Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I haven’t played magic in years and never played commander but I still keep this thread bookmarked because it’s mostly good natured chatting that’s fun to read. Merry Christmas and happy holidays, folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

I can’t help but judge Wizards for not having come up with a coherent identity for what a Lotus is. It seems to just mean “gives you mana, probably any color, rare or mythic”. It compares unfavorably with what they’ve done with Mox cards. They should have stuck with the theme that you have to sacrifice something to get the mana, at least.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Batterypowered7 posted:

Just Wizards being horny on main, nbd

This character’s neck is unsettlingly thin

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Batterypowered7 posted:

Those are all "box toppers" and I believe also in Collector Boosters. A friend explained to me that box toppers are now single-card packs and what you get is random. Imagine opening a loving LotR Bojuka Bog and the person next to you opens a loving LotR Cavern of Souls or Ancient Tomb, lmao

Bojuka Bog has a timeless appeal, and would always satisfy me :colbert:

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Now now, calm down, there’s no need to get in a big argument over who’s the bigger rear end in a top hat. You can both be assholes.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

in fairness, the obvious answer to "nonbasic lands are too good" is to print nonbasic land hate, but that's a road wizards has been really afraid to walk down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

There’s no point to putting the Eldrazi in a set unless Wizards has the balls to make the set as cool as RoE was