Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
1. Odd Taxi
This came out of nowhere and I didn't watch it when it aired but all the positive word of mouth led to me binging it later in the year and I'm so glad they did, seeing all the plot threads come together was very satisfying. Also had my OP of the year.

2. SSSS Dynazenon
Didn't quite reach the highs of Gridman but comes close.

3. Jujutsu Kaisen
Very solid shonen. Doesn't do anything crazy but does what it does very well.

4. Godzilla: Singular Point
I'm not a huge Godzilla fan but I found this engrossing. Plus the mascot character Pelops II was very cute.

5. Blue Reflection Ray
I watched the first half and dropped it then watched the second half over a weekend just before the second game came out. I really enjoyed the second game so Ray benefits in my rankings from enjoying that so much. Still, it holds its own despite not looking the best.

Honorable mentions
There was a lot of sequels this year and for the most part I enjoyed them but for whatever reason I always find it difficult to include them on best of lists but Zombie Land Saga: Revenge, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S, Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- Season 2, Non Non Biyori: Nonstop, Beaststars Season 2, Aggretsuko Season 4 and Yuru Camp Season 2 were all varying degrees of good. Star Wars: Visions also had a few really good episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU