Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I just watched the video, and that was a real loving spectacle. Early in the match there were some great images of shots coming from over the horizon and straddling the ship in focus. Great final no-range brawl and a real nail-biter of an ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Gort posted:

No belt armour... seventeen inch guns... in 1876...

After all, nobody will be able to hit us at our blistering high speed of 18 knots, so why would we need armour?

Looks like the guns fired once every eight minutes. That might have posed a slight problem in conjunction with the "compartments are enough to protect the belt" defense philosophy. I guess you shoot once, run away, and shoot again if they chase you?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Yeah bewbies the video was really good! Thanks for taking the time to film and upload/stream it. :)

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
It was a wild ride and glad we got something to simulate the titan slug fests of late Battleships, thanks for the thread.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Thanks for the LP, and the right ship class won!

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus

Gort posted:

No belt armour... seventeen inch guns... in 1876...

After all, nobody will be able to hit us at our blistering high speed of 18 knots, so why would we need armour?

Those guns are a lot less ridiculous than you might think. Remember that this predates the invention of smokeless powder (Poudre-B was in 1885, iirc), so there's a lot less energy involved than you're used to.

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
Generating your own smokescreen is a novel defense tactic. And hopefully, by the time reloading is done, it will have cleared.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

This video was posted today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iufiYMRMqDc

I'm calling you out, stealth. Show yourself! :colbert:

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

That's not the same video as far as I can tell, and this probably isn't a super novel concept.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Drac's in on this now as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWEL5W2K0aI

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

A perfect end to the tournament.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

edit: oops, wrong thread, was trying to quote somethin in here for another thread.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Just read this entire thread over the course of 24 hours and it is excellent

Hooray for huge ships shooting at each other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

It's a shame we never got a Cauldron of Doom featuring the Yamato and five Scharnhorsts