Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

This is a good thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Run it back, both ships repair and come out again.

(Dunk wins, throw the NC into the cauldron anyway)

Can we get seed numbers in the post headers? How long are most of these battles taking?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I'd actually quite like to see the fight run properly, if only to see the yamato do its thing in real conditions

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

How long are most of these battles taking in real time?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What a wild fight

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

that was certainly a beatdown

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

heck of a fight

1, 2, 3 and 5 in the semis. good bracket

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

GhostStalker posted:

Trap sprung, etc etc.

What’s the third? I know KanColle (Kantai Collection, the original Japanese one that led to the whole shipgirl/kanmusu thing getting popular and staying there, as evidenced by how many circles still make their doujin at Comiket, and who originally focused almost entirely on Japanese botes before branching out to Axis and later Allied shipgirls) and Azur Lane (the Chinese competitor who is arguably more popular now, and gaining again based off of Comiket numbers, and focuses more on botes from all the major WWII combatants), but I’m unaware of the third.

Iowa also talks with an Engrish accent in KanColle as fitting the first major American bote to get a kanmusu form and has a crop top for whatever reason. Yamato is the standard Japanese Yamato Nadeshiko (as fitting) that I’m aware of though, and her parasol makes her look really cute.

Also, glad I caught up with this thread. A lot of good bote action to watch and can’t wait for the finals.

What

GhostStalker posted:

Sounds like another cheap Chinese cash in. Azur Lane already has that niche and is much more popular, so I doubt they’ll get all that far.

For those unaware of Iowa’s KanColle form (she doesn’t have an official Azur Lane representation yet), here:

For comparison, here’s Yamato (voiced by Taketatsu Ayana; most well known as Azusa from K-On, Kirino from OreImo, Suguha from SAO, and Nino from the Quintessential Quintuplets, if you know Japanese seiyuu):

Richelieu also seems to have been added to KanColle since I last checked in on it years ago:

For completeness’ sake, here’s SoDak, who also seems to have been added since I stopped keeping up with KanColle:

They aren't even boats! That could be any generic battlesuit anime!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

pthighs posted:

I love the ?? in some of the beginning shots, it's like the ship is saying "What the gently caress am I seeing...?!"

Also, on board the Richelieu train, South Dakota inferior, bring on NoDak.

What are some of the other things that pop up? The BB and stuff?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Dang that's a proper brawl

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Dang, rich. Heck of a fight but Yamato could just take too much

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

crazy fight. couldn't really tell in the video but it looked like the front guns on the yamato weren't firing for a really long time, even before the rudder got knocked out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

bewbies posted:

After what seems like a LONG time at long range, Yamato finally makes the big right turn in, and the range closes rapidly. Iowa starts landing hits on Yamato's belt, that do little damage.

I guess as a follow up to my other question, if this is from when Yamato started to turn in the front guns don't look to be aligned with the rears. Was Yamato only using the rears for a big chunk of the fight?