Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

Squashing Machine posted:

The genre of women dancing and pointing at blocks of text that describe their purported crippling mental illnesses or some nonsense about the realities of being a mom is the most annoying thing to become popular in a year chock-a-block with annoying things

Also anyone that does Tiktok pranks or "challenges" should be assessed by some kind of professional

I saw one a while back that was a woman doing probably that same dance while the text told the story about her and her sisters being raped as children. It was so bizarre and upsetting like what the fuuuuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

DamnitGannet posted:

I saw one a while back that was a woman doing probably that same dance while the text told the story about her and her sisters being raped as children. It was so bizarre and upsetting like what the fuuuuck

i can't find a stare large enough for this

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I installed it and made one video thing and a couple of months later got a message that I was eligible for the class action lawsuit settlement for users living in Illinois who made a video on Tiktok before September 2021

Guess I can say it was definitely worth it to try out TikTok if I get any money as a result

It was so profoundly disinteresting otherwise that I never used it again though. Probably helps that I am just old enough that barely anyone I know uses it so I did not have anything to hook me to start with (I do not give enough of a poo poo about random people doing things to get invested)

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

TikTok is really good for people uploading videos of them harassing or annoying wage workers at fast food places or retail stores and then getting dragged in the comments for being worthless.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

Ive been hearing from the news that there’s Chinese people inside of the app so please be careful

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
whats the difference between this and instagram, not being facetious im just an aging millennial who still likes to think he is "above it all"

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Meme Poker Party posted:

Post your favorite tiktok titties itt.
wait theres titties on tiktok????

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

The Bramble posted:

In 10 years this thread is going to be proof that millennials are just as out of touch and curmudgeonly as we claim boomers and Xer's are.

TikTok is great.

tiktok is for children and adults who use tiktok should be put on an fbi watch list imo

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

numberoneposter posted:

bruh,

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

numberoneposter posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS36d3_Wkq8

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
I'm still waiting for "DikDok", the revolutionary app that will let me touch penises with strangers using the power of the internet.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

numberoneposter posted:

I think so! I've never used it myself but I've definitely seen discord videos of big ole swinging titties with a TikTok logo in the corner!!!!

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

TikTok bad

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:

DamnitGannet posted:

For a while I kept getting ones with what is apparently the sound from minecraft or roblox or something when you pick up xp from a dead character, the ‘joke’ being that this person’s family member had died or killed themselves and they’d found the body, and that’s how they chose to make a video about it. That was quite uncomfortable

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Sophy Wackles posted:

A piece of state sponsored Chinese malware is the most popular online thing ever? Sound about right.

oh no! they're going to take over america with the valuable information that I... [checks notes]... watch the weird smiling turkish guy cook giant pots of food

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

For a while I kept getting ones with what is apparently the sound from minecraft or roblox or something when you pick up xp from a dead character, the ‘joke’ being that this person’s family member had died or killed themselves and they’d found the body, and that’s how they chose to make a video about it. That was quite uncomfortable

is joking about your own dead family more or less hosed up than the an hero poo poo from when millennials weren't old and scared of teenagers

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Lmao I’ve seen this before but I never have the volume up in my phone so I just assumed it was a repeating gif. Never realized it’s the whole 3 minute video.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Sophy Wackles posted:

A piece of state sponsored Chinese malware is the most popular online thing ever? Sound about right.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
if your doing TikTok right then this should be you're response,

Chinatown posted:

I LOVE BIG TIKTOK TITTIES!!! :D

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

DamnitGannet posted:

Reminds me of this:
https://twitter.com/chaiconsumer/status/1472495813402054661?s=21

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i know old people always think younger people are stupid as gently caress but im thinking its for real this time

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

What the gently caress?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Real posting though, I've been watching it for a while now and while you do have to wade through a bunch of poo poo, when you strike gold, it's really loving good.

I've been lucky with the algorithm, the majority I've been seeing is drag transformations, ND relatable skits, and Native humour somehow even though I'm white. It has tried to push me into straight TikTok which is the loving worst, but I just make sure to swipe away anything with #marriadlife, #husbandwifecomedy or #parentsoftiktok as fast as possible then let videos about "I'm gay and haven't produced serotonin since I was 10 years old" loop a few times to keep me away from the toxic wastelands that the app is famous for.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 27 days!)

imagine if thumbnails were illegal on youtube

also asking a question as the title of a video gets you 10 years in the clink

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Squashing Machine posted:

Also anyone that does Tiktok pranks or "challenges" should be assesed assassinated by some kind of professional

Totally misred that sentence but think my version was better; have adjusted accordingly.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I miss YTMND

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
Urgh I know this makes me sound old but I just feel so incredibly sad about that girl with the sick baby and put it on TikTok. I just can’t. I hope that is helping her cope someone and it’s not just a shallow and soulless bait for engagement.
I dunno if I’m wrong but I don’t think it’s right to post kids all over social media. They may be small, but they are still individuals. I just think about how I would feel if my mom had posted every embarrassing thing I did online as I grew up. Sorry for the semi-serious post here in gbs. It’s just something I think about a lot since I became a parent.

Local Weather
Feb 12, 2005

Don't worry, I'll give you a sign. The sign will be that life is awesome

numberoneposter posted:

i know old people always think younger people are stupid as gently caress but im thinking its for real this time

For reals, I am terrified of TikTok and I have made it a point to not be on it. It’s like a mind virus

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

finally, a good use for tiktok

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

if i download a tik tok will the chinese steal my internet

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
theres some legit insane poo poo on this app

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7039505345336610054

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7015556238209502490

Chinatown fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Dec 30, 2021

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Chinatown posted:

theres some legit insane poo poo on this app

Yea, totally. TikTok has some p crazy stuff on it too

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Picnic Princess posted:

Real posting though, I've been watching it for a while now and while you do have to wade through a bunch of poo poo, when you strike gold, it's really loving good.

I've been lucky with the algorithm, the majority I've been seeing is drag transformations, ND relatable skits, and Native humour somehow even though I'm white. It has tried to push me into straight TikTok which is the loving worst, but I just make sure to swipe away anything with #marriadlife, #husbandwifecomedy or #parentsoftiktok as fast as possible then let videos about "I'm gay and haven't produced serotonin since I was 10 years old" loop a few times to keep me away from the toxic wastelands that the app is famous for.

you're not lucky with the algorithm; the algorithm knows how to keep you engaged and also believing that you have beat it

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Brother Tadger posted:

Yea, totally. TikTok has some p crazy stuff on it too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blpe_sGnnP4

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Picnic Princess posted:

BING BONG

gently caress YA LIFE

WE OUTSIDE!

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
An online thing with an actual user base.....Perish the thought OP

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Funky See Funky Do posted:

TikTok isn't even nearly horrifying or cynical enough to be the final phase of the internet.

lol yeah it is

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF

Oh yeah that's the one I was talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
My mom has gotten engrossed in tiktok videos of baby animals, particularly monkeys.

I'm just bracing for the day I come to her house and she has a tiny baby capuchin monkey in a diaper and bonnet that she's carrying around like a human baby :gonk: