Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Since I can't Vote for Tropical Rouge cause RULES my top 5 for the year are

1) Super Cub - Yeah it's pretty much an ad for the Honda Super Cub but it's such a good ad. Koguma slow growth upon picking up a cub is just done so well by the series, her growing Friendship with Reiko and Shii are all handled great. And the series also has a bit of melancholy as well.

2) Uma Musume Season 2 - Horse girls are back and this does what all great sequels too, improve on what works in the first series and toss out what didn't work. All the less than good stuff in season 1 with the coach is tossed and we get a great sports story that is shows triumph, the pain of injury and the comeback in 13 episodes. Also it manages to have some of the silliest gags while not ruining the actual tension of the races. And the ending is so good it's hard to believe that it's actually based on real life. Up there with the best sequel series and best Gacha anime

3) Laid Back Camp Season 2 - Is not as consistent as season 1 but still really good. Nadeshiko's solo camp and Rin's keeping an eye on it where perhaps the high point but this is still real good stuff and I eagerly await season 3

4) Non Non Biyori Nonstop,- Nyanpasu!

5) Love Live Superstar - The reduced cast actually helps keep the series more in focus and it's still has the charming boundless energy all Love Live series have. Fun entry and I look forward to more with this cast

Honorable mentions for me: Otherside Picnic (Flawed Adaptation of strong source but I really love the source), Healing Good Precure movie, D4Dj, Blue Reflection Ray, Back Arrow, Jahy-sama

And now on the flip side the worst 5 anime I actually watched to completion (Stuff I dropped after an episode doesn't count or stuff I avoided cause I knew I'd hate it don't count here)

5) Fena Pirate Princess - Crunchyroll co-production that tries to channel 00's anime and it does that by doing all the bad stuff 00's anime does. But what pushed it into the top 5 was it's just awful ending arc and ending that
was not only bad but didn't fit the previous tone of the series. Again some 00's anime tried to do that at times and this shows it's perhaps not good to go back

4) Gekidol - I kinda of feel bad putting this here as Gekidol had IDEAS. In a way it almost reminded me of Key the Metal idol...Gekidol just was such a mess in how it tried to show it's ideas, the sheer pacing of the show being super weird (Doing a full play at the end of episode 1 was perhaps not the best idea) and just how weird and confusing things got.

3) LBX Girls - I like magical girl shows and power armor girl shows all the way back from Yuna in the 90's and I grade them with a wide curve. Which tells you how awful LBX Girls is for to make this list. An okay setting ruined by an annoying main character, pacing being a mess, and the production falling apart that we get a flashback episode with no new animation and the finale is super full of static shots and bad direction. An all around boring show

2) Vladlove - Mamoru Oshii's return not only to anime but comedy anime as well and I wish he'd go back to live action. Billed as a Yuri comedy it really doesn't have a lot of comedy beyond the Castlevania episode, consists of a lot of talking and boring literary references and jokes. And perhaps the biggest crime is the main pair really don't spend a lot of time together or getting a lot of time to devlop as a couple. Instead we get more jokes with the annoying muscle guy. Oshii's Lupin stuff has been better but this is a huge misfire and would easily be the worst of the year if it wasn't for....

1) Wonder Egg Priority - This started out so promising - Our main character wondering why her best friend committed suicide and buying wonder eggs to bring her back to life. Show starts out looking like it's going to deal with social and LGBT issues in a positive thoughtful light...until cracks start showing and it's focus on LGBT and social issues start looking less thoughtful and more...bad. But even with those cracks I probably wouldn't have put it down as the worst if it wasn't for the final episode which just took the interesting premise of the series and just shat on it by making Ai's best friend the real bad guy and the teacher that was framed super Creepy at the start as a good character. Just awful stuff and easily makes Wonder Egg the worst show of 2021 and if any awards give it anime of the year I'll laugh at them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU