Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

alkanphel posted:

Nice new thread for the new year! I just played Nicaea and it was pretty good and sharp.

I wish my game group expanded beyond my wife and myself so I could justify Nicaea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Speaking of Spirit Island, if anyone lives on the Front Range and wants a copy of it, I'll be selling mine soon.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Magnetic North posted:

do goons still like Twilight Struggle? Or has it fallen off? I have actually never played but I believe it is still extremely highly regarded.

I prefer Imperial Struggle to TS

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

I've been recommended duck dealer and need to keep an eye out for a used copy

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Jedit posted:

You UKian? I have a slightly used copy for sale.

Nah, I live in the country that WON the Revolutionary War :911:

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Can we take this to QCS or something? I'm not liking this pages-long derail about Prada slut and crypto.

Content: what are everyone's favorite solo-only games?

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

The General posted:

I enjoy Navajo Wars quite a bit.

Crying alone in my room.

I suck too much at Navajo Wars, it's drat hard.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Admiralty Flag posted:

I think this is sort of a trick question because automation can (not necessarily does) improve any solo-only game.

My recent new favorite solo-only game is Spirit Island, but it only counts because my wife hasn't had time to play it since I got it, so I've been two-handing it solo. :smith: What a great game!

Thinking about it, out of my two hundred or so of all sorts good and bad, I don't think I own any one-player games.

The fact that I only own... One? Solo-only game, but still play a bunch of other games solo are why I specified "Solo-only". I'm curious what else is out there.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Llyranor posted:

Sell Gloomhaven still shrink-wrapped, then play digital or get Jaws of the Lion.

2nd-ing this. My hot take is that Gloomhaven is only fine

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

RE: solo chat

Setting up a game and going back to play a move or two at my leisure sounds like a great idea.... but I have a cat who will 100% gently caress with whatever I setup so a move or two at my leisure would then require me taking my table topper on/off each time and that's no longer leisurely.

I guess I'll stick to playing war games via VASSAL :unsmigghh:

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Suddenly Susan posted:

This is my favorite solo game. Few things are more satisfying than having a designated place for every piece of a game.

I've thought about getting a 3d printer for board gaming stuff but I feel like I need a list of 50 things to justify one since the LAST time I had a 3d printer I barely used it.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

Is Rise of Queensdale random per game or is it the same layout of stuff for each box?

Rise of Queensdale is the legacy civ building game where you use a plunger to lift tiles up from the map to discover what kinds of resources and stuff are underneath and then you can build stuff there.

IME rise of Queensdale got REALLY samey after a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

This thread spends too much time on forums drama