Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Poohs Packin posted:

You can watch anything with Clive Owen because he pretty much gives the exact same one note performance in everything he is in. Any dimension in his acting is a by-product of americans thinking english people are smarter than them, which is unfortunately true.

Plenty of actors don’t have range, but whatever Clive Owen does was spot-on perfect for this one. Nothing wrong with not having range with the right role(s)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

for a time in the late 2000s i had good fun putting "Wait" by the Kills on road trip mix-CDs as a fun little surprise for my passengers

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Gravid Topiary posted:

for a time in the late 2000s i had good fun putting "Wait" by the Kills on road trip mix-CDs as a fun little surprise for my passengers

Did they get nervous you were gonna try to do the ping pong ball thing?

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

Mister Speaker posted:

I think you're right, but can't recall exactly. It's definitely Chiwetel Ejiofor who gets blown up by a tank round, but I don't remember much else around that scene apart from how absolutely emotionally wrecking it is when the baby starts crying and everyone just stops fighting, only to start back up again a moment later.

I remember the Wook gets a very sudden and immemorable death, being shot through the window in the apartment block during The Uprising. The scene moves on without a second thought, which is basically what he deserved.

Yeah so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u5Ez1sIWmo&t=319s

Maximum Sexy Pigeon fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Dec 25, 2021

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Thread's convinced me, I'm rewatching this movie today. I've even got the DVD, though I'd prefer not to have to setup my old PS3 for this now.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
I think that this film where African woman brings a child to Europe ravaged by childless decades might have a political message.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Someone put a beret on :smith:

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Randarkman posted:

Thread's convinced me, I'm rewatching this movie today. I've even got the DVD, though I'd prefer not to have to setup my old PS3 for this now.

its streaming on peacock. gonna put this on too, been meaning to rewatch for ages. thanks you op.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
The part where he goes to the power plant from the cover of that one pink floyd album and the giant inflatable pig is also there was a baffling choice

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Beartaco posted:

The part where he goes to the power plant from the cover of that one pink floyd album and the giant inflatable pig is also there was a baffling choice

The part where he’s bribing the elite (who have are basically hoardingbunch of art like Michaelangelo’s David and they barely even care because there will be no one to appreciate it in fifty years- it’s all out of habit) to get a passport doesn’t make sense?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

if you like children of men you should visit the UK op because its all came true and we're living like that right now

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The part where he’s bribing the elite (who have are basically hoardingbunch of art like Michaelangelo’s David and they barely even care because there will be no one to appreciate it in fifty years- it’s all out of habit) to get a passport doesn’t make sense?

I dunno why not have the monopoly man come out too.

sad question
May 30, 2020

Vernii posted:

Excellent movie that also made for a terrible date movie.

Yeah, nobody wants to see a movie about a baby on the first date.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Beartaco posted:

I dunno why not have the monopoly man come out too.

Because that would be stupid. Duh.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

its streaming on peacock. gonna put this on too, been meaning to rewatch for ages. thanks you op.

Let's just say I found a way and just finished watching it. Great movie IMO, some of the most visceral sequences of any movie I've seen still.

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
Totally with you. Fantastic Christmas movie. And I love the little flourishes like running around with no shoes for most of the film and using scotch to sanitize his hands. Such a great film.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

RocketLunatic posted:

And I love the little flourishes like running around with no shoes

IIRC, there’s a shot of him with no shoes riiight before he starts driving a car and it’s one of the more uncomfortable bits of cinema I’ve seen. All the times I figured I would pop out to the corner in flip flops and the instant regret just came flooding to mind.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Oh yeah that was great, hoarding art while caring nothing for what it represents. I liked the Banksy of two cops kissing being guarded by heavily armed police, likely not the artist’s intent.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Poohs Packin posted:

You can watch anything with Clive Owen because he pretty much gives the exact same one note performance in everything he is in. Any dimension in his acting is a by-product of americans thinking english people are smarter than them, which is unfortunately true.

There was this sweet spot in time where Clive Owen was literally perfect for every movie.

What an eighteen month arc.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Vampire Panties posted:

There was this sweet spot in time where Clive Owen was literally perfect for every movie.

What an eighteen month arc.

Sin city->shoot ‘em up?

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

The protagonist sneaks around a tower evading Alan Rickman; Die Hard is a Harry Potter movie

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

actually the best christmas movie is the new matrix which is definitely a christmas movie because it is sentimental

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Traxis posted:

The protagonist sneaks around a tower evading Alan Rickman; Die Hard is a Harry Potter movie

Yeah Harry Potter just ripped off Die Hard and made it worse by adding stupid wizards and poo poo.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Now I have a machine gun,
Ho ho Hagrid

KnightRider
Jan 7, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
The russian lady with the dog who beats the poo poo out of not gary oldman with a bong is the real hero of the movie.

KnightRider
Jan 7, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Its either a bong or some kind of didgeridoo, maybe one of those rain sticks.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

It's a log for firewood.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I have no memoery of this

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
If Baby Diego were still alive today, he'd be old enough to run for president (sort of ) :rip:

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Baby Diego was born in 2009.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I watched it again last night and had a good time, but the part where everyone stopped shooting when they saw the baby was really corny.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Caesar Saladin posted:

I watched it again last night and had a good time, but the part where everyone stopped shooting when they saw the baby was really corny.

I think that it works quite well and makes sense in the movie. Everybody's been basically reacting to the baby like that througout the movie, no one's seen a baby for 18 years, in the context of this world and these people it's pretty much a miracle. And that ceasefire as it was only lasts a couple of minutes before everyone gets back to killing each other.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I just remember the dude singing the blaydon races before getting shot in the street

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Randarkman posted:

I think that it works quite well and makes sense in the movie. Everybody's been basically reacting to the baby like that througout the movie, no one's seen a baby for 18 years, in the context of this world and these people it's pretty much a miracle. And that ceasefire as it was only lasts a couple of minutes before everyone gets back to killing each other.

I mean, except that one guy that held them hostage and shot at them as they were running away and ended up killing Clive Owen.

The ceasefire scene was just too cute and sentimental for me.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
shut hte gently caress up

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Milo and POTUS posted:

shut hte gently caress up

hmm interesting perspective

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Sin city->shoot ‘em up?

Nailed it, except swap Sin City (2005) for Closer (2004). He was perfectly (deliberately) hateable in that film. He killed that role.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 19 days!)

I rewatched it a few months ago and it's great. I liked it a lot more when I first saw it back when I was a teen.

roomtone fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Dec 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Caesar Saladin posted:

nah