Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

board games are fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Phil "your name is Toby and one day you'll thank me for this" Eklund

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I specifically keep a ks lemon on my shelf as a reminder not to get too committed about any particular project on there. I've learned since then and haven't backed anything I've seriously regretted. only once did someone flat out screw me on something and I've learned a lot since then on spotting red flags

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I always play lizards they are my best friends

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

PRADA SLUT posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/calliopegamenight/tsuro-luxury-limited-edition

$350 Tsuro with fancy wooden box and metal dragon pieces and stone tiles and poo poo

lol

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

CLANG goes the solid platinum handmaid card onto my table, permanently scratching both

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

$200 extra for the diamond thread sleeves, handwoven by blind eunuch monks

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

drawing a card with a political cartoon of my family patriarch's cartoonishly big rear end being like "MINISTER OF CRUMPETS?! COLONIAL EXCESS GOES TOO FAR" and I just throw my victory chips in the air with a shout of despair like I'm at the race track

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

day 1 of frosthaven tomorrow with da ladz - bannerspear, deathwalker, and blinkblade

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

GreenBuckanneer posted:

So excited to try these out :c00lbert:

word, I just got my shipping notification on Gate/s based on the rec itt

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I use actual skulls it's tough to keep my hand secret but worth it for the immersion

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I love skull but most of my friends don't sadly. I try to tempt them with the fact that it's a good drinking game

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Everyone was drunk and/or high which helps a lot

this is the secret

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Megasabin posted:

They are reprinting Cave Evil: https://store.cave-evil.com/products/cave-evil-13-year-anniversary-edition-preorder-99-20-usa-shipping

That’s been a grail game for some for close to a decade now. I remember almost splurging for it when I first started the hobby. I’m not really interested in it anymore, but cool that they managed to reprint it.

finally, the whole reason I've been on their mailing list

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

the best part of twilight imperium is space un and wheeling and dealing to see who gets elected minister of sprockets in exchange for passing environmental reform that allows you to build planetary cannons more easily and other silly poo poo

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Trip report I tied for third... I thought I could get multiple public VP a turn... you can not...

gj for your first run go into it again with your hard earned experience and crush your foes

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

had a good weekend, made some great frosthaven progress with the boys. everyone else has retired at least once but I made the mistake of starting a long-haul calendar based personal goal late so I'm nearly level 6 bannerspear. it gets to be a real powerhouse by that point and I'm usually the one who gets sent off to do things solo when the group needs to split up on something

hoping I can actually retire and try something new soon tho

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

dwarf74 posted:

If it's Aesther Outpost, as long as you did the first one relatively early on, it ain't bad :)

Drop on by the Gloomhaven thread btw! A lot of us nerds congregate there.

it is the outpost and I did not, lol

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

NmareBfly posted:

Playing 8 player TI weekend after this. Fully expect it to be a shitshow and take 13 hours. Can't wait.

the real game is the saloon-scale brawl that breaks out among the players halfway through

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

it's a very low-focus game that allows for a lot of simultaneous conversation and lots of cards with pretty bird paintings. perfect for mothers who are very tolerant when you pull out john company after

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I already have the ketchup expansion on preorder so lol don't care about this

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

if it looks good I'll probably upgrade and pass down my 2019 set to a buddy

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

noble knight is how I netted a copy of john company 1e long after that felt impossible

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

haddedam posted:

Noble knight cured my baldness and got me Leaving Earth

leaving earth probably made you bald again but it's good to live life in the moment

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

consulting detective does a masterful job of portraying the theme of the original stories that all the cops hate holmes and don't want him around

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

or hive if go's too big an ask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

SettingSun posted:

When you want to quit the game you're a spoil sport for everyone else and when I want to quit the game you're mean for not indulging my idea that I should not be bound to activities that I am not enjoying.

The Conway Twitty Rule