Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koskinator
Nov 4, 2009

MOURNFUL: ALAS,
POOR YORICK
On the topic of solo gaming recommendations, the BGG solo guild recently wrapped up their annual Top 200 Solo Games poll. It’s a veritable treasure trove of what’s good solo and every interested gamer should be able to get a few good ideas from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koskinator
Nov 4, 2009

POOR YORICK
I really struggled with Sharp Fangs and thought it sucked. After reading a lot of advice, two things helped me get over the initial learning hurdle:

1. You want to be hitting the left innate as much as possible. It helps clear lands before they get too big and repositions beasts for your other powers. It gets much easier to consistently hit it if you get the first two top track elements and/or pick up one or two minors with animal/plant.

2. Don’t be afraid to use the special rule to replace your presence with beasts. I thought it was terrible, but once you actually try it you’ll be surprised how much it helps.

Koskinator
Nov 4, 2009

POOR YORICK

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Not knowing why I asked her, she shows me these she might be interested in:

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/275738/knitting-card-game
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2546/elixir

Well I guess I have some better ideas now

Don’t use her birthday gift as an attempt to strongarm or manipulate her into your hobby, get her an actual nice gift you know she will like and also buy one of those games as a bonus or separate thing.