Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

It may just be a personal favorite of mine but Leonin Shikari can do work in equipment heavy decks when you get to swap stuff around at instant speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Toshimo posted:

Did I miss something or did the mono-red player underpay for their Adaptive Automaton right at the start?

Springleaf the Magda and 2 mountains is what I saw. He didn't need to crack a treasure unless I missed something myself.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Watching it again, yeah you're absolutely correct.

Even playing fast and loose with that token, I'm surprised no one caught him playing a Automaton for 2.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Tried for 20 minutes, kept getting notifications that something was going wrong when I selected my payment. Just got the confirmation that I backed it. Thanks Kickstarter.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Alright, these are stretch goals I can get behind.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

The problem is that most of the dipshits afraid of getting "cancelled" have no idea what it actually means. They take it to mean "person did something bad and is being ostracized" and completely miss the "and has no remorse/didn't learn a drat thing" part of it.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

They updated it where if you manage your pledge and just pick the same reward you did, you can fiddle with the add-ons. Instructions are under Update 8, I think, and it does the math for you

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Glad to see Fat Cat got up to something after outlasting the Rescue Rangers.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Batterypowered7 posted:

Maybe Gandalf the Gray would be an Artifact Creature instead?

Radagast the Brown :colbert:

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Heath posted:

They've gone and done it

They made an Angel Rogue

Looking at it, I really hope they give other colors similar fixing mechanics. I really like the idea of keeping a creature on the side for pseudo-fixing.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Broke: Rolling a die to decide whom to attack.

Woke: Rolling a die to decide how many creatures to attack with.

Bespoke: Rolling a die to bluff the table into thinking you're leaving it up to RNG.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

MtG - Commander/EDH Thread: My cat's a 7

:gerty:

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Time to make a lasagna tier Garfield tribal deck, I guess

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

If a tutor needs to be both cmc 4+ and have a condition, what the gently caress does that actually leave?

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

They stay because the token being made isn't the same object and doesn't have "exile at end of turn" or whatever the wording proper.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

~It's my format!
My wonderful format!
Yes it's my format,
who lives in Canada!~

And I can't wait to shuffle the deck up again!

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Balon posted:

What do y’all want me to yell at the CAG today

At what point in the Rule 0 discussion is it appropriate to discuss banning entire colors.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Baazar Trader, War's Toll, duh. who even plays land destruction lmao

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

I'm gonna argue that even if you are familiar with D&D the cards are still a let down. There's a handful of good stuff but nothing even remotely like Strixhaven, of all things, where I want the rush of maybe cracking a sweet looking Demonic Tutor and Strixhaven cards are like fine as opposed to whatever this set is trying to be.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Flutch posted:

I’m a Jund fiend and want to give Yurlock a try.

My buddy just threw together a Yurlock deck and boy howdy has it been fun to play against.

As for the LD question, my group has no qualms with it but your milage may vary. Targeted land destruction absolutely has a place in even casual builds and mass land destruction isn't completely game breaking, just very grindy if there is no win con on the board.

Talk to your group but honestly you should at least be running Ghost Quarter, etc, to deal with problem lands.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Framboise posted:

I will never stop being astonished over how many grown rear end adults are really, really sore losers.

This is really the core of the problem. If you build a commander deck where your commander needs to be dealt with on sight, the next logical step shouldn't be a tantrum. It should be "how do I make sure it's able to stick." Either figure out how to make sure your commander can get a swing in or stop playing remove on sight commanders. Simple as that. I love playing my Niv-Mizzet draw-go deck but I expect him to get hosed 2-4 times per game because loving lol if my group is gonna let me get card draw and ping damage and/or give me the chance to drop an Ophidian Eye/Curiosity/Charisma on him.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

That's just ridiculous. Obviously it'll be [Suspend - 1]

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

To piggyback on this: I get that they wanted to tie it into the Shattered Glass thing they're doing in the comics as well but at least use Bumblebee for the not Shattered Glass version instead of Goldbug.

Ffs the entire point of Shattered Glass is that the Autobots are evil so having Optimus Prime, Hero with the SG treatment seems like a poor choice as well. I feel like these cards clearly weren't made for MtG fans or Transformers fans so I'm clearly not the target audience as both.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Congrats MaRo, you reprinted reserve list cards. loving do it for real now you cowards.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

I feel like this isn't an admission of anything and is another attempt to see just how much people will pay for their product.

Proxies aren't anything new and won't go away. They've never been tournament legal and if anything, this is akin to the CE set but stupid. I can be generous and say this is an attempt to see what added inventory like this would do to the reserved list but I won't be. They don't give a poo poo and so long as they keep hiding behind the reserved list, that'll be clear.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Third, or whatevering, the idea to just order a stack and show them off. My group was on the fence about proxies until I played a deck with some in there and they are all on board now. We're getting the first of what will probably be many orders together this week.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

OG Duals are one turn slower than lands printed at common in recent sets. One extra turn in a low power deck isn't gonna change much. I'd argue fetches are a step up in power over duals in that scenario.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Legit, I don't feel like it's a complete waste of a deck. I think the issue with the 1-10 power delineation is that people look at the scale differently so a 3 might be a 7 to other people. For example, your deck has card draw and interaction. To me, that's a sign of a not low tier deck. The endgame may not be ideal or strong but you'll clearly be doing things for most of the game.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

It's a 3 mana colorless proliferate that gives you 1/3 colored mana every turn after the first that it shows up. This is not a weak card even with it coming into play tapped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Johnny Truant posted:

He had the audacity to claim we were ganging up in him whenever we'd delete her instantaneously lol

Maybe I'm the one with hosed up thinking but when I'm a piece away from locking the board down or am playing one of my pain in the rear end decks, I don't see people ganging up on me as something to complain about. Threat assessment is value and if I'm the threat, then I guess my deck is working that game.