Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Don't let them have one until they win a conference championship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

They fell rear end-backwards into a perfect name that everyone likes with Football Team. Why bother changing it!?

The history of the xbox project's name is a good primer on just how bad marketing departments can be at naming something. Jump to 33:42 if the timestamp doesn't work for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT_i6hXf9WU&t=2022s

Washington 11x

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jan 4, 2022

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I thought Mike Glennon has been riding the inertia of a one-off 4k yard, 30-15 season but I must have been getting him mixed up with Josh Freeman's flash in the pan seasons.

I just looked at Glennon's stats and I'm not sure how he has a job at all. Is the backup pool that lovely?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, the veteran backup QB's job is to be a lovely player who's worked hard so he can be the cool dude who shares his experiences with your young QB and coaches him up from a player's perspective.

He's supposed to be the guy who goes: Okay, you know how coach says when the D sends this blitz, ignore it, because this guy will be blocked? Yeah, he won't be, I know the RT well, he can't block TJ Watt, throw it away immediately.

Nov 6, 2002

The problem is, if you're a solid backup someone always wants to make you a starter*, and then you get yourself in trouble.

I'm looking at you Tyrod and Jacoby.

* Does not apply to Minshew

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Gatts posted:

If it’s anything like the community of Libertarians that tried to start their own city, they’ll be eaten by bears and any kind of regulation regarding feeding bears or maintenance of the city will be shot down as fascism. There’s a book.

If you start in a settlement of any kind, the venture is already corrupted. You gotta start fresh.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Far superior HoF, the Black College Football HoF has announced Ben Coates, Donald Driver and Nate Newton as part of their 2022 class.

Nov 6, 2002

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

If you start in a settlement of any kind, the venture is already corrupted. You gotta start fresh.

We're not asking for a hand out...

But please give us money.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
reposting to new thread

Demon Of The Fall fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jan 4, 2022

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

We're not asking for a hand out...

But please give us money.

It's not a hand out, it's a hand up :pseudo:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Kalli posted:

Far superior HoF, the Black College Football HoF has announced Ben Coates, Donald Driver and Nate Newton as part of their 2022 class.

Why is there a seperate black college football HOF?

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

mcmagic posted:

HBCUs are underrepresented in the CFHOF because they aren't FBS. It's the best way to ensure representation. I'd imagine that's the justification at least. I think it's a good idea considering how many colleges there are and how many programs get functionally zero major press because they're not SEC/ACC programs.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

mcmagic posted:

It’s for HBCUs which get minimal recognition anywhere else.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It’s for HBCUs which get minimal recognition anywhere else.

Are only HBCU players it in?

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Are only HBCU players it in?

I went to their site and it appears to be that way, yeah.

https://www.blackcollegefootballhof.org/about/halloffame

The Black College Football Hall of Fame was founded in 2009 by African-American pioneers, quarterbacks James Harris and Doug Williams to preserve the history and honor the greatest football players, coaches and contributors from Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs). There have been 90 Inductees since inception, including Mel Blount, James Harris, Willie Lanier, Art Shell and Doug Williams, who serve as Trustees.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Legit wonder how HBCUs will deal with the transfer portal and the potential of their best players, who may not have had many offers coming out of high school, now being recruited by bigger FBS schools after a year or two.

Larch
Dec 20, 2004

BEE LOVER

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Legit wonder how HBCUs will deal with the transfer portal and the potential of their best players, who may not have had many offers coming out of high school, now being recruited by bigger FBS schools after a year or two.

Recruiting is either an offer of gain, or an offer to be part of a narrative.

Usually a hero narrative.

It shouldn't be a hard sell really. I mean maybe you'll lose a few Herschel walkers but....

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
“You vaccinated? Or unvaccinated?”
Rodgers Shrugged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Isn't that just an extension of their recruiting issues generally? Like yeah, dudes who break out in their freshman/sophomore year are going to want to transfer to better programs, same as hot recruits aren't generally going to Prairie View.