50% rest multiplier. These colonists don't sleep for anything now!

Now I'm packing up the albatross for another trade run and I realize something when I go to pack up the hearts: The base heart is worth more than a chrome one. So... replacing our colonist's hearts will be a net gain.

And you know, at this price, its much better to just buy energy cores than crafting them. They have nearly 1k work to make and I swear its like 10 work units per hour. bios has 20 craft and its still going so slow. And thats WITH being hyped on crack slowing down their tiredness and with a bed that has a bunch of rest modifiers added to it!

Though the frequent pauses to head over here to kiss Drakenel probably isn't helping with production!

Oh god Drakenel, whats wrong with your faaaaaaace. I replaced one of their scarred eyes with an archotech one and it gave them this. Vanilla has bionics show physical features, but it doesn't work too well when its mixed with a face mod. I'll need to find a mod that'll hide this bit. Like if it just made their usual eye golden in that same art style thats fine, but this... its like something is bulging out of their face.

What... what the gently caress, why are there so many guests :psyduck: Like I see that there are 2 groups here, but why did 2 groups from the same faction show up?

.................GIVE ME BACK MY loving ORB OF ETERNAL :argh::argh::argh::argh:

I didn't even know that could cure addictions! She's just gonna get it again after a few more gins :argh:

Case in point!

And then my patience ran out in chroming everyone up. Here is how the colony looks at the end.

I set up a few of the mech pillars in the ancient danger so they could respond to threats faster. Shame once I got a few mechs on hand the raids dried up. I ended up putting a shotgun turret on Hobo since those don't blow up, but welp. Also I never opened the caskets, those can be a present for the new owners. I also made that entire area leading into the club an orchard for apples.

The more industrial area, 2 liquor mixers to keep the colony boozed up and the meat grinder supplying all the mystery meat for our meals. With that nuclear reactor, the colony currenly only has a 3k watts of excess power. Lots of power going on here, and I didn't really go that hard in automation.

That green box was going to be something but I never got enough jade to finish it, shame.

We have hit over 200 ducks :toot:

I eventually stopped growing crops and went full on with making flake for selling. A few of the smaller, quicker mechs were kept on this side of the colony just in case.

The colony itself. Fully stocked fridge, the ambrandy I was making only reached "good" quality. Ah well, I'm sure whoever it was I made drink it enjoyed it. The Pleasure Lounge has an unbelievably impressive score of over 200. The colony wealth absolutely blew through the last colony, at 516 thousand, to the 414k of the last colony when it was sold!

Sadly we will also be losing Research Station. The three thinkbots did their duty to the fullest extent :patriot:

Whats funny is, because I closed off the majority of the map, all the animals were just stuck up here. Just every animal is up here, all the animals. So many corpses from raiders and manhunters spawning up here that I've omitted.

I got a good amount of chroming done, Lela here has the most. Everyone has a reprocessor stomach, 4 of the 5 have an energy core for a heart, the remaining having a lionheart. Oh and everyone has a love enhancer. The majority of scars and missing body parts have either been healed up or replaced with a bionic, Lynneth has a few scars on the torso thanks to that drat eternal orb healing addiction :argh:

All in all, we're good for the next colony. Now where to land at...

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Whoo, finished this off right when the next DLC and patch dropped :shepface: So just in case this save is no longer salvageable, I could just cheat myself into the third stage of this ending and we are good to go. Sorry for the long wait, my job really doesn't give me much free time (I actually asked to get a day cut this week cause I feel like all I do is sleep>work>sleep>work all week)

https://i.imgur.com/r81j5RO.mp4

:shepface: Might be a while longer for the next update though while waiting for some mods to update

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kasrkin
Feb 16, 2014

Nothing suspicious here.

Leal posted:

:shepface: Might be a while longer for the next update though while waiting for some mods to update

yeah, i fixed my game in 1.3 for the time being, for that exact reason. didn't want to start over again.

what is the name of the mod with the Forklift in it?