Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004
With flaming Canadians and such :(
I think the real-time betting aspect of Ready Set Bet is very fun especially if you use the app

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004
I sleeved my copy of sekigahara because the cards feel awful to shuffle unsleeved

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004

Magnetic North posted:

That is some high praise. I kinda lost track on Arcs late in development, so maybe I should look into it again.

The game is estimated to be shipping for crowdfunding backers in May/June. Finalized rules are here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f7rznbgyt6xvya7/AAAi0y7YJKznEOb2zVB0hQIVa/Rules?dl=0

You can play on TTS with this workshop https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3037846252

Someone also made a Tabletop Playground package here: https://mod.io/g/tabletopplayground/m/arcs1

I’ve only played the non-campaign game at two players so far but it was fun and much faster turn structure compared to Root or Oath. This is the only Leder game that I enjoyed with 2p as well.

Bottom Liner posted:

How's the one-off vs campaign play developed? Can you jump in to a fully realized asymmetrical setup without playing the base game(s)?

You can but it’s highly recommended that you play at least once with the base rules (with the leaders and lore pack for light asymmetrical setup if your group is comfortable with medium complexity from the beginning). The campaign rules are about 60% of the total rules volume so without some familiarity with the base game, a campaign session will take forever.

Pockyless fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Mar 27, 2024

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004
Speaking of Cole Wehrle games, in the Oath expansion he is working on, he wants to have something meaningful for players to do even when they have very little chance of winning the current game. His games in particular break down when players actually or mentally resign.

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004
Playing combinations of resources is very strong and often bypasses the limits of the cards delt. One weapon resource can change all the pips to battle actions and when you couple that with a fuel to move first you can make any turn with a low ranked card turn into war machine. In the leder games discord people were discussing strategy and a popular idea is that you are often sculpting your guild cards and resources to have 1 or maybe 2 action cards be really effective and everything else in your hand is just a means to make those cards pop. You get about 24 turns over the course of the game as opposed to the 7ish in Root and less in Oath, so there should be some time and space for players to perform small actions building up resources for big actions.

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004
Ive heard of people putting the heat cards in the engine section on the player board face down and then flipping them face up when they go in the discard to show that the engine is “generating” heat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004
- Player identity focused around player colour with traits, quests, temptation with curses (that allows them to borrows future power into the now). -> to allow people to move beyond the 'victory-question'.

- Reimagined chronicle system: end state will be split along the different achievements, laying decision-making with different people during intermission.

- Adding a booklet (like ARCS) where different rules can get introduced into the game. Might influence the game through semi-permanent rules over the sessions.

- Game-mode semi-coop with crisis system to have Oath work with lower player counts.

Nothing set in stone, Everything still in development and subject to change. Just current ideas being tried.

Also mentioned was an additional 50-60 cards.