Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mighty Eris
Mar 24, 2005

Jolly good show, eh old man?
I had to double check, and the attack action only adds a news marker if defenders are sent to prison.

*edit* I'm a dumbass and was looking at the wrong thing entirely and missed that the discussion was the Senate placing the second terror marker. That should be news, right?

Mighty Eris fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jan 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Ithle01 posted:

I was thinking that too, but I think it's because Crackdown specifically does not place one.

Ah yes, and I couldn't have done them in different order, because Crackdown requires Control.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Ithle is correct. A News marker is only placed by a German landing, an Attack that causes cells to be moved to the Prisoners box, or a second Terror marker if placed by the Terror Action in Phase 2. Crackdown is none of these.

I'll put the update up first thing tomorrow. Sorry for the delay!

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Whoops, took me a little longer to be able to put this up. Sorry about that!

The Moderates conduct a Rally Action in Helsinki. The Moderates pay 1 Resource. 1 Moderate Cell is placed in Helsinki.

The Reds conduct the Rally Action in Varsinais-Suomi, Uusimaa and Tampere. The Reds pay 3 Resources. 2 Red Cells in Tampere are replaced with an Administration. Opposition + Administrations is now 11. 3 Red Cells are placed in Varsinais-Suomi. 2 Red Cells are placed in Uusimaa. Uusimaa is now under Red control. The Reds conduct the Political Event Special Activity in Turku and Tampere. The Reds gain 2 Resources.

The Germans act. There are German Troops in a space with enemy pieces. The Germans conduct the Attack Action in Häme. The Germans are the attackers and the Reds the defenders. With 3 German Troops the attack strength is 4. With a die roll of 3, two Red Cells are moved from Häme to the Available Red Forces box and one Red Cell is moved to the Prisoners of War box. Häme already has two Terror markers, so none is placed. A News marker is placed in Häme. Polarization is increased by 1.

Imperial German forces keep whittling down the Red defenders outside Tampere. The Red Guards consolidate their positions in the west and south.

Game map:

Order of Play:

1. The Senate
2. Moderates

The Reds are not eligible this turn.

Current Event Card (#31):

Next Event Card (#32):

Game Summary:

Senate Resources: 14
Population in Senate controlled Towns: 2

Reds Resources: 3
Total Opposition + Administrations: 11

Moderate Resources: 6
Networks + Resolved Issues +1: 3

German Vassalage: 3
Russian Vassalage: 0

Polarization: 8

The Senate will act first, followed by the Moderates.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

I read the Attack rules once again, and I think that one of the Inactive Cells in Häme should be activated, because when you Attack, one of the Inactive Cells gets activated before the dice roll.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

I just forgot to physically flip the Cell, the Activation is mentioned the last time you attacked.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

HerraS posted:

I just forgot to physically flip the Cell, the Activation is mentioned the last time you attacked.

In my last attack you mentioned the flip and also flipped it, but the first attack that failed should also had flipped a cell.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Senate - Command with Special Activity - Political event in Vaasa, Viipuri, and Häme - 1. March: leave one Active Cell in Häme, and march with everything else to Tampere, 2. March: move everything from Karelia to Uusimaa

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

You're right about the number of flipped cells, that's my bad.

The Senate conducts the Political Event Special Activity in Häme, Viipuri and Vaasa. The Senate gains 3 Resources. The Senate conducts the March Action in Tampere and Uusimaa. 6 Senate Cells and the Jäger marker are moved from Häme to Tampere. Häme is now under Red control. Tampere is now under Senate control. The population in Senate controlled Towns is now 3. 4 Senate cells are moved from Karelia to Uusimaa. Uusimaa is now under Senate control. The Senate pays 4 Resources.

Mighty Eris
Mar 24, 2005

Limited Command - Message in Helsinki, -> Uusimaa -> Häme/Pick up News -> Uusimaa

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

The Moderates conduct a Message Action in Helsinki. The Moderates pay 1 Resource. One Moderate Cell is moved from Helsinki to Uusimaa-> Häme. The News marker in Häme is picked up by the Moderate Cell. With a die roll of 6, the Moderate Cell is not captured. The Moderate Cell in Häme and the News marker are moved to Uusimaa.

With the German forces engaging the Reds in Häme, White Guard troops are free to march in the city of Tampere itself. Moderate networks are hard at work to spread news about the bloody clashes in Häme.

Game map:

Order of Play:

1. The Reds
2. Moderates

The Senate is not eligible this turn.

Current Event Card (#32):

Next Event Card (#33):

Game Summary:

Senate Resources: 13
Population in Senate controlled Towns: 3

Total Opposition + Administrations: 11

Moderate Resources: 5

The Reds will act first, followed by the Moderates.

Ithle01
May 28, 2013
Gotta play big in the last round. Event to shift Helsinki

Mighty Eris
Mar 24, 2005

Pass

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

The Reds play the shaded version of the 'Mannerheim's Victory Parade' Event. Helsinki is shifted one step to Passive Opposition. Opposition + Administrations is now 13.

The Moderates Passs. +1 Resource.

As the battles rage on inside and outside Tampere, the People's Delegation tries to drum up anti-government sentiment in Helsinki.

Game map:

Order of Play:

1. Moderates
2. The Senate
3. The Reds

Current Event Card (#33):

Next Event Card (#34):

Game Summary:

Senate Resources: 13

Total Opposition + Administrations: 13

The Moderates will act first, followed by the Senate, followed by the Reds.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Looks like that if the Senate wants to prevent a Red victory, Germans will likely win. The other option would be for the Senate and the Reds to lose voluntarily and help the Moderates win.

ChubbyChecker fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jan 19, 2022

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

e: disregard, found the answer

ChubbyChecker fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jan 19, 2022

Mighty Eris
Mar 24, 2005

Senate, I cannot let that event pass to me by without knowing it won't be used against me. It's in your interest to reduce polarization - I can take a rally + personality now that I have news, and if you take that event as shaded it'll be a double push on polarization. If that's not acceptable, than I'll have to take the event, which means it'll be harder for me to erode support by the final prop round.

*edit* Plus dialogue lets me erode support without increasing polarization further. Just throwing that out there.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Mighty Eris posted:

Senate, I cannot let that event pass to me by without knowing it won't be used against me. It's in your interest to reduce polarization - I can take a rally + personality now that I have news, and if you take that event as shaded it'll be a double push on polarization. If that's not acceptable, than I'll have to take the event, which means it'll be harder for me to erode support by the final prop round.

*edit* Plus dialogue lets me erode support without increasing polarization further. Just throwing that out there.

I won't use it against you. I have so many actions planned, and there will be so few actions left.

Mighty Eris
Mar 24, 2005

If I take a full command though that'll still give the Reds the chance for the card play, and seeing as how they're resource-poor and I'm pretty sure having to take another full command to place my personality will lose me the game, I think I have to take the event and see what happens. And on reflection, I didn't carry the news all the way to Helsinki so it's not like I can really do it immediately anyways.

Moderate event - Document published. Place Moderate cell in Tampere.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

The Moderates conduct the shaded version of the 'Armistice Proposal' Event. One Moderate Cell is placed in Tampere. With a die roll of 6, Polarization is reduced by 3: Polarization is now 5.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

What would happen if I managed to lower the German Vassalage? Would a Troop disappear, or would it happen only during the propaganda round? And if I raised it (which I wouldn't do), would a German Troop teleport in Häme?

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Powers' troops are adjusted during Propaganda rounds, so lowering/raising Vassalage wont affect their number of troops on the map until next Propaganda.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Senate - Command with Special Activity - Attack in Tampere, use 3 extra Resources, Engagement - Attack in Uusimaa, Engagement - Foreign Relations, decrease German Vassalage, use 3 Resources

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Are you using any Resources with the Attack in Uusimaa or are you attacking with a strength of 1?

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

HerraS posted:

Are you using any Resources with the Attack in Uusimaa or are you attacking with a strength of 1?

I just want an Active Cell, and want to spare my Resources.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

The Senate conducts the Attack Action in Tampere, paying 3 extra Resources for a total cost of 4. One Senate Cell is flipped. The total attack strength is 5. With a die roll of 5, 2 Red Cells and the Red Administration are moved to the Available Red Forces box. Opposition + Administrations is now 12. One Red Cell is moved to the Prisoners of War box. The Cannon marker is removed from play. One Senate Cell is removed from Tampere. A White Terror marker is placed in Tampere. Polarization is increased by 1. A News marker is placed in Tampere. The Senate conducts an Attack Action in Uusimaa. The Senate pays 1 Resource. One Senate Cell is flipped. The total attack strength is 1. With a die roll of 3, the attack is a failure. The Senate conducts the Foreign Relations Special Activity, spending 3 Resources to reduce German Vassalage. With a die roll of 6, German Vassalage is reduced by 1.

Ithle01
May 28, 2013
Reds pass after the Senate acts.

On the next card Event: Helsinki Unless I edit this because the next card is somehow better than that (hint: not likely)

edit: also, started new job so my updates will be around either this time or ten hours before it.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

The Reds Pass. +1 Resources.

The bloody Battle of Tampere comes to an end with a crushing White victory. Moderate influencers publish an armistice proposal that is circulated widely.

Game map:

Order of Play:

1. Reds
2. Moderates

Current Event Card (#34):

Next Event Card (#35):

:siren::siren: We are approaching the Final Propaganda Zone! The last Propaganda Card will be one of the five cards after 'Hennala'! :siren::siren:

Game Summary:

Senate Resources: 5

Reds Resources: 4
Total Opposition + Administrations: 12

German Vassalage: 2

Polarization: 6

The Reds will act first, followed by the Moderates.

HerraS fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jan 20, 2022

Ithle01
May 28, 2013
Event: Helsinki

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

So if I understand correctly, the Reds will win if the first card after 'Hennala' is the final Propaganda card, unless the Moderates use Dialogue in Helsinki, and Germans remove the Administration in Häme.

e: No, because the Polarization + Russian Vassalage in one too high.

ee: It would end in a German Victory.

eee: Unless the Moderates don't agitate against the Reds, then it could end in a Red victory too.

ChubbyChecker fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Jan 20, 2022

Mighty Eris
Mar 24, 2005

Moderates Command + Special: Message in Helsinki -> Uusimaa -> Häma -> Tampere. Message in Uusimaa -> Helsinki, drop news + Dialogue, shifting to Passive Opposition.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

The Reds conduct the 'VATO' Event. Helsinki is shifted to Active Opposition. Opposition + Administrations is now 14.

The Moderates conduct the Message Action with 2 Cells, paying 2 Resources. With a die roll of 3, the Moderate Cell in Uusimaa is not captured. The Cell and the News marker are moved to Helsinki. One Moderate Cell is moved from Helsinki to Uusimaa-> Häme-> Tampere. The Moderates conduct the Dialogue Special Activity in Helsinki. One Moderate Cell is flipped. Helsinki is shifted to Passive Opposition. Opposition + Administrations is now 12.

The moderate and radical wings of the leftist movement clash in Helsinki, competing for influence.

The next card is a German Action Phase card. With a die roll of 5, the Germans will act after all other Factions.

Game map:

Order of Play:

1. The Senate
2. The Reds
3. The Germans

The Moderates are not eligible this turn.

Current Event Card (#35):

Next Event Card (#36):

:siren::siren: We are approaching the Final Propaganda Zone! The last Propaganda Card will be one of the four cards after 'Tanner Abroad'! :siren::siren:

Game Summary:

Senate Resources: 5

Reds Resources: 4
Total Opposition + Administrations: 12

Moderate Resources: 4

Polarization: 6

The Senate will act first, followed by the Reds, followed by the Germans.

HerraS fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Jan 21, 2022

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Moderates, I don't think that either one of us can win, unless we work together and are lucky. How about we ally, and let the dice decide which one of us we'll both help to win?

Mighty Eris
Mar 24, 2005

I'll ally, but not to the point of throwing victory. If you're asking if I plan on backstabbing you at any point in the future, the answer is no - I'm just going to be pumping resources, lowering polarization, and lowering opposition from this point, which is a net good for you regardless no?

If you're asking if we're cool in Tampere, yeah we're cool.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Mighty Eris posted:

I'll ally, but not to the point of throwing victory. If you're asking if I plan on backstabbing you at any point in the future, the answer is no - I'm just going to be pumping resources, lowering polarization, and lowering opposition from this point, which is a net good for you regardless no?

If you're asking if we're cool in Tampere, yeah we're cool.

Ok, lets do it.

Senate - Command with Special Action - Crackdown in Uusimaa - Rally in Uusimaa and Helsinki

Ithle01
May 28, 2013
Limited Command: Activism. Roll a d6 to activate cells. Order is Varsinais-Sumoi, Helsinki, Turku, Uusimaa, Hame, Varsinais-Suomi

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Senate conducts the Crackdown Special Activity in Uusimaa. Uusimaa is shifted one step towards Neutral. Opposition + Administrations is now 11. A White Terror marker is placed in Uusimaa. Polarization is increased by 1. The Senate conducts the Rally Action in Uusimaa and Helsinki. The Senate pays 3 Resources. 1 Senate Cell is placed in Uusimaa and Helsinki.

The Reds conduct the Activism Action to Activate Cells. The Reds pay 1 Resource. With a die roll of 6, two Cells in Varsinais-Suomi and one Cell in Helsinki, Turku, Uusimaa and Häme are flipped.

The Germans act. There are German troops in a space with enemy pieces. The Germans conduct the Attack Action in Häme. With 3 German troops the attack strength is 4. With a die roll of 4, the Red Cell and Administration in Häme are moved to the Available Red Forces box. Opposition + Administrations is now 10.

The Senate stamps down on opposition in Uusimaa, the German army wipes out the remnants of Red Guards still present in Häme, and remaining Red Guard forces in western Finland prepare for action.

Game map:

Order of Play:

1. Moderates
2. The Reds

Current Event Card (#36):

Next Event Card (#37):

:siren::siren: We are approaching the Final Propaganda Zone! The last Propaganda Card will be one of the three cards after 'Rough Justice'! :siren::siren:

Game Summary:

Senate Resources: 2

Total Opposition + Administrations: 10

Moderate Resources: 4

Polarization: 7

The Moderates will act first, followed by the Reds.

Mighty Eris
Mar 24, 2005

Event - shaded

Ithle01
May 28, 2013
Ordinarily I would post my action, but I sort of want tot see the result first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

The Moderates conduct the shaded version of the 'Tanner Abroad' Event. With a die roll of 3, Polarization is decreased by 2.