Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

HouseOfLeaves99 posted:

For the new thread and for a refresher for myself, what are the best games for solo play?

I keep waiting for COVID to stop being a thing so I can play with groups again, but I'm getting the itch to play something.

Depending on your table space and ability/willingness to manage game logistics on your own, Spirit Island, Gloomhaven, and Arkham Horror LCG would be my top 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Archenteron posted:

Vlaada has a market row game?

Through the Ages

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Impermanent posted:

What's a better dexterity game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOOw2yWMSfk

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Leperflesh posted:

We are not threadbanning users without a lot of warning and clear communication about what is unacceptable and we are nowhere near that in this case.

Why are you even a mod if you're not going to remove toxic members of a community? Like what is your role here besides writing lots of :words: and :decorum: arguments?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Leperflesh posted:

We have one or two active threadbans in TG. That's totally a thing we do. But we're not at that point, or even near it, in this case.

If you feel I'm way out of line, feel free to appeal to an admin.

Like what is the threshold of toxicity needed to get threadbanned? Prada actively trolls the thread and derails discussions. Like yeah sure some people take the bait and doesn't put them on ignore or whatever, but you could actually do something that the community has repeatedly called for? I mean if your intention is to make this place so unpalatable that most discussion takes place offsite, that's fine, but that's doing a poo poo job at being a community moderator.

I wish you did something out of line instead of doing absolutely nothing at all but disappoint (with decorum).

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

potatocubed posted:

I'm not convinced of PS's Irredeemable Bad Person status.

It makes sense that if you don't see them as a rape apologist, then yeah they're not a Bad Person. Just apparently an appreciator of the finest misogynist media.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Radioactive Toy posted:

where's my Engine Building: The Engine Building Game.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/162007/steampunk-rally

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

I also wanted to add that paying back your loan (which has some additional costs attached) is also a way to get VP. I'm not saying it's necessarily a winning strategy to have good time credit, but it's at least somewhat encouraged to take the loan, aside from the immediate short term benefits.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

!Klams posted:

No! Let's have a gander!

Ankh is a CMON game, so a not insignificant chunk of gameplay is a Kickstarter exclusive.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Is Ouija a board game because there are a couple of movies based on that.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

This Cobalt Knight? https://www.cobaltknight.com/

Adding a screenshot in case it changes:

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

djfooboo posted:

If you are like me and didn’t know this existed, it is back in stock as a Gamezenter exclusive. Is there an LCG thread or is it necro’d?

https://shop.gamezenter.com/products/arkham-horror-lcg-out-of-the-void-investigator-pack

I dunno if there's a general LCG thread, but the Arkham LCG thread is here and still here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3989685

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Imperium is also one of those games that you don't really want to play at counts >2 and is pretty good solo.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Glagha posted:

One of my friends likes Boss Monster and I want to choke myself to death by eating the cards every time it comes out. What can I try to get him to play that's aesthetically similar but actually good?

Welcome to the Dungeon is a light game that is also vaguely dungeon diving theme but is actually more of a bluffing game. But if you want heavier, then yeah it is Dungeon Lords.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

So for some reason Potomac Distribution doesn't sell standard Ultra Pro sleeves anymore, does anyone know of a good/reputable seller of bulk sleeves?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

So are we all just supposed to be accepting and tolerant of people defending Kyle Rittenhouse here now or what