Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Because, hoo boy, I really cannot stand the Tour de France!

Sure, it’s some nice endurance bicycling through gorgeous landscapes, but at the same time probably nobody has won it in several decades without being doped up to their ears with performance enhancing drug cocktails, while pretending that it was all due to their hard training and will! Bloody hypocrites, all of those involved.

You know what would improve that race? Be honest and loving embrace the drugs! In Formula One it is not only the drivers competing against each other, but also the car companies and their engineers. Do that for the mfing TdF! I want to see Team Pfizer, Team Bayer, GlaxoSmithKline and Novartis competing against each other! Heck, add some South American drug cartels promoting their organic cocaine! I want to see chemical abominations, Bane like monsters on bicycles. Till then, gently caress off, TdF

What other sports could be improved by being honest and fully embracing their unethical sides?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
I've overheard a guy hating on Formula E because the cars don't sound like real cars.

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo
Its only OK to hate Israelis and British people.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
The Detroit Grand Prix needs to gently caress off and die and quit tearing up Belle Isle every summer, and I'm proud to say I spit on racers if I see them

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Conversely, is it okay if you hate all races? Keep it really inclusive.

NASCAR, Tour De France, Isle of Man TT, Boston Marathon, Americas Cup, anything really. If you're gonna try to get from point A to point B, and you're gonna try to time it, forget it. Garbage!

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Car Hater posted:

The Detroit Grand Prix needs to gently caress off and die and quit tearing up Belle Isle every summer, and I'm proud to say I spit on racers if I see them

I dont think you're being objective.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Mate if they removed Jeddah, sochi, Yas marina and Paul Ricard from the calendar nothing would be lost

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
i want to see tour de france but instead of drugged up dudes doing it it's those creepy rear end robots that walk like humans. teach them to ride a bike.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
This thread is certainly going places.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
I've been playing a racing game called Dirt lately, and I gotta ask why the gently caress do people dig these ditches next to the roads in Jämsä, Finland. They're like custom built for somersaulting a Mini Cooper S into a forest. gently caress that race. Also there's a specific turn that is definitely not "left 3 tightens", it's "slam the breaks fucko or we both die".

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem

Greg of Doom posted:

Its only OK to hate Israelis and British people.

What does that have to do with sports? Stick to the topic, please! :mad:

reignofevil posted:

This thread is certainly going places.

You mean like… page two?

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

I hate the rat race.

The movie Rat Race is aight though.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Tarquinn posted:

What does that have to do with sports? Stick to the topic, please! :mad:

They both play cricket. Always a solid reason to base a hatred on.

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle
Only if you hate all races of that kind, its not ok to only hate the Kentucky derby, but if you hate all horse races then its fine IMOH.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

dc3k posted:

i want to see tour de france but instead of drugged up dudes doing it it's those creepy rear end robots that walk like humans. teach them to ride a bike.

Kraftwerk like the Tour de France, and they also like robots so it seems a pretty clear next step for the race to just embrace that tbh

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Bike races are a blight on any community they appear in. You see one in your neighborhood and it’s already over. I see a bike race and my first instinct is to avert my eyes and cross the street, but then they all start swerving and screaming at me.

They do seem to be able to naturally move fast, I’ll give them that.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Yeah it is odd that people competing in an event specifically designed to go fast to get it over with as fast as possible would be moving quickly

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Car Hater posted:

Oh you mean the event created to try and bring money to that blighted shithole

But gently caress Monaco. And the coke 600. Anything at Cota can gently caress off too

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I hate Monaco :smug:

Edit: lol

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Monaco sucks so hard. Just parade laps unless someone fucks up.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

(guy who didnt read op) yes I’m racist as well against Armenians and peoples from former yugoslavia. Its nice we finally have a thread about this

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I'd love races more if they removed restrictions. So many sports ruined because "MY BALANCES". Yeah, we gotta be fair etc. But the closest we have is Le Mans. I want an entire series where there's no rules about from what might kill or harm others. You want to strap a loving jet turbine on your car? Go for it. I don't give a gently caress.

This bullshit about only allowing certain chassis, or engines can only be XYZ sepcifications. gently caress that. Ball bearing wheels, eight wheels, treads, you're a block, you're a circle, go loving ham. Just go fast.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

They should end Tour de France when this guy dies

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Does nascar count?

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Countless friends have died in the yearly Finnish Bucket Sneaking Championship race

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem

Icochet posted:

Countless friends have died in the yearly Finnish Bucket Sneaking Championship race

One might say they did not ... finnish.

:v:

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

when it comes to cars I'm kinda like

Rally Racing > Nascar > street racing > drag racing > F1 > E-F1

but there could be other car racing i'm not considering here....

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
No, OP, some races are just inherently inferior

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Icochet posted:

Crab races

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Just go at your own pace imo

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010
It's okay to hate the London marathon if you need to use the streets that get closed off for it, or if your local chip shop owner always does it to raise money for disabled children and you feel obliged to contribute.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Pug Rodeo posted:

I hate the rat race.

The movie Rat Race is aight though.

Rolands Rat Race for the C64 was ace and had a banging soundtrack.

It's OK to hate the Speccy version tho

frumpykvetchbot fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Dec 27, 2021

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

I've overheard a guy hating on Formula E because the cars don't sound like real cars.

Formula E has a thing where the cars have a limited speed boost and whichever driver gets the most mentions on social media gets extra boost. It's pretty lame

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

loving race purists and race appologists ITT, I am disgust.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
rally racing owns bring group B back goddamnit

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

verbal enema posted:

A Group B race is definitely the master race

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

verbal enema posted:

cars got faster than group B ever was within like a few years of banning it. I mean i get it cause they were death machines that had no grip vs their power, and i think current cars could be improved by having worse suspensions or tires just to necessitate sideways driving more, but the gp B cars themselves are now slow as poo poo.

letting crowds back onto the roads though, that is cool and nice

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The tour de france would be greatly improved if they stopped worrying about what drugs the athletes are taking. Let them dope themselves up! It will enhance their performance, it's what it's made to do.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

syntaxfunction posted:

I'd love races more if they removed restrictions. So many sports ruined because "MY BALANCES". Yeah, we gotta be fair etc. But the closest we have is Le Mans. I want an entire series where there's no rules about from what might kill or harm others. You want to strap a loving jet turbine on your car? Go for it. I don't give a gently caress.

This bullshit about only allowing certain chassis, or engines can only be XYZ sepcifications. gently caress that. Ball bearing wheels, eight wheels, treads, you're a block, you're a circle, go loving ham. Just go fast.

It's been done:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Can-Am
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_B

People get killed a lot so they always have to knock it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

The tour de france would be greatly improved if they stopped worrying about what drugs the athletes are taking. Let them dope themselves up! It will enhance their performance, it's what it's made to do.

That's some hot take and I would enjoy watching olympic games where all the athletes are roided up neckless doom soldiers whose hearts explode before age 25. But I don't think you go far enough. They should also rescind the ban on performance enhancing cyberprosthetics. Just imagine 400m records if sprinters could have massive brushless motors and wheels for legs.