Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ithle01
May 28, 2013
Command + Special: March. Move 2 inactive and 1active from Varsinais-Suomi to Pohjanmaa. Move the two cells in Uusimaa into Karelia. Political Event for 4 resources.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Will the last Propaganda round have only the Victory Phase, Support Phase, and the last Victory check?

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

The Reds conduct the March Action in Karelia and Pohjanmaa. The Reds pay 2 Resources. 3 Red Cells are moved from Varsinais-Suomi to Pohjanmaa. Pohjanmaa is now under Red control. 2 Red Cells are moved from Uusimaa to Karelia. Karelia is now under Red control. The Reds conduct the Political Event Special Activity in Turku, Varsinais-Suomi, Pohjanmaa and Karelia. The Reds gain 4 Resources.

Moderates manage to leak details about treatment of red prisoners to the foreign press, resulting in an uproar and renewed demands to cease hostilities. Red Guards move into northern and eastern parts of Finland.

Game map:

Order of Play:

1. The Senate
2. Moderates

The Reds are not eligible this turn.

Current Event Card (#37):

Next Event Card (#38):

:siren::siren: We are approaching the Final Propaganda Zone! The last Propaganda Card will be one of the two cards after 'Battle of Helsinki'! :siren::siren:

Game Summary:

Senate Resources: 2
Population in Senate controlled Towns: 3

Reds Resources: 5
Total Opposition + Administrations: 10

Moderate Resources: 4
Networks + Resolved Issues +1: 3

German Vassalage: 2
Russian Vassalage: 0

Polarization: 5

The Senate will act first, followed by the Moderates.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

ChubbyChecker posted:

Will the last Propaganda round have only the Victory Phase, Support Phase, and the last Victory check?

HerraS, I'm not 100% sure about the rules, could you clarify this?

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Yes, page 8 of the rule book.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Lets gamble, and hope that the game ends after this round.

Senate - Command with Special Action - March everything from Uusimaa to Helsinki, Political Event in Vaasa, Viipuri, Häme, and Tampere

Mighty Eris
Mar 24, 2005

Jolly good show, eh old man?
Senate - Shaded Event

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

The Senate conducts the March Action in Helsinki. The Senate pays 1 Resource. 5 Senate Cells from Uusimaa are moved into Helsinki. Helsinki is now under Senate control. Uusimaa is no longer under Senate control. Population in Senate controlled Towns is now 5. The Senate conducts the Political Event Special Activity in Vaasa, Viipuri, Häme and Tampere. The Senate gains 4 Resources.

The Moderates conduct the shaded version of the 'Rough Justice' Event. The Moderates gain 3 Resources. Polarization is decreased by 1.

In response to the foreign outrage at treatment of prisoners, commander-in-chief Mannerheim orders and end to spontaneous executions and other forms of revenge exacted by the White forces. White Guards move in Helsinki to secure the capital.

The next card is a German Action Phase card. With a die roll of 5, the Germans will act after all other factions.

Game map:

Order of Play:

1. The Reds
2. Moderates
3. The Germans

The Senate is not eligible this turn.

Current Event Card (#38):

Next Event Card (#39):

:siren::siren: We are almost at the Final Propaganda Zone! The last Propaganda Card will be the card after 'War with Many Names', meaning that 'Battle of Helsinki' is the final card on which factions can conduct operations! :siren::siren:

Game Summary:

Senate Resources: 5
Population in Senate controlled Towns: 5

Reds Resources: 5
Total Opposition + Administrations: 10

Moderate Resources: 7
Networks + Resolved Issues +1: 3

Polarization: 4

The Reds will act first, followed by the Moderates, followed by the Germans.

Ithle01
May 28, 2013
Well I hosed up hard on my last command so this one is going to be a problem. Also, I was really hoping the Germans would go first.

Command + Special: Rally in 4 spaces. Helsinki, Tampere, Hame to place cells and in Pohjanmaa to remove two inactive cells and place administration. Political Event as my special.

This should cost about 7 resources, but I gain 4 from my special.

Ithle01 fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jan 23, 2022

Mighty Eris
Mar 24, 2005

So, looks like I can take a limited command, or take an event to take a limited command. Wait, one more option, and the most wet fart way to end my game but it's the best way to improve my position.

Pass.

Mighty Eris fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jan 23, 2022

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Ithle01 posted:

Well I hosed up hard on my last command so this one is going to be a problem. Also, I was really hoping the Germans would go first.

Command + Special: Rally in 5 spaces. Helsinki, Tampere, Hame to place cells and in Varsinais-Suomi and Pohjanmaa to remove two inactive cells and place administration. Political Event as my special.

This should cost about 8 resources, but I gain 4 from my special.

I think that you can only place an Administration in one place.

Ithle01
May 28, 2013

ChubbyChecker posted:

I think that you can only place an Administration in one place.

Yeah, my mistake. Going to go fix that.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

This is much closer than I was expecting. Now that everyone’s just nakedly going for the win, it’s much more tense with each card draw.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Dr. Lunchables posted:

This is much closer than I was expecting. Now that everyone’s just nakedly going for the win, it’s much more tense with each card draw.

Tell me about it!

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

ChubbyChecker posted:

I now realized that I understood this question wrong. The Final Propaganda is played like other Propaganda phases (So Victory Check -> Politics -> Resource Gain -> Support Phase) but you end after the Support Phase to check final victory margin. Would you have don things differently if I had given you the correct answer the first time around? Apologies for messing up.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

HerraS posted:

I now realized that I understood this question wrong. The Final Propaganda is played like other Propaganda phases (So Victory Check -> Politics -> Resource Gain -> Support Phase) but you end after the Support Phase to check final victory margin. Would you have don things differently if I had given you the correct answer the first time around? Apologies for messing up.

Eh, c'est la vie. I would have done things differently, because I wouldn't have had to get more resources for the last agitation with the full command, but would have done a limited command instead. But playing that again would change too much, so lets keep everything as is.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Alright, sorry again for the mistake.

The Red conduct the Political Event Special Activity in Karelia, Turku, Varsinais-Suomi and Pohjanmaa. The Reds gain 4 Resources. The Reds conduct the Rally Action in Helsinki, Tampere, Häme and Pohjanmaa. The Reds pay 7 Resources. 2 Red Cells in Pohjanmaa are replaced with an Administration. Opposition + Administrations is now 11. 2 Red Cells are placed in Häme. Häme is now under Red control. 3 Red Cells are placed in Tampere. Tampere is now Uncontrolled. 2 Red Cells are placed in Helsinki. Helsinki is now Uncontrolled. Population in Senate controlled Towns is now 2.

The Moderates pass. +1 Resources.

The Germans act. There are German troops in a space with enemy pieces. The Germand conduct the Attack Action in Häme. The Germans are the attackers and the Reds the defenders. With 3 German troops, the attack strength is 6. With a die roll of 4, one Red Cell is moved from Häme to the Available Forces box and one Red Cell is moved to the Prisoners of War box. Häme is now under Senate control. There are already two Terror markers in Häme. There are no available News markers. Polarization is increased by 1.

In a last ditch effort, the Red Guards mobilize the remains of what they have as spring approaches. Despite all the bloodshed and fighting, peace still seems like an unobtainable dream in Finland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOy6hqzfsAs

The fourth Propaganda Card is revealed and immediately swapped with the 'War With Many Names' Event Card! The Final Propaganda round begins!

1. Victory Phase

No Faction has met their Victory Condition. The game continues.

2. Politics Phase

The Moderates' Personality is on the map.

There are four Cubes in the Political Display. With a die roll of 3, the 8-hour Working Day Issue is Resolved for the Red Faction. Networks + Issues +1 is now 4.

3. Resource Phase

The Senate receives 10 Resources. (Total number of Support on the Map regardless of Population.)
The Reds receive 4 Resources. (Total number of Population in Red controlled Towns and Provinces.)
The Moderates receive 2 Resources. (One for every two points of Polarization at 5 or less.)

4. Support Phase

Russian Turmoil. Russian Vassalage is already at 0.

Agitation. Each faction may now shift Support and Opposition or decrease Polarization. The Reds and Moderates may place a Network or Administration. The Moderates may place cubes in the Political Display. After Agitation, the game will end!

Game map:

Game Summary:

Senate Resources: 15
Population in Senate controlled Towns: 2

Reds Resources: 6
Total Opposition + Administrations: 11

Moderate Resources: 10
Networks + Resolved Issues +1: 4

Polarization: 5

All Factions will now conduct Agitation as per the rules on p. 18 of the rulebook. The Senate will Agitate first, followed by the Reds, followed by the Moderates. After Agitation the game will end with a final victory margin check!

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Can Senate give resources to Moderates?

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Not during Propaganda, no.

And now I'm kicking myself because my gently caress up probably robbed you from being able to contest for victory during the victory margin check. gently caress! Imagine a world in which the person running the game wasn't a complete moron and you'd still have a chance. Honestly I personally would really want to hop in a time machine and go back since it's only two cards worth of poo poo we'd need to redo.

Mighty Eris
Mar 24, 2005

I can only speak for myself, but I'm okay with rewinding to see what happens. I think I'm out of contention either way, but I'm still having fun playing it out.

And no worries about any errors, I've been screwing up rules left and right and I really appreciate you running this so quickly and cleanly.

*edit* what if we just finished up this final prop round, and then we could do a mulligan of the last two cards if everyone was still interested?

Mighty Eris fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jan 25, 2022

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

I think that I can only Agitate in Vaasa, Viipuri and Häme.

Senate - Increase Support in Häme to Active - Lower the Polarization to 0

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Mighty Eris posted:

I can only speak for myself, but I'm okay with rewinding to see what happens. I think I'm out of contention either way, but I'm still having fun playing it out.

And no worries about any errors, I've been screwing up rules left and right and I really appreciate you running this so quickly and cleanly.

*edit* what if we just finished up this final prop round, and then we could do a mulligan of the last two cards if everyone was still interested?

Yeah, it's a complex game, and some mistakes are inevitable. I missed your edit before posting my Agitation commands, and your suggestion could work.

ChubbyChecker fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Jan 25, 2022

Ithle01
May 28, 2013
When the rulebook says "shift to any desired level" they only mean one jump at a time right? I can only move the active support to passive support in Pohjanmaa and Karelia?

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Ithle01 posted:

When the rulebook says "shift to any desired level" they only mean one jump at a time right? I can only move the active support to passive support in Pohjanmaa and Karelia?

I think that "up to any levels" means that you can shift any place where you can agitate into Passive Opposition, and if you have an Administration you can shift them to Active Opposition. But the rules also say that you can't both shift Opposition and place a new Administration in the same place.

ChubbyChecker fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Jan 25, 2022

Ithle01
May 28, 2013
Well, assuming I can I would just flush my resources into Pohjanmaa to shift it all the way over to active opposition and then drop an administration into Varsinais-Suomi.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Mighty Eris posted:

This is a good idea, and I could even try to spice it up by changing the cards. Alright, lets get this prop round out of the way and then see what to do.

Ithle01 posted:

They mean that as long as you meet the requirements and have enough Resources you can go as far the other way as you can, so yeah you can shift Pohjanmaa all the way to Active Opposition.

Mighty Eris
Mar 24, 2005

Okay I'm trying to work it out - if my math is correct, on margins the Reds are +2, the Senate is -1, and I'm currently at -4.

If this is true, I cannot win because I cannot get resources, and the Reds will win if I do nothing. I can set it up so the Senate wins, or I can throw it to the Germans.

So, what do I do? Is it in the spirit of the game to for the Moderates to step back and let the people decide, to put their thumb on the scale for the Whites, or to let the whole thing burn?

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Mighty Eris posted:

Okay I'm trying to work it out - if my math is correct, on margins the Reds are +2, the Senate is -1, and I'm currently at -4.

If this is true, I cannot win because I cannot get resources, and the Reds will win if I do nothing. I can set it up so the Senate wins, or I can throw it to the Germans.

So, what do I do? Is it in the spirit of the game to for the Moderates to step back and let the people decide, to put their thumb on the scale for the Whites, or to let the whole thing burn?

I don't think that you can make the Senate win, because the Senate can win only with control. So you can only decide between the Reds and Germans.

Mighty Eris
Mar 24, 2005

If I withdraw both networks and then use an Agitate to place a network in Tampere, you should have control of Tampere and Helsinki which would give you +3 margin.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Mighty Eris posted:

If I withdraw both networks and then use an Agitate to place a network in Tampere, you should have control of Tampere and Helsinki which would give you +3 margin.

I don't think that removing pieces is allowed during Propaganda Rounds:

And it would give only a +1 margin if I understand correctly.

Mighty Eris
Mar 24, 2005

HerraS posted:

...please note that you can voluntarily move Administrations or Networks from the map to your Available Forces box before/during Agitation! This means that you can move your Administrations & Networks from one space to another by first moving them to your Available Forces and then placing them as per the Agitation rules! This also applies when conducting Commands, Special Activities and Events! The relevant rule can be found on p. 4 of the rule book (although it doesn't mention Propaganda, the designer of the game has confirmed that this is allowed during Propaganda Rounds as well).

And Helsinki is Population 2, so it plus Tampere is a 3 pt swing.

*edit* Forgot to throw in that I would also take an Agitation to swing Helsinki back to neutral, which would leave you at +2 and Reds at +1.

Mighty Eris fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jan 25, 2022

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Mighty Eris posted:

And Helsinki is Population 2, so it plus Tampere is a 3 pt swing.

Ah, I calculated the total margin. Also I had forgotten about that rule that HerraS mentioned.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Peanut gallery: if the choice is to dramatically reduce their own standings to force a right wing victory, it doesn’t seem logical the moderates would do it. They would also want to win, and it would be counter intuitive to basically bar themselves from the post civil war political map.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
On the other hand, if there's to be a mulligan why not show off a "fail state bad end." I'm sure Germany won't have any problems of their own in the near future.

Edit: Wait nvm thought we were talking about a German victory, good luck Senate still.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Peanut gallery: if the choice is to dramatically reduce their own standings to force a right wing victory, it doesn’t seem logical the moderates would do it. They would also want to win, and it would be counter intuitive to basically bar themselves from the post civil war political map.

Moderates doing everything in their power to prevent a left wing victory up to and including supporting the right seems entirely in character to me?

Ithle01
May 28, 2013
The maximum the Senate can get is +1 if the Moderates ceded control of both cities over. However, they can cut me down to -2 at the same time assuming that they spend 3 resources from their own victory margin to do so which would mean slipping down to like -7.

mods do as you will.

Mighty Eris
Mar 24, 2005

Moderates Pass.

I'd like to think that, as the playbook argues that a Moderate victory is the closest thing to representing the historical record by modeling their dominance of the political landscape despite the military victory of the Senate, that the most Moderate move to do would be to bow to the inevitable instead of blowing resources harming post-war political unity.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Would a free Rally from an Event pay for Offset?

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

The Senate conducts Agitation in Häme to shift the space to Active Support, paying 5 Resources. Opposition + Administrations is now 10. The Senate conducts Agitation in Viipuri and Vaasa, paying 2 Resources and reducing Polarization by 2.

The Reds conduct Agitation in Pohjanmaa to shift the space to Active Opposition, paying 4 Resources. Opposition + Administrations is now 12. The Reds conduct Agitation in Varsinais-Suomi to place an Administration, paying 1 Resource. Opposition + Administrations is now 13.

The Moderates conduct no Agitation.

Final Scoring:

The Reds have a Victory Margin of +2
The Senate has a Victory Margin of -1
The Moderates have a Victory Margin of -5

The Reds win the game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWCpjRvH1Ng

After the departure of the Imperial German Army following Germany's ever worsening situation in the Great War, the Senate no longer found itself capable of removing the Reds from their established positions of power in the western parts of the country. Senate officials and high ranking White Guard officers flee Finland to Sweden and beyond as the Red Guards sweep away the remaining White forces, some of which would continue small-scale resistance for years to come. A new socialist state is established under the Finnish People's Delegation. The fortunes of Finland become closely linked to those of Bolshevik Russia, and for better and worse Finland would follow Moscow's lead into decades of conflict with the west. As for the moderate Social Democrats who refused to join the revolt, most will be put on trial and found guilty of counterrevolutionary and reactionary activities, sentenced to either exile or prison. Some, however, would manage to re-enter politics in the new socialist state.

At this point I would like to thank all three players for participating despite the fact that I managed to cock things up somewhat right at the finishing line. I hope you enjoyed playing All Bridges Burning as much as I have since it's release. Don't worry about how you did here: I spent about my first dozen games getting my rear end handed to me no matter which faction I played.

I'd now like to ask each player whether or not they would be willing to mulligan the last couple of rounds: specifically we would re-do the turns from Card #37, Rough Justice onwards. I would swap out Battle of Helsinki to a different, random card and keep the Propaganda Card as the last card in the deck, meaning we would re-play the 37th card and then have one other card to play operations on before Propaganda. This would happen sometime next week because this week I've been drowning in university work: this is why my updating schedule slowed down during the last part of the game. No one needs to feel obligated to replay the end. Hell, other people can volunteer to play the last two turns if they so wish.

Whatever happens next, once again thank you to all three players and the peanut gallery for exploring this little part of history of an insignificant frozen bog country somewhere up north with me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Unfortunate oopsy aside, thank you for running this, and the players for playing! COIN games are always an enjoyable follow.