Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
The problem is less that shrine isn't a creature type. It's that they lack a creature type at all so you can't even go "yes it's a clue myr. Clue is an artefact subtype, myr is a creature type."

So it's a creature but it's not any specific kind of creature, I'm honestly just amazed they aren't Spirits.

Jiro posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXe6fSE6KfU

Command Zone ep going over all the multi colored potential commanders

Apparently Go-Shintai is only available in set boosters.

Same with the curse commander from the last set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Not even that, Sheldon was like "Hey is there an anti-nazi artist who can do some alters for me?" and Seb stood up and screamed "IT IS I! THE NAZI ADJACENT ARTIST!"

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I'm not gonna take down my current seb art or stop using seb playmats.. no sense throwing away poo poo I spent lots of money on.

But he's basically torpedoed his chances of getting any more vanity Kickstarters to fund his movies actually funded.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

The way I look at it, me using a Seb playmat or having Mythos prints up in my office isn't going to convince someone to buy those things, because they can't anymore. And if someone asks I can tell them that he was a good artist before he went full chud.

That said my secret Santa got me a secretgp playmat and I can't wait for an opportunity to spring that on my opponent.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Yes, the "does a creature have insufficient toughness to continue being alive" check happens before the "should these counters and anti-counters annihilate themselves?" Check

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

theironjef posted:

They make a decent cycle is the thing. 5 chromatic, 5 metallic, 5 colors. I woulda probably picked Copper instead of Brass for black, but there's enough unique stuff about each type to come up with more pie matches beyond just "Black is bad guys".

also they already did Gold... and it was a gold card.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Magnetic North posted:

:orks: Oi, orkz is green! Green is best! :orks:

Also, didn't the Eldar gently caress a chaos god into being? That sounds red to me.

Eldar hosed a chaos god into being so now they're hideous prudes. Dark Eldar are the guys who want to keep loving so they kidnap people and sacrifice them to the god they hosed into being so it won't eat their souls instead.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Ignite Memories posted:

Well technically I think this setting's Orks are very firmly in Temur territory, but if I try to do a cycle of wedges there's only 3 that really work (mardu imperium, jeskai tau are the other two)

Sultai dark eldar? Abzan eldar?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Robviously posted:

Time to make a lasagna tier Garfield tribal deck, I guess

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Framboise posted:

Hey! Remember all those Stranger Things secret lair cards?

https://scryfall.com/sets/slx?as=grid&order=set

Their Universes Within reprints now exist and they're dirt cheap, scoop 'em up if you want 'em-- you can probably get all of them for less than 10bux. (Do it with the Walking Dead ones now, WotC. I want me a Rick and Negan equivalent.)

Where do you get these from, physically? SNC's list?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/first-look-pride-across-multiverse-2022-05-02

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Jiro posted:

Would Mirror Box remedy that? Or would it still be labeled as a Legendary?

Nope. For various reasons.
The cards are still legendary, the rule just does not apply to them. Also it doesn't affect cards in graveyards. I don't think there's a way to remove the legendary type from a card in a graveyard.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Infinite Karma posted:

Body Double would work hypothetically, if it was in the right color identity.

I don't think so, as the controller would be the one making the choice, and they can always choose "no creature."

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Batterypowered7 posted:

I laugh every time I remember they quietly shelved that awful Diablo-like last year.

They need to step up their partnerships. Where is the M:tG x Bad Dragon collab with Nicol Bolas and Ugin dildos? The Nicol Bolas one is an ovipositor that spits out the Gem of Becoming into your preferred orifice.

It would be The Gem of Becumming, clearly.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

My deck's a 7 when represented in base 16 on a 3d plane.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

This seems silly.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Will be fun with

Whenever ~ attacks a player with 8 or more lands you may look at the top 8 cards. Choose a creature and put it into play tapped and attacking that player.

There's no way the attack triggers interact. The Myriad owlbears come into play tapped and attacking, and the Creatures put into play from the owlbear come in tapped and attacking, So all of them miss the "When X Attacks" part of the Myriad and Owlbear triggers.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

it's not so much that as it is how "When X Attacks" is determined. It's when a creature goes from "is not an attacker" to "is an attacker", if they are created already attacking then they did not "Attack" for the purposes of triggers.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Mitch lost a lot of Internet clout after he tried to make himself into the commander antipope, and instead made a format inhabited entirely by Nazis.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

also: if there's an infinite loop of two players choosing something, (Such as with Illicit Auction) the active player is obligated to break the loop, even if that would result in them losing.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I'd let someone take back trying to kill a four toughness creature with three damage. But not a spell cast into a chalice.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Johnny Truant posted:

:hmmyes:

I second guess myself on p much everything, so all the thread's classifications are very helpful!

I'm putting the finishing touches on my Rowan/Will Kenrith goad deck, and realized that with Astral Dragon + Cursed Mirror I can make infinite dragons! Looking for maybe one more situational combo piece like that, and when I spied Mindlink Mech's wording I wanted to see if I could get another infinite dragon piece together :getin:

Liitjara reflection will create two Astral dragons from one cast which will give you infinite dragons. Miirym will give you infinite dragons, basically anything that makes a token copy of the astral dragon itself will give you infinite astral dragons in addition to any clone creature that ETBs as a copy.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

TotalHell posted:

Love those Canadian folks. And at least based on the bit Graham did at the start of that one Loading Ready Live, it sounds like the cancer is very treatable. Fingers crossed.

Yeah the doctors are super hopeful and he's just trying to juggle his job, life, and treatment now. He initially said he'd probably stop showing up on camera once he lost his hair but maybe he's feeling better about how he looks so who knows.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

They should just complete the Tainted land cycle from Torment and make them a precon standard.

They.. did? Unless you mean a full four card cycle for each basic land type?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Once I tapped for U (I tapped)
Now I give B too.
These Tainted lands you've given
Really need to be reprinted
Give me peaks and give me fields Oooh

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Yes, the token would copy the creature as it ETBs, it would not have haste, and it would not change back at EOT.

Liitjara Reflections is a fun one because if you have it in play before you cast Miirym, it'll create a token copy that resolves before Miirym enters, and make a non-legendary Miirym token before you have to decide which one you wanna keep.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Wow awful this is not the thread I wanted to reply to.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I was replying to the ME thread and the app decided it was better served to go here apparently.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Jiro posted:

He was always the ultimate Capitalist and racist ,other than Ashley, always a shame that I wanted a complex dialogue fight at the end of ME3 to just have the Illusive Man eat a bullet like you could do with Saren if your Paragon or Renegade stats were high enough to berate him to do it.

You can talk him into eating his gun in ME3. You have to have exhausted the left side tree in every single previous conversation with him, otherwise it's not possible and he shoots Anderson instead.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

If they ban dockside after I spent a bunch of money on the deck that had it but not having been able to play with it because my playgroup imploded I'm going to be slightly salty.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

The Tyranid deck seems very laser focused on what it wants to do and only a few cards in there strike me as "We just wanted a tyranid themed legendary but it doesn't really mesh with the rest of the deck"

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

They said it was all new art but they were intentionally trying to ape the style of the 80s cartoon for the non-showcase cards.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Toshimo posted:

Not true. Volta is a known good industry house and is used by plenty of big players: https://www.artstation.com/voltastudio

You may not like the direction Hasbro gave them, but they clearly did what the client wanted.

I think they're talking about the 80s transformer cartoon. Not volta studio.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

NINE HUNDRED AND NINETY NINE UNITED STATES DOLLARS

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I think this finally broke the RC.
https://twitter.com/mtgcommander/status/1577297251512221697

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Railing Kill posted:

lol

"None of this is legal, but we're going to pretend we don't care for a sec so you go and buy this bullshit that the Foreboding Voice in our earpiece is telling us you should buy."

I interpreted it more as "If the fuckers are saying this is okay for commander/cube then Proxy all you want so long as it isn't somewhere official, we aren't panopticoning your spelltable games."

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Settle a debate for me:

Dude plays and places , and says that Spore Chimey triggers from the number of +1/+1 tokens gained, I argue that it doesn't proc at all, since he didn't actually pay anything for X. It still comes in huge based off his lands, but that's all. Right?

It doesn't proc at all because he didn't pay anything for X.

Heath posted:

Yeah I'm really not clear on it. Ravenous is an EtB thing so it doesn't directly reference its casting cost as the "source" of the counters. The enchantment reads as though it's replacing the X in the cost.

Nope, ravenous cares about the amount of Mana paid for X costs, not the number of counters.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Yeah there was a rules update a while ago that let permanents remember what their X Value was when cast for the purposes of their ETB. One of the things this enables is if you copy a permanent spell with an X in the cost then both will remember their X value. This only works if you copy it *while* it's a spell. If you copy it once it ETBs then the copied X will be zero.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

My friend have you heard of Hydras.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I posted the Thrashing Brontodon art in the main thread that goes full on fetish art.

I'll see your Thrashing Brontodon and raise you