Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I got Jaws of the Lion free because of Targets buy 2 get 1 free today. Never played Gloomhaven, but the couple videos I watched way back when made it look interesting, so free smaller version was a no brainer. For solo play is one handed ok, or should I play two characters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Azran posted:

Can't play with a single character so solo is two characters at the very minimum

Oh. Haven’t even glanced at the rules yet, been trying to get everything back in the box after punching and bagging everything.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Can anyone recommend a fairly simple dungeon crawler, something good for a kid around ten?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

Stuffed Fables

Can’t believe I forgot about this, thank you.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I bought Tabletop Simulator and have no idea what I’m doing. Excited to figure it out and eventually play some Eldritch Horror with my friend who lives on the other side of the world.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

It’s been a while since I checked, is coolstuff dead or has there site just been down for a few days?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

PRADA SLUT posted:

Seems up to me. I got a stock alert from them a few days ago too.

Working for me today. Could not connect at all for the past few days.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Anyone have any tips on mending old boxes? Just bought a first edition Arkham Horror with a couple torn corners.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Thank you, I’ll give it a shot soon.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Anyone shop with nobleknight? Looking to finally get some out of print poo poo and they’ve got most of them listed.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Magnetic North posted:

I have never shopped from them, but I have sold them some of my stuff, and had zero complaints. (This was all pre-2020.) Also, they voluntarily recognized their worker's union, which was cool.

SelenicMartian posted:

Out of 8 orders, I had two games that were listed as unpunched but certainly had been. For one they gave me a partial refund. The other had tokens inserted back into the sheets, one token missing, somehow had an extra token that could only have come from a different copy, plus a token from a different game.
Other than that it seems fine.

Thanks. Gonna try it out next payday.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Trying to decide if I should spend $250 on a new in shrink oop game from a seller on eBay who’s only sold a handful of things or $250 on a nm one from noble knights.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Magnetic North posted:

Noble Knight, maybe? I never used them to buy a used game, just to sell my own used trad gaming paraphernalia.

Seconding noble knight. Purchased a few oop things from them this year and am happy with the experience. Both were listed as vg+ but both were unpunched and had the cards still in the wrap. Pretty pricey though.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

The theme is garbage though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Issaries posted:

Lol.

I wish Mansions of Madness had more paid DLC scenarios. I've got all 1e and 2e components and DLCs, but no new scenarios after the 2019 sucks.

I’m still kicking myself for not getting forbidden alchemy for cheap when I had the chance. :negative: