Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Hello Commander thread. I do not post here often.

Back in 1999 or whatever because that was so long ago. I witnessed two cards being pulled from a booster deck from Unglued that I was very attracted to. Back then I was not big into Magic and granted I never gotten really big into it since Kaladesh and that was when I discovered Commander.

The two cards has only been played once, and three years ago I was able to get these two cards as a birthday gift and have been unable to play them for quite sometime. I had to figure out a way to play them. I know there are better ways of doing this but I am proud to say after 23 years since opening that booster. This is the 2nd time these two cards have been played in Commander (Provided express permission I was allowed to play them)

These two cards are combined to Big Furry Monster.

I used the premade WH40k mono black commander to play enchantments to mill my deck as fast a possible. And by turn 8 he arrived as a 100/100 lifelink with resurrection orb. I did lose two turns later but it felt great bringing him out after 23 years since he was last played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Played Slivers tonight but kept getting bombarded with board wipes! I was able to have about 10 slivers in my graveyard and once I bought out my First Sliver for the 3rd time and casted Patriarch's Bidding. Another board wipe swung past me exiling all of my indestructible +13 other benefits to all of my slivers.

Sucks!!!

I get a little bit of poo poo and even some pre-installed table politics "Oh he is playing Slivers? Yeah he is bad"! With my group but it's all in good fun. I do have other decks I can play that just blow up out of nowhere but I enjoy Slivers and Dragons the most.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Raenir Salazar posted:

Just like me fr fr

I saw how you and others were engaged with the Sliver drama and quite frankly. I know your pain. The problem I have with my local group is that we have some people with outstanding power commander decks who do not play well with the majority Newbie / Great experience with the game. These guys are a little toxic and play the game at a breakneck speed. They got upset with me because they would by turn 3 have so much crap on their sides that I take time to understand and read what the card does. But im the bad guy for trying to understand how your two drop turned into a 9CMC cost without cascading frendo!

Thankfully I am in a very good group and while I do get the occasional "Oh poo poo slivers boo this man"! Its always in good fun. And if I can perceive that as good fun and them still inviting me to play every week? Those are great players and you should be their friend!

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Just got back from a very good commander tournament that had some incredible turnout. This tournament was Bingo/Point based and it didn't matter much if you won. But you would get a certain amount of points for certain criteria for being met. A lot of them had without infinite combo modifier so they had some really fun ones that everyone in the pod had to witness.

The theme of tonight was cats and I was the only player to bring out my Cat commander:

This is a heavily modified precon to include muuuuch faster equipments and more umph artifacts. Like The Kaldra set. This deck also tutors for equipment answers while trying to find smaller cats that can at least quickly benefit early on.

I was able to get points for having the most equipment on a single permanent as well as deal over 50 damage commander in a single swing. As well as other things! It was a really neat concept and everyone at this LGS had a fuckin blast.

I unfortunately got 7th place but I at least got a pizza and soda dinner for only spending 5 bucks to sign up for the tournament.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I did something incredibly stupid for my black friday shopping.

Muhahaha

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Nov 24, 2023

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Khanstant posted:

My counterfeit addicted brain sees that price tag and sees 57 other cards you forgot to add to get to that mark.

I already have a sliver commander that costed me almost everything and this is one of its final stretches. Shock lands are worse I feel.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Lost every game last night because everyone held an infinite combo just to keep me in check. I did take out two people in one swing with about 10 9/9 slivers with unblockable, doublestrike, and flying slivers. :smug:

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I got the two sliver cards in the mail last week and got a chance to do some Friday night commander. Those two cards absolutely transformed the playstyle of the deck. These were Sliver overlord and Sliver Legion.

I did lose to dinosaurs that had an effect to where if you do damage to it. It also deals that much damage to target "Anything than a Dinosaur" so I lost to blocking damage. I forgot and got too greedy when I had 11 slivers on the field and bombed it with Legion. Boy was that silly.

Besides the shock lands I think my sliver deck is complete.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Sharing a little bit of history that happened with us at our local game shop commander group. I got permission to post this picture of all of us.

We had two folks, OlmSteady and his Wife SnoopyUnicorn who are moving to New York on the 4th of January for their new placement in the Army. All of us who are in our personal Discord as well as LGS came together for this picture.

Im the guy in the ff7 Shirt. Going to be missing these two. The two on front we're sending off with absolute love and fellowship they have given us. They are very good players and we all wished them luck!

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Cats once again doing very good things. I challenged one player to play a fungus -1/-1 deck and I was able to win.

With one life.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Absolutely impressed with my kitty voltron deck. Won a game swinging three creatures that added up to 24 with lifelink, first strike, trample, and double strike. Then I paid the ability from Ahrebo, Roar of the Wild and the pod just scooped. Nobody had an answer with my growing lifegain.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

LifeLynx posted:

I wanted to make all the Cat decks, but there's only so many that are good and how many WGx manabases can I sleeve up?

You want to enable to draw cheap as poo poo cats on the field with a few bomb cats with equipment effects. Then put equipments on the field. My favorite equipments are the Kaldra set (And Kaldra Complete) to really make the board sweat. Once a creature has the Kaldra with hexproof is immediately scary as poo poo.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I got a friend of mine from work into magic and she absolutely loves it. She has the painbow commander but also has the Cabaretti Cacophony commander from the New Capenna set that came out in 2022.

Out of the box and with three months experience. This commander was able to defeat Slivers, Ur-Dragon, and Fractical 60 6/6 squirrels. in the same pod. It was very impressive and a sight to behold but still. This commander rules and is fun to play.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

She played Martial Coup and brought both of us to our knees.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Sometimes its Magic and other times its the gathering. That night was both.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
The only Commander thing I have left is I am adding skiddles to my Ur-Dragon deck and gonna enjoy having a 2nd meta on this deck when I tutor a dragon.

The hidden Commander for the Ur-Dragon awakens!

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Just Pre-Ordered the Fallout commander set for Mothman because this badass is going to be in it:

Your ride's over, mutie. Time to die

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I have a poo poo ton of kaladesh bulk that might make that commander deck shine. It will make Electrostatic Pummler easy to fit in the deck with what cards worked greatly to make mono green standard back in the day. The issue might be actually making this a win condition if and when you do this without tutors.

The full decklist isnt out yet for the Mothman commander. But I am still getting it.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Got a chance to play Agent Frank Horrigan on the first time playing the mothman deck and the endorphins I felt when I won was incredible.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Someone just gave me these two cards and I need to change my pants.

:getin:

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Had some great kitchen table magic with good food and friends. Won one with my Rad Mothman deck and was able to bring out Frank again with +9+9 counters on it. Frank would be good for an Atraxa deck and I feel like this deck is an alternative to the atraxa playstyle.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Toph Bei Fong posted:

In case the "rule zero" conversation was too easy and required too much talking to people, try this!

https://www.edhmultiverse.com/

https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-edh-multiverse-a-model-of-the-edh-landscape/

I know their hearts are in the right place, and they present some useful questions, but...

lmfaoi

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Stupid question but im asking anyways. Is slivdrazi Monstrocity legal in casual groups? Had some eyebrows raised by it.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Chakan posted:

Oh, I must’ve misspelled at first and playtest cards don’t show up in regular search. I don’t think I would refuse if you asked to play with it, but it is just a wincon in a can so who knows what most people would say.

The people I played with kind of had their eyes pop out while laughing. It is most definitely a wincon in a can.

Ill sideboard the card and ask if the pod is good with it before playing it in the future next time. Thanks.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Rokarumel can also do a less-good version of Slivdrazi monstrosity.

Wait, how so? Any chance to say slivers are now eldrazi and can contribute to Annihilator mechanics?

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Kurieg posted:

You can make them eldrazi but you can't give them annihilator.

Bummer, but then again it might be a blessing in disguise. That card is already stupid powerful but I like contained powerful -- Like slivers in general!

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Yeah that is in my sideboard. But I never really use her. Never thought of a reason to honestly.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I cant believe that not only did the table allow this but also I was able to play this card after 20 years of it not ever seeing the light of day.

The Mono Black Warhammer deck actually did some solid things today. Big Furry Monster included.

Also don't worry, he was exiled two turns later.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I forget which card but I had a way to put a creature card milled into the battlefield. Seen how both sides were in the graveyard BFM came out.

Ill have to get more details. But the mono black warhammer deck thrives on milling and getting creatures out fast.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
2/1 with Kitty cat voltron today. Arahbo, Roar of the World continues to be one of the best cat commanders to hang out in the command zone and still make cats super great.

I was very close to getting Sword, Helm, and Shield of Kaldra all out but was able to get sword and shield -- that and the other equipments I had on my cats started making my deck go out of hand really quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I used to be against proxies and modified cards and believe me goons have dogpiled the poo poo out of me to change my wicked ways.

Just please no power 9. Thats all I ask.