Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
By getting added to the covid list I just got reminded that Feleipe Franks not only made an NFL roster but actually got into a game and threw a single pass for the Falcons.

The pass did not go very well.

Huh, if PFR is right looking him up he has a handful to way more than I expected special teams snaps (36). I guess I expected zero there so anything is more than I thought I'd see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

a neat cape posted:

I'd like for no one to test positive anymore

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
How about a middle ground. Some text positive, but less

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I would like to watch the best games possible because Miami v New Orleans saints was so bad I turned it off and went and read a book in the sun outside. It was a good book and a nice day, but still.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I on the other hand, want it to be divisional weekend and the starting QB of one team in each game is out after a positive test.

Just utterly ruin the playoffs, the death of dreams.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

BlindSite posted:

I would like to watch the best games possible because Miami v New Orleans saints was so bad I turned it off and went and read a book in the sun outside. It was a good book and a nice day, but still.

Why would you go outside to read a book when you could have watched a book play football?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Kalli posted:

I on the other hand, want it to be divisional weekend and the starting QB of one team in each game is out after a positive test.

Just utterly ruin the playoffs, the death of dreams.

The playoffs start when, like Jan 15? Lmao if you think anyone is gonna be forced to miss any time at all due to Covid by then.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/jacobinfante24/status/1475957491192188934

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
How terrifying and sad it must be to die still knowing that Matt Nagy was the head coach.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

soggybagel posted:

How terrifying and sad it must be to die still knowing that Matt Nagy was the head coach.

Oh man

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1475962385718554627?t=tGpFyIQR_ABZb7044SAXLw&s=19

So they just gave up

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Spoeank posted:

So they just gave up
Using the CDC as cover but their reasons are aligned. Public health is secondary to the profits.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
USA bay-bee best country in da world!!

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

Using the CDC as cover but their reasons are aligned. Public health is secondary to the profits.

Don't worry they're still doing great science over there.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/12/28/cdc-drops-omicron-prevalence-estimate-526210

quote:

The public health agency’s previous estimate that the rapidly spreading variant accounted for 73.2 percent of cases nationwide on Dec. 18 is now revised down to 22.5 percent — a significant drop that falls outside the agency's earlier 95 percent prediction interval, or likely range where future analysis will fall, of 34 to 94.9 percent of all cases.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

It is is such an incredibly weird disconnect between the internet and not the internet where the former seems to truly believe that there are 330 million people in the country just pleading to able to hunker down at home but the government just won’t let them because...profits? Despite each and every level of non podcast and right wing media business motivated for this pandemic to end ASAP.

You have like 25% of the population who will actively go around making things worse by spitting in the face of every anti Covid precautions just because they’re being asked not to and the other 75% who have done the right thing as reasonably as possible for 2 years who are mostly sick and tired (pun not intended) of said 25% ruining everyone’s lives.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Spoeank posted:

So they just gave up

combination of Biden stating "there's no federal solution" to covid and the delta CEO successfully lobbying the CDC to shorten return times because of the negative effect to their workforce availability means the entire country has given up.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Fate Accomplice posted:

combination of Biden stating "there's no federal solution" to covid and the delta CEO successfully lobbying the CDC to shorten return times because of the negative effect to their workforce availability means the entire country has given up.

Congrats for being one of many over the last 24 hours to fall for an out of context clipped 5 second cut of an hour long press conference that was initially produced and spread by literal fascists because it matched your preconceptions. You did it.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

to be fair, the odds that it wasn't in the range was 5%. on the other hand, lmao

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Oh cool the context people are here. That’s always fun

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Congrats for being one of many over the last 24 hours to fall for an out of context clipped 5 second cut of an hour long press conference that was initially produced and spread by literal fascists because it matched your preconceptions. You did it.

Yeah Biden clearly used the fed power to solve the problem of covid causing employees to quarantine. Thanks Bidens CDC!

Anyways I welcome back sports and am glad that mass testing on Monday means everyone able to play on the weekend so the playoffs won't be diminished

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
the context is him rambling like a man suffering through a stroke while the republican governor of arkansas kisses his rear end, then he says the thing about no federal solution before saying "give me a call if you need me" while shuffling off on vacation.

the context makes it worse, and i resent anyone implying you should watch more of biden attempting to form human language as his brain melts

football covid news: im worried about Arians, he's got a ton of underlying conditions, hope his team full of unvaccinated assholes doesn't kill him

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Relentlessboredomm posted:

the context is him rambling like a man suffering through a stroke while the republican governor of arkansas kisses his rear end, then he says the thing about no federal solution before saying "give me a call if you need me" while shuffling off on vacation.

the context makes it worse, and i resent anyone implying you should watch more of biden attempting to form human language as his brain melts

football covid news: im worried about Arians, he's got a ton of underlying conditions, hope his team full of unvaccinated assholes doesn't kill him

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

gently caress yeah politics

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ian Book did this.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

if covid is hitting the buccaneers how long does it take before brady is finally stricken?

personally hoping he gets super delta or some poo poo

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

They haven’t tested Brady in a long time

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Best part:

https://twitter.com/bylindsayhjones/status/1475961632178143232

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

They haven’t tested Brady in a long time

Oh someone tangentially near him gets tested. Just not him.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Covid is a lot like mommy in that it goes away if I don't see it. A study by little Danny, age 2

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Honestly man you must be living in 2020 if you think any millionaire with access to the best healthcare possible is in danger of dying from Covid.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Adun posted:

Honestly man you must be living in 2020 if you think any millionaire with access to the best healthcare possible is in danger of dying from Covid.

last i heard the super dope drugs are in low supply right now so being rich doesn't grant them auto access to the good poo poo like it has previously in the pandemic. but maybe im wrong. i mean, im not super worried about him, but it'd be a little sad if the old man got killed

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Thank goodness we got this all changed in time to keep Carson Wentz from missing time. That's worth at least 100 dead grandmas.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm glad they changed it after the Ravens had the guys who collect my recycling playing in the secondary against the Bengals

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Look all those asymptomatic players that were testing positive for a week or more that didn't happen. Open er up!

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1475978728853356549

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Look all those asymptomatic players that were testing positive for a week or more that didn't happen. Open er up!

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1475978728853356549

Well this was gone very fast

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Freaquency posted:

Well this was gone very fast

The NFL's very reliable data backs up everything the CDC just put out. Anyone testing positive beyond 5 days totally didnt happen

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1475981931317805065?t=lG5Z3uKa1sJmGyaUVtrJ8A&s=19

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

That documentary they did on him was amazing. RIP to one of the best announcers ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
drat. I have a lot of fond memories from my childhood years of Asking Madden and listening to my parents bitch about how annoying he was. RIP to the goat