Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prairie Bus
Sep 22, 2006

Jewmanji posted:

That’s stupid as hell. It obviously should’ve been starburst themed.

Edit: Did anyone read Cole Wehrle’s latest designer diary about splitting Arc into two different products? It was an interesting read, but definitely left me a bit worried.

I wasn’t following closely during Root’s development, but Oath underwent significant changes during and after the Kickstarter. I’m sure the Leder team can put out a competent game.

And, separating out the campaign elements is probably for the best. I love the idea of Oath, but it’s way too hard to get the committed group it required between life and the pandemic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prairie Bus
Sep 22, 2006

Anyone else playing the Pax Pamir 2e alpha on BGA? I’ve been playing with some friends and I had forgotten how much I loved the game. I was wondering if I had burned out on Wehrle after I bounced off Oath and John Company 2e, so it’s good to know that Pamir is still incredible.

Prairie Bus
Sep 22, 2006

SettingSun posted:

Played the first game of Arcs last night. One would think this game was the best game of all time looking at some reviews, but I dunno. This take is definitely informed by losing, badly, but I'm kinda tepid on it. It's one of those games where if you don't get it, it's just taking some meager turn and have it being completely invalidated by another player, leaving you worse off than if you did nothing at all. I want to give it another chance, but it feels bad to only score 6 points. Maybe the campaign is better; we played the one-off.

The Thurot review from last week was embarrassing. I'm looking forward to trying Arcs, but Oath was a big miss for our group. I think Wehrle does best with serious design limits like he had in Pax Pamir or Root.