Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Basically a more coherent preview of that upcoming anime movie about the dancing guy with the extra long limbs.

I just can't believe we're getting a Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer anime. Do we know who's animating it? Is it Trigger? I don't think we know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Tales of Woe posted:

Trigger, cyberpunk 2077 anime

:psyduck:

Hopefully Trigger knows it has a divine obligation to make something oversized, underdone, and puzzlingly dysfunctional. It'll be better on the blu-rays, of course, they pinkie promise.

Or they'll do a competent job and the only characteristic it'll share with the original property is that they'll both have been developed in a horribly exploitative work environment.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Terrible Opinions posted:

It's based off a tabletop game that was the runner up to Shadowrun. Before the game it was primarily known for using photographs of dolls in place of illustrations in its most recent edition because whoops no money.

The OG Cyberpunk ttrpg was made in the time of charmingly lovely sourcebook images and this fits right in. It makes thematic sense, too, with the hyperreal facsimiles of dying ideas such as "human" or "person" being a part of cyperpunk the genre. That's why all the anime voice actors should be vocaloids imo, except Nick Cage. It is not relevant that Cage doesn't speak Japanese.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Terrible Opinions posted:

Especially The World of Synnibarr

Hell yeah. Anime was made for this poo poo.

e: That or Rankin/Bass, but they died I think.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Asimo posted:

and there's at least an indirect line between The Last Unicorn and Spirited Away which in retrospect makes complete sense. :v:

Oh look, it's two of my favorite things growing up. The Last Unicorn is a pretty good demonstration of the concept of mono no aware, come to think of it, and other bittersweet artistic concepts/emotional states. I forgive Rankin Bass for every lovely thing they ever animated and claymated. I've decided that just now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
The manga is good, for what it's worth.