Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

its the time of year for the only award that matters, the impies. all games you played this year are eligible for whenever they came out but i'm also gonna include my personal game of the year for a game released this year, along with a bunch of other honorable mentions i wanted to talk about more. without further ado:

MY IMPY GOES TO YAKUZA 6. there's so much to say about this game that i won't try to write everything up here, but it's phenomenal. the game is a perfect sendoff for kiryu, the emotional core of the game is handled perfectly, and the dragon engine is an insanely cool piece of tech. i've got problems with individual things that felt either rushed or like they could have done more (i wish thered been a real last conversation between him and majima or him and daigo, and not being able to go to the champion district or purgatory sucks, not to mention the lack of minigames), but the game has so much heart that any piddling poo poo doesnt matter. ryu ga gotoku really cared about the game, and theyre masters of making you care just as much as they do. at the end of the day thats the strength of the yakuza games imo.

i came within a gnats rear end of giving my impy to yakuza: like a dragon instead. honestly, most of the stuff from the last paragraph could be said here too. changing their flagship game series to a totally different style of game that no one there had ever done before is one of the ballsiest things ive ever seen a game studio do and honestly they pulled it off. the system change instantly makes ichiban feel different from kiryu, and they've really done an amazing job writing him as a character thats just as cool and fun as kiryu but in a totally different way. the rpg systems were pretty solid for a first try overall (although i hope they tighten some poo poo up a bit and figure out how to do the big cinematic fights better in this system for the sequel) but the big thing is that they took the lessons they learned making yakuza 6 and brought them forward here in a big way. the character writing is just absolutely out of this world, i cared about everyone in the main party (except eri, but writing optional characters in an rpg is tough), and the scenario just ramps up and escalates perfectly and the ending is absolutely wonderful. i think the only reason yakuza 6 has the slight edge is that endings are a lot harder to do well than beginnings, but man i'm so fuckin ready to see where they take ichiban.

imo the best game released in 2021 is metroid dread. i can't believe we had no idea this game existed eight months ago, its basically perfect. moving feels great, combat feels great, every power up makes you feel like an insane badass in combat and out of combat, and the systems are tight enough to feel satisfying while still allowing for crazy sequence breaks and exploits and stuff. this is an all-timer for sure.

i'm not gonna finish smt5 this year but it's crazy well designed and on hard it's tough as hell. the power curve is perfectly designed, the big areas are tons of fun to move around in and find stuff in, youve got so much power over how your demons get built up that you can do basically whatever you want but it never completely busts the game in half, and the boss fights are all complete nailbiters. this game kicks a ton of rear end and i'm excited to notch it off in 2022

this was kind of the year of the perfectly designed jrpg. i could pretty much word for word copy that paragraph about smt5 and every word woudl apply to bravely default 2. the writing is whatever but gettin a new job and going into the mind palace to see how it perfectly links up with all your other jobs to create a perfect killing machine is absolutely an unmatched gaming feel. apparently i played this game for 100 hours and i loved every minute of it.

last game i'm gonna go into detail on is disco elysium. the writing here is perfect. theres nothing that could be changed about that would make the game better. the world is incredible, all the characters feel like people and harry and kim are both incredibly cool and interesting. i think about this game on maybe a daily basis and i cant wait to replay it again someday.

honorable mentions:
la-mulana 2
saga frontier remastered
prey 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Best Game I played this year: Sekiro, the greatest game god ever created. Probably my all time favourite game.

Best game I played from 2021: Returnal. Pretty sure this is the only game from 2021 I actually played lol but I also think it's really good.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

My Impy 2k21: Shin Megami Tensei V - I'm about 80% through the game but it's clearly my choice. Amazing music, setting, callbacks that don't feel cheap. Combat is S tier. You're constantly finding new skills and swapping things around so it never gets old. They've made some changes to the core mechanics that I think work really well for this game most of the time. Some nerfs I don't like, but they've mitigated that by making Charge/Concentrate usable items and demon skills. The only thing I don't like are your classmates, but they've become less annoying the further in I get.

Best Game I Played That Didn't Come Out This Year: Yakuza Kiwami 2 - Played this way early in the year and I still listen to the soundtrack sometimes. A drat near perfect game and up there with 0 for me.

Games I Really Need To Finish: Yakuza 5, Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Honorable Mentions: Mario Golf - Low on khantent at launch, but still the best coop game I've played this year. Nocturne HD - it's Nocturne. Forza Horizon 5 - Not quite Burnout but close enough for me

Game I Would Like More Imps To Play: Sable - The only thing holding this game back is the performance. I haven't played it in several months but there's been a few patches since then so it can only be a positive thing. Scratched the BOTW itch I had for climbing/exploration. It's not anywhere near as polished as BOTW so don't expect that, but it's still very nice to glide 50 miles from a high vantage point to find a treasure. Upgrading your bike & stamina wheel is drat near a goomba stomp moment

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Best Game I Played This Year: Yakuza 0, although Yakuza 5 might beat it when I finally finish that, and Yakuza Kiwami 2 makes it close. All the Yakuza games have been incredible and I'm so happy that I have Yakuza 5 to finish, and four more of them to play after that. Hell, if there isn't another one by the time I finish the series, I might just come back to Yakuza 0. Honorable mention to Disco Elysium (I played it just before the added content, so I can revisit it in a few years.

Best Game I Played that Came out in 2021: Metroid Dread. Great bosses, smooth controls, and getting the boss to cycle to that one move you can counter and then nailing it is one of the best goomba stomps in gaming. Just an awesome, atmospheric game that Nintendo just pulled out of their hat.

Best classic game that I finally played: Castlevania. It was always on my list and it lived up to the hype.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Impy 2021: Dragon Quest XI

I played it for 80 hours, then played it a second time for 100 hours, then started playing it with my fiancee for we'll see how long.

Best 2021 new game: Metroid Dread

Biggest Surprise: Inscryption

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
good poo poo op.

I'm going to copy you and say Yakuza 6 wins it all. Being the last kiryu game i spent a ton of time in it when i didn't know what else to play, in addition to all the things that were already said.

metroid dread is my 2021 goty its insanely sick obviously. and uh halo infinite was also my favourite 2021 game of the year

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I've got to give my Impy to Nier Replicant, a game that just blew me away on every conceivable level. The gameplay was fun but it was everything else that left such an impression on me. The story and the way you replay a particular section of the game but with more context to that story were great, the cast is extremely likable and have become some of my favorite characters in gaming, and the soundtrack is unbelievable--it's the only game where I've ever set the controller down just to listen to the background music for a while. The game was sometimes funny, sometimes sweet, sometimes melancholy or even heartbreaking, and at all times had this really arresting dreamlike tone. It's not the best game I've played this year per se, but it's up there and it's definitely the one that had the biggest impact on me, which is why it gets the Impy.

The actual best game this year goes to Shin Megami Tensei V. I have a few little nitpicks here and there but overall the combat was polished to perfection, and negotiating and fusing demons and experimenting with essences to form the perfect party to counter the boss that's been stomping you is a fantastic feeling. I found the difficulty curve very satisfying, where you get stomped hard in every fight, slowly start to build your strength and fine-tune your party until you're strong enough to take on everything the area can throw at you, only to move on to the next area and start immediately getting stomped and do it all over again. I've enjoyed all the SMT games I've played a lot but this might be my favorite of them.

My Impy for Surprise of the Year goes to World's End Club, a game that I thought looked kind of cute when it was announced at that Nintendo Direct a while back but didn't anticipate ever playing. Then the demo interested me enough to buy the full game as soon as I finished it and I ended up getting really hooked. The actual platforming gameplay is intensely mediocre when it comes up but the visual novel portions are great, the art style is very charming, it had a catchy soundtrack, likable characters, crazy plot twists, and a goofy sense of humor that made me laugh out loud sometimes. It's definitely not for everyone and I get the mixed reviews but it really landed for me.

Honorable mentions to Resident Evil VIII and Metroid Dread for 2021 games, and to Dragon Quest V and Unavowed for older games that I played for the first time this year. Also quick shoutouts to Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD and the Ace Attorney trilogy, it seems like every year I find a new series or two to latch onto and play obsessively for months and these two kicked off this year's obsessions.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

My Impy goes to Monster Hunter: Rise, a game in which I went so crazy it was severely eating into my work time and I felt like I had to calmly put it into a drawer to save my career and family life. The movement in this game was so sick and I had a blast making gimmick outfits. Best fun I had was making all the elder dragon rock paper scissor armor outfits and hunting horns and dragging randoms through the fights.

Honorable mentions:

Cyberpunk, finished it in January and played it again recently. Deec Game

Stardew: Finally made it to the end game for once.

Mass Effect Legend Edition: Nice to finally play ME1 and revisit the other games

Persona 5: The Royal: Started so strong. My first Persona. The only game I ever played and bothered finishing that I truly believed was way too long. Most games I would have just switched off, but its a testament to the gameplay that I could punch through the dire story.

Animal Crossing: Still keep coming back to it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i really didn't play that many new games this year, and finished even less- but I beat Halo Infinite. it's possible there's a 2021 game I'll like better now that I have the switch and I slowly work through them over next year, but despite the retarded story and the somewhat disjointed campaign, Halo infinite is the best shooter I played since probably tribes ascend or titanfall 2. It just feels so loving good to play, lol.

as for non-2021 games, I got fairly far into Hades this year, heat level 15 or so. very good, addicting game. normally I hate story in games, but Hades paces it correctly for that kind of short, fast paced action game- brief bits here and there, basically only existing as optional content and banter before boss fights.

unfortunately I think that's it for stuff that's new to me- getting the Xbox was a really good idea, but it also means I had my normal flow disrupted quite a bit. like I was halfway through an attempt to finish neir automata, and I don't want to continue it on PC with the Xbox right there, so I haven't gotten around to it yet. same for finishing Nioh 2 dlc- it runs like rear end on my PC and I lent out my PS4.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Guilty Gear Strive - i love it, been playing it more than any other fg in the past, got some of my fg-curious friends into it, i feel liek im leveling up. i admit that the gatling system is more limiting than previous ggs, but it's its own thing and i like it. and +R is like five bucks and has rollback now so you can do that too.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Best game I played this year: Yakuza 0. I actively put off playing it because I thought I wouldn't like it and holy crap was I wrong. Yakuza Kiwami 2, Dragon Quest XI, and Hades were also fantastic. Good year for games I missed!

Best new game: The Binding of Isaac: Repentance. They finally released an Isaac expansion that adds more good poo poo than bad poo poo, it's a miracle. I'm never going to finish Tainted Cain now but hell, I'll take it. Runners up are whatever game pass trash I played.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Halo Infinite. Movement, gunplay are top tier. Multiplayer is fun again. You play as chief for the entire game. Halos back baby.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

it's between two games for my Impy, but i think i'm gonna give the nod to Fire Emblem: Three Houses. it's not a perfect game and having to replay the first half 3-4 times to see all of the story got kinda tedious, but i'm having trouble remembering the last time a game dug its claws into me as hard as 3H did. i've poured a ton of hours into it across beating two routes and getting the other two into post-timeskip, and it got me interested in Fire Emblem as a whole when i didn't particularly care about the series before i picked up the game on a whim.

runner-up has to be OMORI. i do think it's a game where you need a certain type of brainworms to get the most out of it, and they're ones i happen to have. all-around excellent, even if it dragged in a couple of places

honorable mentions: Super Mario Odyssey, Katamari Damacy REROLL, DOOM Eternal

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Best games I played this year were Yakuza Kiwami 2 and Luigi's Mansion 3. Both excellent for very different reasons. Seems like this was the Year of Yakuza in the Zone. Honorable mention to Xenoblade Chronicles 2, which ate an incredible amount of my time.

Best classic game I played for the first time this year was Ape Escape 2.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

2021 impy goes to: Quake 1. Played through the campaign and all of the official map packs for the first time this year, fantastic game, great action and level design. out of the 100 levels there was maybe 1 or 2 stinkers. I felt like I've been missing out my whole life

Replay impy: Dark Souls 3: Cinders Mod - I must have played through DS3 4 times this year alone because cinders adds in so much customization and character building options. basically brings all the good ideas from sotfs into a more solid game

Actual new game impy: Yakuza Kiwami 2. Just fantastic. Shooting through several yakuzas in a row was a mistake as I started to get burnout, but this is a godlike title.

Bob's Indie Treasure Of The Year: Slay The Spire - Absolutely devoured this game. i have never given a poo poo about 'deck builders,' and the character art in this game is iffy, but it is insanely addictive, fast turn-based combat where you constantly make critical decisions. they actually use the rogue-like structure to do a lot of interesting stuff I've never seen in other titles. game owns and is a steal for 10 bucks on switch

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
2021 Impy goes to: Dragon Quest 11

Best game I played this year: Dragon Quest 11

Actual New Game Impy: Halo Infinite

Worst Game I beat this year : Zombies Ate my Neighbors

Best Indie Game Surprise : That radiohead game that was free on epic game store, if you are a fan its a must play

Most Bizarre Game I played this year : Super James Pond

I beat 49 games this year and played many more than that, overall another great year for gaming and gamers

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
best game i played released this year was metroid dread by default, but im pretty sure that's the right choice anyway. best game i played not released this year was persona 4 i reckon. honorable mention goes to the phoenix wright trilogy but those are barely games so merely honorable they must be.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Fave New Games: Monster Hunter Rise & Halo Infinite
Fave Old Games: DS3 & Rocket League
Best Games I Haven’t Played Yet: Inscryption & Metroid Dread
True Gamepass Stinkers Presented By Hanes: Bleeding Edge & The Ascent

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Best classic game: final fantasy 5

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

extremebuff posted:

2021 impy goes to: Quake 1. Played through the campaign and all of the official map packs for the first time this year, fantastic game, great action and level design. out of the 100 levels there was maybe 1 or 2 stinkers. I felt like I've been missing out my whole life

Replay impy: Dark Souls 3: Cinders Mod - I must have played through DS3 4 times this year alone because cinders adds in so much customization and character building options. basically brings all the good ideas from sotfs into a more solid game

Actual new game impy: Yakuza Kiwami 2. Just fantastic. Shooting through several yakuzas in a row was a mistake as I started to get burnout, but this is a godlike title.

Bob's Indie Treasure Of The Year: Slay The Spire - Absolutely devoured this game. i have never given a poo poo about 'deck builders,' and the character art in this game is iffy, but it is insanely addictive, fast turn-based combat where you constantly make critical decisions. they actually use the rogue-like structure to do a lot of interesting stuff I've never seen in other titles. game owns and is a steal for 10 bucks on switch

you should check out monster train bob, its similar conceptually to slay the spire but it does enough stuff totally different that it feels super cool

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Impy 2021: Think I have to agree with Chuck and give it to Nier Replicant. Maybe not the best game but as an overall experience I think it affected me the most.

Best game of 2021: Metroid Dread, such an awesome surprise. Honorable mention goes to Monster Hunter Rise which I didn't expect to get so into but kicked insane amounts of rear end.

Best game not made in 2021: Probably Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne, although I played a lot of kickass RPGs this year like Dragon Quest IV-VI and Wild Arms

Worst game I beat this year: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, although it wasn't even that horrible, just not nearly as good as the other games in the series

Games I need to beat: FF7 Remake, Yakuza 5 and SMT V which I've barely touched so far

All in all, a good year for gaming. Imp Zone remains the best forum on the internet

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Most Underrated Game: Outriders

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In the Games I need to beat category: Yakuza 5, 6, Judgement, Like a Dragon, Lost Judgement. Dragon Quest XI. Then I would like to play my first SMT game, probably will just jump into 5. I think that'll be my whole 2022, in addition to a smattering of new releases like FF6 Pixel Remaster, Breath of the Wild 2 if it comes out, whatever surprises Nintendo has in store, and any DLC for Cyberpunk

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

impy goty for me is Halo Infinite.

impy 2021 release is metroid dread

replay impy is castlevania sotn

biggest surprise: i was gonna give this to Wonder Labryinth but its gonna be metroid dread again.

games i need to beat: yakuza kiwami

impy post of the year: moregon trail

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
My goty : Metroid Dread
Super Metroid is to dark souls as dread is to sekiro, nuff said.

My impy: Dragon Quest 11. Pure perfection. The most joyful gaming experience of my life and it lasted over a hundred hours. incredibly thoughtfully made and a testament to design in general

Honorable mention: disco Elysium. Fantastic writing, and Kim is my favorite companion in a game so far. The streamlined rpg system really cemented this as a favorite since I don’t always want to learn combat systems in rpgs

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Impy 2021: Yakuza 7. It's great that this started with what everyone thought was an April Fools joke. The systems need to be ironed out a little better but everything else about the game is very charming and cool. Yakuza 8 is gonna be the goat.

Runner-up: Psychonauts 2. Game looks fantastic but the difficulty curve is a straight line and the story gets to be a little hard to care about past the big twist.

Indie Impy 2021: Sable. Possibly just the chillest game I've played, just floating around a desert making dust clouds, collecting scrap iron.

I.I. Runner up: Unsighted. Scratches the Hyper Light Drifter itch I'd been having for a while. The limited time component is not for everyone and parrying is both easy and overpowered. It's also big as hell for a game like this. If you like HLD or Cross/code you should check it out.

Worst game I beat: Suikoden Tierkreis. What a boring loving game.

Plebian Parasite fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Dec 29, 2021

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
Best game I played this year: Death Stranding. I basically disappeared from real life for about 3 weeks while playing this. I'm praying for news about the Director's Cut coming to the PC

Best new game I played: Resident Evil Village. Mostly because I didn't play many new games this year. It was good enough that I beat it three times, which is very unusual for me when it comes to single-player games.

Best multiplayer: Deep Rock Galactic. This has been fun to play with friends on and off throughout the year.

Indie Treasure:
Death's Door. Scratches a classic Zelda itch really nicely and has a really cool atmosphere between the visuals, the music, and the writing. It's $15 on Steam right now

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
Personal GOTY: Dragon quest 11, no question that it's an all timer as one of the best games ever made. ill never forget my summer of dragon quest experience, and its now what ill compare other rpgs/jrpgs to when looking into playing another one since i know what perfection feels like.

'21 release of the year: Resident evil village, pushed my 3070 to the max and i was literally awestruck at the visuals and environments start to finish and the gameplay was simple and solid.

Honorable shout outs:
Neir Replicant - i loved automata just a bit more but replicant is solid in the story/music category. excited to see what comes next for the franchise.
Doom Eternal - replayed this on the hardest difficulty since i bitched out on my 1st playthrough and turned it down a notch. still feel accomplished knowing i mastered the combat loop. wonder where it'll go after the ending of the DLCs.
Dusk - pure ownage
Disco Elysium The Final Cut - truly a unique game, one of a kind. what hasnt been said about this already?

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

played a ton of Cool poo poo this year because I had a ton of extra Gaming Time as i was on paternity leave the first two months of the year and then got to take another month leave while i was in between jobs.

my 2021 Impy/GOTY is SMT5. God Tier Game

Other 2021 games I played this year that also Owned - Yakuza: Like A Dragon (I'm counting this as the PS5 port came out in Jan), Persona 5 Strikers, Bravely Default 2 , FF7R - the Yuffie bullshit with the long name , Mon Hun Stories 2

Non 2021 games I played this year that stood out to me - Judgement (I need to come back and finish this so I can start Lost Judgement) , Control (which owned and made me pickup the Alan Wake remaster) , Ghost of Tsushima , PoE2: Deadfire

Biggest Surprise/Disappointment - Tales of Arise. The overhauled combat system was a ton of fun and I actually enjoyed some of the boss fights having a higher difficulty spike but man the latter half of the game with regard to pacing and story just didn't stick the landing. Most of the game it feels like they're slowly building to something grandiose but you're waiting for a payoff that just never comes. Like I definitely can't say I regret playing it, and the new systems give me hope for what a future game could be, but I walked away with an overall bad taste in my mouth with how lovely the story ended up being.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Best Game I Played This Year: Pathfinder Kingmaker. Very juanknky and had to play it heavilly modded but as someone who hates CRPGs I had a great time with it.

Best Game Released in 2021: Metroid Dread. Tense as gently caress, got me incredibly pissed and frustrated, nevertheless got me fistpumping at the end.

Honorable Mention: Bowser's Fury mode from SM3DW. I feel a game like this should be its own standalone with new content instead of just an expansion.

Gacha Dishonorable Mention that I spent too much money and time: Azur Lane

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Dec 29, 2021

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Best new game: Metroid Dread
Best old game played for the first time: Dragon Quest XI
Game I played the most: Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Best online multiplayer: Halo Infinite
Best couch co-op: Warioware: Get It Together!
Best gaming with imps: Monster Hunter Rise

herculon fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Dec 30, 2021

Lmao Tzu
Sep 11, 2014

Played a lot of good poo poo this year but the most genuine gaming joy I felt was from Bowser’s Fury and a close second is Teardown

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I was in a quite bad mood this year due to a torturous relationship that is finally over so I didn’t play much but,

Best time spent in proportion to my excitement about a Release: Diablo 2 Resurrected. I’m named after this game and it was what I spent most of elementary and middle school doing. And they made a version of the game that looks like how you remember it looking in your child brain. I bought it on Swinch and PC.

Coolest single player game I played: Wasteland 1, which I talked about in some other thread but basically, that style of game from that era is usually impressive for not just it’s ambition but execution at the time, which was 1986 or whatever.

Coolest multiplayer game released this year: Halo obviously.

Most feels from a game: I played Shelter 1, a game about being a badger mom and trying to protect your kids while you migrate. My kids died and I don’t know if they were supposed to - the ending cutscene was just rotating chasecam of the mother badger crossing a marsh to her new home with maybe one kid in tow? I forget but it made me feel sad but more appreciative of the majesty and elegance of nature I guess. It looks cool, like papier mache, and had a nice sparse acoustic soundtrack. It was like 2 hours long.

Most embarrassing purchase: Well wasteland 3 is probably the least funny game I’ve played next to Postal 3 maybe. Everything about the writing makes me want to roll my eyes.

Did I play Super Mario Maker this year? If so then that’s still the best game I played.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Best new game: Metroid Dread
Best new game I actually finished: Monster Hunter Rise
Best game I forgot came out in 2021: Hitman 3

Old-School Classic of the Year: Earthbound
Game I Played the Most: Diablo 2 Resurrected
Worst Game of The Year: Battlefield 2042

Best game I played this year that everyone needs to play immediately: Ghost Trick

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Really split on giving my Impy between the Great Ace Attorney Chronicles and Metroid Dread. Both were extremely good sequels in series I adore. I'll give them each half of one.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah! posted:

you should check out monster train bob, its similar conceptually to slay the spire but it does enough stuff totally different that it feels super cool

oh it's on switch too, will look into it. i want all my rpg gaming to be on that baby.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Switch is hands down the best rogue like machine ever. making GBS threads whilst ascending = based sainthood.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Switch is hands down the best rogue like machine ever. making GBS threads whilst ascending = based sainthood.

Screaming about RNG while pinching a lil bloody cigar into the bowl.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Roguebook is a pretty good successor to slay the spire that I've been playing lately, it's not on switch yet but will be soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Screaming about RNG while pinching a lil bloody cigar into the bowl.

Starting another run while having the runs