Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!
Is Coolstuff bad now? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
Wasn’t there also a hoopla about Sirlin “borrowing” rather generously from Knizia’s En Garde?

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006

Magnetic North posted:

I only learned about that this morning:

If you've got more intel on this and we can corroborate it with links and sources and stuff, I could puff this up a bit.

I unfortunately don’t have much beyond that.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006

djfooboo posted:

I just scored NIS Chaos in the Old World and NIS Horned Rat in my local buy/sell/trade group! :woop:

drat, congrats

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
If anyone's been wanting Whitehall Mystery and doesn't mind giving Amazon money, it's on sale for $29.32.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006

PRADA SLUT posted:

help me out gooners, I’m moving to (west) LA and need a new local board game shop that isn’t full of gross nerds

Not West LA (lol I'm so sorry) but in Pasadena there's Odyssey Games (formerly Game Empire) and Gameology.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
Dammit, my copy of 1889 was supposed to be delivered today but UPS couldn’t get into the building so it’s rescheduled for tomorrow. :smith:

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
Finally got my copy of Shikoku 1889 from UPS but the packaging was so inadequate that my copy sustained some damage (packaging box was slightly crushed in and there were only 2 of those air pads in the entire box, with 1 of those pads being completely flat and devoid of air).

Just checked on the KS update and my box wasn't even packed the way they said it was gonna be packed. Kinda disappointed in GTG and this fulfillment company.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I don’t know if it was just the group I was in, but aside from the person teaching it, we were all new. And he just threw us in headfirst with everything including New Frontier and it worked out wonderfully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006

Bottom Liner posted:

I did it with Inis and War of the Ring and I think it makes them both look way nicer.

Also switched the army minis for wooden tokens. I have mine as discs as regulars, blocks as elite, and cubes as leaders. Kept the minis for any special characters.