Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
My mom has gotten engrossed in tiktok videos of baby animals, particularly monkeys.

I'm just bracing for the day I come to her house and she has a tiny baby capuchin monkey in a diaper and bonnet that she's carrying around like a human baby :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I really wonder how this kind of stuff will affect people a generation down the line. Like when you see parents make kids be the butt of an unfunny joke.

One (OK, admittedly many) time I had a big embarrassing meltdown on Xmas because I didn't get a toy I wanted. My mom was recording us on a camcorder at the time but was considerate enough not to record my meltdown. However, I see people not only record their kids reactions (often instigated via "joke gifts") but it gets put on these platforms for thousands of strangers to see.

Even had my mom been cruel and recorded/shared my meltdown, only a handful of people would have seen it. But if this was a tiktok video I'd be the "Kid has a meltdown he didn't get a Nintendo" and devoid of context would have made me look pretty bad. I think it would be a lot harder to cope and move on if your embarrassment was broadcast for the world to see.

Some people might shrug and figure, "who is going to know you as an adult were that kid? Just deny it" but people can be petty and viscious on the internet so it would only be a matter of time before it got weaponized in some way.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Whoever wanted to see boobies on tiktok, there they are.